eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:24 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Oracle VM VirtualBox

I have been told to install Oracle VM VirtualBox

Now can any of our expert give me a quick tutorial on how to use it with ease.What are the basic knowledge required to use this vm box.
From what I understand its a linux stimulator for windows,correct me if I am wrong.

More details about what we are doing can be sent to you via pm/email incase you are expert and willing to help me.

Thanking you

Aapka apna LandyaBhai

Old June 1st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oracle VM VirtualBox

It's not an 'emulator'. It's a full fledged machine that runs independent of your OS.
Do the basic part first. Download and install it, accept defaults.
Second, download an iso of Linux (if you want a Linux guest) or get hold of your IT to get a windows install CD if your guest OS is going to be Windows. By the way, your laptop will be called 'Host'.
Run virtualbox. Click on 'New' to create a new machine. You will need to select appropriate OS type.
Next, it will walk you through creating a virtual hard disk (a large file on your laptop). Set the size of that disk to some 64 GB. Close the wizard.
Then in teh settings of that newly created machine, find your way to storage section. In that storage section, select the CD /DVD drive. There is a option to select an ISO and mount it in that drive. Do mount.
Once that's done, start the VM.
This will cause the guest machine to boot into CD/DVD - which is your install OS. Then follow standard installation steps to install Guest OS.
Once complete, go to that vm settings again, and remove the ISO from CD drive.
You should all be set.

VM, once run, will lock your mouse / keyboard. To release it, I think the option is right alt.
HTH
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making it so easy.
Will come back on this thread incase I need more of your help
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happund?
Old June 10th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
Whatever happund?
He is still working on it. He will get back to us once he is successful

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless