eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old September 8th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Marriage should have an expiration date!

In the US, they say 'till death do us part'. Marriage is a life-long contract. But what if the Marital contract has a fixed time - say 5 years, followed in 10 year increments for extension. The marital contract automatically is voided unless the couple chooses to extend it. So there would be no reason to divorce. Laws on ownership and custody need to be changed along those lines.

It would have a significant impact on the way husbands and wives interact and engage with each other, in a positive way. People would not take each other for granted. They would treat each other with more respect. People would take better care of themselves, in case they are stuck without a spouse. People would be careful who they pick for a life partner.

Would it change your relationship and how you treat your significant other?

Old September 8th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marriage should have an expiration date!

I absolutely second this. Make it done... now!!!

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I absolutely second this. Make it done... now!!!
We need a petition.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
In the US, they say 'till death do us part'. Marriage is a life-long contract. But what if the Marital contract has a fixed time - say 5 years, followed in 10 year increments for extension. The marital contract automatically is voided unless the couple chooses to extend it. So there would be no reason to divorce. Laws on ownership and custody need to be changed along those lines.

It would have a significant impact on the way husbands and wives interact and engage with each other, in a positive way. People would not take each other for granted. They would treat each other with more respect. People would take better care of themselves, in case they are stuck without a spouse. People would be careful who they pick for a life partner.

Would it change your relationship and how you treat your significant other?
how about the other side of the view?
Old September 24th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

I agree fully, marriage should have a review every say 5 years but its tough.

shadi aysi chiz hai

jisme do log sath rehtey to hen
lekin ek dusrey ko rehney nai detey
our fir ek dusrey ko kahi ka rehney nai detey
Old September 24th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Junior eCharchan

goldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to behold

Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice that I can make to extend loving actions to somebody. Hobart Mowrer, a famous psychologist put it this way, “It’s easier to act your way into the correct way of feeling than to feel your way into the right course of action.” If I wait till I feel like doing something, there are going to be times that I wait an awful long time to do what I need to do. Instead, if I stick with my convictions and my commitment to Donalyn and say, “You know what? I love you and I’m going to show it by my actions,” it’s an incredible gift to a marriage. Love is something that has to be acted out – not just good intentions or warm feelings. Actions are really what count.

When we first started out in our relationship, we put a lot of work into getting our date. We do what we can to win them over, to charm and impress them. You remember, don’t you? You pursued each other; you did a lot of special romantic gestures, gave tons of attention and maintained incessant contact and communication. The goal? To woo and win them over. But after the wedding, life gets busy, priorities change and assumptions are made with work, the kids, and a ton of other pressures.

What happens to many of us at that point is we begin to take the relationship for granted. We often don’t spend as much time working on the relationship once we’re married. Then when the kids come – as great as they are – there’s even less discretionary time to spend together. Marriage is kind of relegated to third or fourth place beneath other priorities, and the relationship suffers. We lose the fun, the warmth and the romance between us and settle for a merely functional, co-existing, room-mate type status.

The easy thing to do would be to just let it slide and say, “Well that’s okay, we’re going to make it; we’ll reconnect after the kids move out.” Some might even take on the attitude, “Well I’m married. What do I need to do now? Of course I love you. I’ll tell you when it changes.” Sadly for too many reasons, many couples settle for far less than what marriage can and should be.

Without time there is no relationship. Every couple needs to set aside time each week to focus exclusively on one another. So, pull out your calendars, get each other into your schedules, and plan some time together. It’s not going to happen without intentional planning, because life has a way of filling any discretionary times with other important things. We need to make time for what’s really important and work everything else around it. The relationship is the reward. Focus on chunks of time alone with your spouse – without kids, without work, without distractions.

Sadly, with all the pressures we face, it’s so easy for couples to just bite at each other. We react in negative ways to our mate because of tensions in life even when some don’t have anything to do with them. In many marriages, harshness, impatience and anger have become the norm. But that’s no way to build a lasting friendship.

How you treat your spouse is incredibly critical. We learned about it as a kid in elementary school, way back in grade one likely. The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It’s a powerful principle. Before lashing out at your spouse, play the empathy game: “Would I like to be chewed out right now? Would I like to have someone be impatient with me right now?” Just keep swinging it around and ask yourself, “How would I like to be treated right now?” Even though she’s frustrated, even though he’s kind of late, or whatever – how would you want to be treated? That kind of perspective will make a huge difference.

“Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is not selfish. Love is not rude.” There is more but be clear. Love requires the proper treatment to our spouse. There should be no one on this earth that you treat better than the person you married. There needs to be a real sense that “I value you; I treasure you.” Instead of tearing one another down, we need to make a real effort to encourage one another daily. Find ways to tell your spouse they are special and significant. Become your spouse’s greatest fan.

Few tips for happy marriage.

Don’t be afraid to get creative!

Forgiveness is essential to any friendship – especially one as all-consuming as marriage.

Forgive one another completely and unconditionally, and to make the changes that are needed, there is no issue that cannot be overcome. You will never regret making an effort to improve your marriage relationship.

Be funny and laugh/joke around alwys making the atmosphere light and easy. (Stress free).

Last edited by goldensoul; September 24th, 2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old September 24th, 2015, 08:48 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Kallu Pai, i thought i put it here, but either i forgot to push the post button, or it got deleted. But, there is a concept of Short term marriage in ROP.
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Kallu Pai, i thought i put it here, but either i forgot to push the post button, or it got deleted. But, there is a concept of Short term marriage in ROP.
Told you this religion has everything... all aspects. One of the most scientific and sociological ones in the world

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Sign me up. Where can I get the form to convert?

Old September 24th, 2015, 11:48 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by riri View Post
how will they do circumcision online?
Old September 24th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Why get married in the first place then??
Old September 24th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Christians and Muslims both are sunni community, and most Hindus will never convert Mosleum on-line, someone will have to put a cutter on their throat for that, like Aurangzeb did. So the Ad was mainly for Christians and other religions, Hindus would be a hard prey.
I have taken a vrat to not click on links posted on this forum.

Old September 24th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensoul View Post
Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice that I can make to extend loving actions to somebody. Hobart Mowrer, a famous psychologist put it this way, “It’s easier to act your way into the correct way of feeling than to feel your way into the right course of action.” If I wait till I feel like doing something, there are going to be times that I wait an awful long time to do what I need to do. Instead, if I stick with my convictions and my commitment to Donalyn and say, “You know what? I love you and I’m going to show it by my actions,” it’s an incredible gift to a marriage. Love is something that has to be acted out – not just good intentions or warm feelings. Actions are really what count.

Be funny and laugh/joke around alwys making the atmosphere light and easy. (Stress free).
I read the first paragraph*..... and felt another track in it. And voila! I was right when I got to the end.

*This is all about wood. How long to wait for it, and who ought to help fetch it. "Actions are really what count." Ain't that a mouthful, eh ?

Many of the thoughts about trading-in-the-old-used-one and getting a new-different-one are also about wood. Life gets staid, with the same ol' same ol', and becomes a total funk. It is cold in winters, and nobody gets wood to warm themselves up. The only way these thoughts of letting a marriage lapse is by doing what counts : "Actions". Well... there is also pharmaceutical help...... vagaira (sic!) vagaira (sic!).
Old September 24th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
ROFL. .....
que tal amigo/a ? We thought you gave up on WTF*, and went away to fashion/design, and already said goodbye, hasta-la-vista, adieu, tata, aufweiderzehn, sayonara, Aloha and such.

*WTF = worldwide takeover of forums, a movie-script in the works.
Old September 24th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
I will leave sooner or later, as I am not a 'used to' kind of permanent member here, but reside and stay somewhere else, - R2I and fashion forums.

You are confusing with someone else for me. I am not that
" Around the world in 80 days " person. I stay in my own nation and @ "apoon ka iilaaka"
Movie was already out, a long ago by Jackie. No ?
I am not confusing you with anyone else. You behave like an Indian who went away to phoren and then come back all of a sudden, and compare everything you had seen and done in Edison, New Jersey to Ooncha, Gujarat. Sitting in des, and recalling how wonderful it used to be when you were in Edison. Not a thing that people of Ooncha can take for too long. You better scoot back, and live among the people that you like. And come back now and then, and report on how well you/they are all doing. After all, even hicks can take a diet of only hicks, for only so long.