eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old January 28th, 2016, 09:15 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mystery: Why Bengal abruptly stopped producing scientists in 1947-50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
He is not special but at least he is grounded. I recall they were introducing him on a MTV interview calling him a Bollywood Star. He corrected them saying you know, I know and everybody else that I'm no star, just a small time actor. I was like ..
We (colleague and I) were just strolling near Regal (Colaba) in 2002. We suddenly found a lot of crowd and saw it was the premiere of 'everybody says I am fine'. Caught Rahul Bose and s lot of other actors like Boman Irani.
BTW, he is/was also a Rugby player. Played for some club.
Old January 29th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Banned

werewolf2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Mystery: Why Bengal abruptly stopped producing scientists in 1947-50s?

Or could it be due to exodus of Anglo-Indian genes? Many Anglo-Indians left India in the wake of independence. I presume Bengal had a high populace of Anglo-Indians. Did the above mentioned so-called Bengali scientists have Anglo-Indian background? A certain Briton invented ATM but even Western sources mention him as Indian merely because he was born in India.
Old January 29th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Banned

Old January 29th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

The whole country has produced and created chhote-mote scientists, it's not like that, all the scientists were born there, only !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_scientists

C. V. Raman, Vikram sarabhai, Homi Bhabha, Abdul Kalaam, Ramanujan, amar gupta, and many others were not Bengali...
Old February 3rd, 2016, 09:27 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Yeah .. Nandita das. She is not on the top of my list, but she is a fine young lady.

I think I have a thing for bangali ladies.
I am quite repelled by these Bengali ladies.. most are pro-Pakistan .. in fact Pakistan cheerleaders all these 5-star social workers.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 10:25 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Nandita das had open-nip scenes in the movie Fire, and also in one hollywood movie ( In the rain? ) she had sex scenes, rest she is worth forgetting, to ugly to glance. Other one Nandana sen had also bare-breast scenes with nip exposures in " rang-rasiya" and besides that she also holds no importance for any acting part to have remembered...
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:44 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf2 View Post
Bengal used to give birth to great scientists. Examples: Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Nandita das had open-nip scenes in the movie Fire, and also in one hollywood movie ( In the rain? ) she had sex scenes, rest she is worth forgetting, to ugly to glance. Other one Nandana sen had also bare-breast scenes with nip exposures in " rang-rasiya" and besides that she also holds no importance for any acting part to have remembered...
From JC bose to scenes of Nandita and Nandana. All Bengal covered
Old February 12th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Banned

Arrow Re: Mystery: Why Bengal abruptly stopped producing scientists in 1947-50s?

Quote:
This is a mystery. Bengal used to give birth to great scientists. Examples: Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose . . . . .

Why haven't we heard of such talent since 1947?

Why Bengal abruptly stopped producing scientists in 1947-50s? Is there any politics involved? Are they (Bengal's geniuses) being killed? I think a massive search, hunt down and physical elimination campaign was started in 1950s/1960s.

Change in environment cannot be blamed. Probably what came into picture is actual intention to snuff out their lives before anyone noticed them.

Or could it be due to exodus of Anglo-Indian genes? Many Anglo-Indians left India in the wake of independence. I presume Bengal had a high populace of Anglo-Indians. Did the above mentioned so-called Bengali scientists have Anglo-Indian background? A certain Briton invented ATM but even Western sources mention him as Indian merely because he was born in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakau View Post
Imagine analogy:

Man symbolizes Russia. Woman symbolizes India. Accident symbolizes earthquake. Man (Russia) and woman (India) fall in love. They are all set to get married. Meaning: Citizens of Russia immigrate to India and converse. But if accident strikes the woman, the woman’s beauty may be marred. Meaning: If earthquake occurs in India, India may become less attractive to Russian tourists. Man may reject (not marry) the disfigured woman. Meaning: Russian tourists may not come to India due to earthquake. If it happens, the woman’s womb will be barren. Meaning: If it happens, Indian civilization may not develop further.

Did you know? West tried to disturb India-Russia relationship but failed. But earthquake can do what West failed to accomplish.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44559
Quote:
However Indians are anyday better than Japanese or Chinese managers. It appears that as you go from west to east the quality of managers and the mindset of the companies deteriorate!

https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-wor...ign-IT-company
Will connect the dots and explain later.

Last edited by werewolf2; February 14th, 2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old February 13th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Banned

Arrow Re: Mystery: Why Bengal abruptly stopped producing scientists in 1947-50s?

Regarding the claims of J C Bose being true inventor of radio:

When I first heard/read about this claim of Bose being true inventor of radio I took it at face value. But I am having second thoughts due to following considerations.
  • Those days there were fierce rivalries among Western nations. Remember Anglo-US independence war, American civil war, world wars etc. So could it be that Americans snatched the credit from an Italian and gave it to an Indian?
  • There are quite many instances of unabashed and shameless plagiarism by Bengalis. Bappi Lahiri is a shining example.
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Regarding the claims of J C Bose being true inventor of radio:

When I first heard/read about this claim of Bose being true inventor of radio I took it at face value. But I am having second thoughts due to following considerations.
  • Those days there were fierce rivalries among Western nations. Remember Anglo-US independence war, American civil war, world wars etc. So could it be that Americans snatched the credit from an Italian and gave it to an Indian?
  • There are quite many instances of unabashed and shameless plagiarism by Bengalis. Bappi Lahiri is a shining example.
You answer your original question. Before 1947, Bengalis were copying inventions. After 47, they started copying music.

Isi pe ho Kaye.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old February 20th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
From JC bose to scenes of Nandita and Nandana. All Bengal covered
Not yet. Bengal ka cuisine abhi tak discuss nahi kiya shayad.

Last edited by werewolf2; February 20th, 2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old February 21st, 2016, 08:12 PM
Junior eCharchan

Pakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not yet. Bengal ka cuisine abhi tak discuss nahi kiya shayad.
Ussey bhi jyaada zaroori. Infact the primary essential information:

Bengal's susceptibility to earthquakes and/or proximity to earthquake prone regions.
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is a mystery. Bengal used to give birth to great scientists. Examples: Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose . . . . .
My list got longer after reading about Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri.
Old March 10th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Banned

Last edited by werewolf2; March 10th, 2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old March 10th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Banned