eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old March 30th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengthening immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post

But when the doctor delays you and makes you wait longer than a reasonable time.. shouldn't they pay you for waiting on them?
That's actually a very interesting point. let me look up the law how it works. More often than not, we book appointments at 9 AM and inform at work that we will be there before 11. Say when the doctor didnt see you until 10, you dont get to work until 12 (happened to me several times). I wonder what happens then. have you looked this up?

There is a state law in Delaware I believe where you are not allowed to save the rain water or the water that belongs to the city. say, if a small creek is passing through your property, you are not allowed to use that water to water the plants. You are also not allowed to save the rain water and reuse it as the rain water is the city's property.

Some smart guy sued the city as the rain water damaged his roof. made perfect sense to me. but the city won the case. Of course.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:06 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason we even hear about such things is because there exists this thing called the social media.

I recall few years back somebody sending a bill to the doctor for cancelling a scheduled appointment with less than 24 hours notice. Don't know what happened thereafter. They even had plans of sending the bill again with a restated late interest fee charges after the initial 2 weeks to pay were over.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the person ended by being boycotted by all the doctors in the city.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I have no idea what they do! It frustrates me to the core. When my DD was 6 months old, she had very high fever. It was 2 AM when we decided it cannot wait any longer and went to ER. There was no one there in the waiting area. Apparently there is another waiting area inside with beds where they put more patients (we came to know about it after my partner got upset with the wait times). The head nurse checks the patient as soon as we get in. If 'she' thinks its an emergency, then it is emergency. If not, you wait until the doctor decides to see you.

So anyway, we waited for 3 hours and my LO was burning up. When the doctor did finally see her, they could not determine the source of fever. So, he could not prescribe anything for her. He sent us to a bunch of tests including x-rays, urine sample (ugh it was a nightmare for us and for the baby), several bloods works, stool checks etc. By the time they figured out the cause of fever, it was 2 PM. Took them 12 hours. No medication meanwhile. By the time we did get home, it was 7 PM. I guess this post qualifies for memory dump thread.
That is horrible.
I wonder what I would have done in that situation.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
That is horrible.
I wonder what I would have done in that situation.
Well, you dont have a choice but to wait. What are the options anyway? take her to a different ER? Then you are looking at another 3+ hours of wait before someone see's you again.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Well, you dont have a choice but to wait. What are the options anyway? take her to a different ER? Then you are looking at another 3+ hours of wait before someone see's you again.
Right.

I would have expected Canada to be better due to its high taxes.
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM
vipin

vip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond reputevip11 has a reputation beyond repute

I AM of the view, Whatever allopathy medicines we consume weakens our immunity. Allopathy should only be resorted in emergency or in case of having no other option. Nature has provided panacea for every ailment. As in case of cold or running nose the universal remedy is any natural resource which is very rich in vitamin C. In case of India it is Indian gooseberry (Ambla), in cold Indian desert of Ladhak, Lahul Spiti it is Chrama (Seabuck thorn). Only nature can provide best remedy for strengthening immunity. The age old established practices of curing diseases can be tried which are not only effective but are also without side effects. In present days it is also called as alternate system of medicines. The home remedies used in age old civilization (Chinese, Indian, Greek etc.) are the best alternate medicines. The modern day science although provide instant cure for illness but at the same time degrade our quality of healthy life especially during approaching old age. The modern day doctors although has extended our life but simultaneously has decreased the qualitative value of healthy life. My view is that it is the application of mind to get along with our body i.e. how much and in what extent the allopathy should be restricted. I uses Hydropathy (the increased intake of water) to cure pimple, skin boils etc. The banana is best antacid. The human body easily consumes minerals from non-veg food for it being from same origin as our body, this would be useful in case of weakened system of body. The herbal medicines are best but in Pharmacy packing’s its viability decreases with passage of time, so care should be taken to obtain freshly packed medicines. Its myth that Ayurvedic medicines do not expire, the truth of decreasing viability would ruin the whole industry. The underlying principal is to know your body and gain the knowledge of age old established practices. With approaching middle age one should concentrate on keeping his lever and digestion in good health, by consuming suitable diet which is good for lever or digestion.
Old April 13th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Right.

