eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old March 15th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bagheera is infamous around these partsBagheera is infamous around these parts
Can Whatsapp be installed and used on desktop computers?

My mobile phone is a basic model. You know the one which doesn't support pictures or videos. Only text. I can't afford to buy the higher one. So I want to know. Can Whatsapp be installed and used on desktop computers?

If yes,

1. What are the additional hardwares required?
2. Whom to contact for the setup?
3. How much will be the initial investment and what will be the monthly cost?
Old March 15th, 2015, 07:42 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can Whatsapp be installed and used on desktop computers?

I don't think so.
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

yes you can use whatsapp and almost all other android apps on ur computer or laptop.
For that you will have to download and install Bluestacks and you can use all the android apps on your computer.its free and easy to install. google for bluestacks for download link.
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Junior eCharchan

Arman is on a distinguished road

yes, you'll be able to use WhatsApp and most alternative automation apps on the urban center laptop or laptop computer.
For that, you just can have to be compelled to transfer and install Bluestacks and you'll be able to use all the automation apps on your laptop.its free and straightforward to put in. google for blues tracks for transfer link.
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Banned

Raizo is on a distinguished road
Solution!!!

you can use whatsapp and almost all other android apps on ur computer or laptop.
For that you will have to download and install Bluestacks and you can use all the android apps on your computer.its free and easy to install. google for bluestacks for download link.
Old April 8th, 2015, 06:30 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Just google for whatsapp jokes and 90% of what you get in whatsapp is covered. go to hoax-slayer.com or snopes.com and you get another 9%, which is 'please forward this to as many as possible'. The last 1% are meaningful messages and request your friends to send them to you by email.
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

go to web.whatsapp.com and scan the code using ur whatsapp app on your android phone.

No need of username or password. Once u are done with using that, use ur phone app to remove that computer from the accessible list.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Babu pai, he/she does not have an android phone, but a plain vanilla mobile.

i was also believing in divergence some time back. After my Sony K750i got stolen in 2008, i switched to a Nokia 1110 (Made for India) phone.

My take then was - 'Use mobile to talk, computer to browse, MP3 players for Music and camera for pix'
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Babu pai, he/she does not have an android phone, but a plain vanilla mobile.

i was also believing in divergence some time back. After my Sony K750i got stolen in 2008, i switched to a Nokia 1110 (Made for India) phone.

My take then was - 'Use mobile to talk, computer to browse, MP3 players for Music and camera for pix'
I just came across this site yesterday and @sgars pai, i do not think there is any desktop application that can provide the same utility as whatsapp app.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old June 21st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
I just came across this site yesterday and @sgars pai, i do not think there is any desktop application that can provide the same utility as whatsapp app.
Sir there are many atleast two I know which run almost all android apps on pc

Quote:

1. BlueStacks

Company
  2. Bluestacks is an American tech company that produces the BlueStacks App Player and other cloud-based cross-platform products. The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on Windows PCs and Macintosh computers. Wikipedia
  3. Founder: Rosen Sharma
  4. Founded: May 25, 2011, San Francisco, California, United States
  5. CEO: Rosen Sharma
Other one is YouWave
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:04 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Sir there are many atleast two I know which run almost all android apps on pc

Other one is YouWave
None of that gimegime your credit card number after few days or trial run?

ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
None of that gimegime your credit card number after few days or trial run?

Not sure about youwave but bluestalks is free and later on after few months they give you option of either paying $2 per month or install apps they recommend,choose the later,uninstall downloaded apps on weekends,thats what I do