eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 25th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Banned

werewolf2 is on a distinguished road
Question Accurate Answer Needed: Is ADHD same as OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress?

What happened? Why am I asking this question?

For many years, all the doctors I consulted repeatedly did wrong diagnosis. They would have continued with wrong diagnosis if I hadn't accidentally stumbled upon the name of this disease on internet and thought of checking it out.

Doctor folk’s diagnosis: OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress

Name of the disease about which I read: ADHD

When I read about the symptoms of ADHD, I can relate with it. When I read of OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress, I feel the only reason I have to believe in it is because professionals are saying so.

Now if I point this out to those doctors, I expect them to say things like:
1. ADHD and OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress are one and the same.
2. ADHD and OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress are interlinked. If you are afflicted with one, you automatically get the other.
3. ADHD occurs at advanced stages of OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress or vice versa.
4. ADHD occurs in extreme cases of OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress or vice versa.

So please tell me whether doctors are right or wrong.
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:36 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Accurate Answer Needed: Is ADHD same as OCD/Depression/Anxiety/Stress?

i am not a psychiatrist , but from whatever i dimly remember from my MBBS days when we had psychiatry as a small subject is that ADHD is more in children .

ADHD afflicted children cannot concentrate on one topic and the mind wanders from one topic to another . that is why AD ( attention deficit ) , and related to this they also are hyperactive and do not sit still doing one activity but are constantly physically active---too active .

it is not the same as obsessive compulsive disorder or depression .

one cannot say about doctors being right are wrong without examining you . it is wrong to ask members who have never met you about whether doctors are right or wrong .
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:34 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post

ADHD afflicted children cannot concentrate on one topic and the mind wanders from one topic to another . that is why AD ( attention deficit ) , and related to this they also are hyperactive and do not sit still doing one activity but are constantly physically active---too active .
The first part is me. Though i am far from Hyperactive'
Old August 25th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

All of the items listed in the title are distinct from each other and not the same. Every human being has a level of every one of them. Some might have one or more to a high level and be in need of medical treatment. ADHD is on the rise nowadays... but then it is understandable.

I personally have both OCD and ADHD. My OCD is definitely under control... it just is a muse nowadays. ADHD is also not that bad... can thoughtfully keep it under control. But when in front of utter bores, it tends to become worse.

Depression, stress and anxiety are usually related to each other... but these are usually corrected by various non-medical treatments. Depression for example. All you need is friends

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 6th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
it is not the same as obsessive compulsive disorder or depression .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Depression, stress and anxiety are usually related to each other...
Are you sure? Kyon ki hota kya hai maloom hai? For decades they do wrong diagnosis and then continue adamantly. Then if you point out the name of the actual conditon, I am sure they will say, "Both are same diseases" or other such things as described in my earlier post.
Old September 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

How long and how many more threads before you stop littering the forum ?
Please don't start multiple threads on similar topics.

And I wish and pray that you get out of these confusions soon and lead a healthy and normal life. Wish you the best.

No more conspiracy theories waala thread ?
Old September 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
ADHD is on the rise nowadays...
Are you sure ADHD is on rise? If a graph of number of ADHD cases is plotted against time, it is likely to be like a bell graph with the peak during the years 2000-2006. It is because the new technology/environmental factors caused this disease in some people but later generations developed resistance to it.
Old September 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf2 View Post
Are you sure ADHD is on rise? If a graph of number of ADHD cases is plotted against time, it is likely to be like a bell graph with the peak during the years 2000-2006. It is because the new technology/environmental factors caused this disease in some people but later generations developed resistance to it.
Look, a squirrel ....