I would have expected Canada to be better due to its high taxes.
No, not really. I think the taxes come into picture when it comes to billing. We dont pay for our medical bill here or for the consultation. As for the prescription drugs, we pay them and get covered.
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip11 View Post
I AM of the view, Whatever allopathy medicines we consume weakens our immunity. Allopathy should only be resorted in emergency or in case of having no other option. Nature has provided panacea for every ailment. As in case of cold or running nose the universal remedy is any natural resource which is very rich in vitamin C. In case of India it is Indian gooseberry (Ambla), in cold Indian desert of Ladhak, Lahul Spiti it is Chrama (Seabuck thorn). Only nature can provide best remedy for strengthening immunity. The age old established practices of curing diseases can be tried which are not only effective but are also without side effects. In present days it is also called as alternate system of medicines. The home remedies used in age old civilization (Chinese, Indian, Greek etc.) are the best alternate medicines. The modern day science although provide instant cure for illness but at the same time degrade our quality of healthy life especially during approaching old age. The modern day doctors although has extended our life but simultaneously has decreased the qualitative value of healthy life. My view is that it is the application of mind to get along with our body i.e. how much and in what extent the allopathy should be restricted. I uses Hydropathy (the increased intake of water) to cure pimple, skin boils etc. The banana is best antacid. The human body easily consumes minerals from non-veg food for it being from same origin as our body, this would be useful in case of weakened system of body. The herbal medicines are best but in Pharmacy packing’s its viability decreases with passage of time, so care should be taken to obtain freshly packed medicines. Its myth that Ayurvedic medicines do not expire, the truth of decreasing viability would ruin the whole industry. The underlying principal is to know your body and gain the knowledge of age old established practices. With approaching middle age one should concentrate on keeping his lever and digestion in good health, by consuming suitable diet which is good for lever or digestion.

Very well said, and in fact,…. nthg else here is remained, to say much,..since,..

All R’ just very basic common sense,..

Of maintaining good and healthy food, air, water,…

and daily routines with cleanliness, - clean clothes, bath, clean and pollution free home and work climate,.. fresh garden airs, breathe exercises,..

natural fruits and vegetables, eat healthy, breathe healthy, eat n' drink fresh, do exercises,… No to tannin, caffeine, nicotine, drug n' alcoholism,.. Good-nite sound sleep and frequent work breaks,.. Change of work, recreation and refreshment to improve mental health,... stress, tension and worry free mental health maintenance with yogas, pranayum and such,.... Good reading, entertainment and refreshment techniques to fight the fatigue effects, stress, tension, woes and worries,..

maintain cleanliness, avoid fried ( steam n' oil ) n' frozen foods, baazaaru/junk foods with extra heavy spices and rotten materials been used,.. and maintain cholesterol, - frequent urine, blood, stool and BP/ Sugar checks for proper maintenance with deficient vitamins,.. etc etc..

The key is like you mentioned,.

Keep less and less used to with any kind of medicines, and especially don’t habituate your body with regular anti-biotic.,.. 'Coz if body’s bacteria and immune system is used to with it, then it may not work when you really need the anti-biotic.

^^ And, it will strengthen your immune systems, to fight any diseases and disorders !

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 13th, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:08 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

From here on no biriyani for jagmohan.
Old April 18th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
From here on no biriyani for jagmohan.
stop everything.
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Yaah,... ya better not !

Be careful, next-time !

they say,.....

Don't spill the blood into da water, if you suspect a shark in it !
Old April 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

shark in a jar :-

Old September 9th, 2015, 10:01 AM

Saw something related to the discussion we had over here.