eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Sex in Marriage

It is said that marriage is not only about having sex...it is much more then that...Its about love, care, companionship, affection, adjustment and much more...But still, sex plays a big role in a married life

My question is, what if husband is not capable of providing satisfying sex to his wife or if he is impotent, than do you think that his wife has right to get satisfaction from outside?

If yes.....why?

If no....why?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:41 AM
2gud's Avatar
2gud 2gud is offline
We change, values don't
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,040
2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Marriage is all about faith. If the woman is tricked into the marriage not knowing that the person she is marrying is impotent - then there is no meaning to such a marriage and I believe that she better divorce this person. Even if she has to be in the nuptial knot because of constraints - society, family, culture and what not, I think she has the right to get her desires satisfied, if she so desires.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Netra's Avatar
Netra Netra is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 6,661
Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by 2gud
Marriage is all about faith. If the woman is tricked into the marriage not knowing that the person she is marrying is impotent - then there is no meaning to such a marriage and I believe that she better divorce this person. Even if she has to be in the nuptial knot because of constraints - society, family, culture and what not, I think she has the right to get her desires satisfied, if she so desires.
But say if a man/woman who was "potent" in the beginning turns "impotent" due to some problem. Does the partner have the right to get his/her desires fulfilled?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:29 AM
2gud's Avatar
2gud 2gud is offline
We change, values don't
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,040
2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
But say if a man/woman who was "potent" in the beginning turns "impotent" due to some problem. Does the partner have the right to get his/her desires fulfilled?
Then I believe it is not just the right of a single person, it will then be a matter of understanding between the wife and husband. Just because a he/she is impotent / can't bear kids doesn't mean that his/her opinion doesn't matter in such matters. If there is a disagreement then they obviously won't want to remain married.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Netra's Avatar
Netra Netra is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 6,661
Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
I believe that it is for the person with the handicap to offer to divorce the partner or give him/her the liberty to get pleasure from outside. It will depend on the partner whether he/she will go out or not.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
I believe that it is for the person with the handicap to offer to divorce the partner or give him/her the liberty to get pleasure from outside. It will depend on the partner whether he/she will go out or not.
And u think other person shd accept the giving of divorce?

Agar aisa hai to wo vade kya hue....sukh dukh main sath nibhane ke? Jo har aadmi aur aurat shadi ke vaqt bolta hai?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Netra's Avatar
Netra Netra is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 6,661
Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Decent_Guy
And u think other person shd accept the giving of divorce?

Agar aisa hai to wo vade kya hue....sukh dukh main sath nibhane ke? Jo har aadmi aur aurat shadi ke vaqt bolta hai?
I am not saying that the other person should accept. But it is for the person with the handicap to offer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by 2gud
Marriage is all about faith. If the woman is tricked into the marriage not knowing that the person she is marrying is impotent - then there is no meaning to such a marriage and I believe that she better divorce this person. Even if she has to be in the nuptial knot because of constraints - society, family, culture and what not, I think she has the right to get her desires satisfied, if she so desires.
I agree with u that marriage is all about faith and if some woman is tricked in to marriage then she has right to divorce...

But what if a man has married a lady without his knowing that he is impotent then?

And if sex is so important then why do we say marriage is not only for sex?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
I am not saying that the other person should accept. But it is for the person with the handicap to offer.
Just think of mental state of that person who has lost so many things in his / her life...on top of it...wife / husband also desert him / her
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Netra's Avatar
Netra Netra is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 6,661
Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Decent_Guy
Just think of mental state of that person who has lost so many things in his / her life...on top of it...wife / husband also desert him / her
I am not saying that the wife/husband should desert him/her. But it is for him/her to propose it. Otherwise it is the attitude of "just because i can't have it, you shouldn't have it either".
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
I am not saying that the wife/husband should desert him/her. But it is for him/her to propose it. Otherwise it is the attitude of "just because i can't have it, you shouldn't have it either".
It means....for marriage...sex is important and if a person is not able to fulfill the need of other person....then he / she should give divorce to other?

If this is the case ...dont u think we r living in artificial world? what is the point in saying during marriage "sukh dukh main sath nibhayenge"...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
I am not saying that the wife/husband should desert him/her. But it is for him/her to propose it. Otherwise it is the attitude of "just because i can't have it, you shouldn't have it either".
There are so many things in life where two people are together even if they r in need of ...like Money, job, status etc....but no one thinks of divorcing other if there r issues...why only if a person is deprived of sex....he / she starts thinking in the direction of leaving...?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:13 AM
2gud's Avatar
2gud 2gud is offline
We change, values don't
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,040
2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Decent_Guy
I agree with u that marriage is all about faith and if some woman is tricked in to marriage then she has right to divorce...

But what if a man has married a lady without his knowing that he is impotent then?

And if sex is so important then why do we say marriage is not only for sex?
Sex is indeed important but I don't think it means that marriage is only for sex. There are so many happinesses big and small that people who marry find in their togetherness - cooking, eating together, going places and so many more.

Even a small thing like waking up and finding your better half besides you is such a reassuring feeling.

Finally it is a matter of what ones priorities are, but if you are forever denied an important thing like sex because of being married to such a person, then it may take the priority, why not?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Decent_Guy Decent_Guy is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by 2gud

Finally it is a matter of what ones priorities are, but if you are forever denied an important thing like sex because of being married to such a person, then it may take the priority, why not?
I think u r working on assumption that at the time of marriage it was a know fact that other person is impotent...

Lets take a example whehere Netra has commented...what if a person gets in to some kind of accident and becomes impotent?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Netra's Avatar
Netra Netra is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 6,661
Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Decent_Guy
There are so many things in life where two people are together even if they r in need of ...like Money, job, status etc....but no one thinks of divorcing other if there r issues...why only if a person is deprived of sex....he / she starts thinking in the direction of leaving...?
You're still not getting it. The partner is not thinking of leaving, but it is for the person with the handicap to make a proposal. It is for the partner to accept it or reject it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love Marriage .... Arranged Marriage clik Relationships 130 November 13th, 2003 01:01 AM
Love Marriage or Arrange Marriage which is more succesfull ? Mr_Nice Relationships 64 November 7th, 2003 02:38 AM
After Marriage baapji SoapBox 8 July 16th, 2002 09:50 AM
Q2) Marriage and sex echarcha Relationships 37 January 15th, 2002 02:13 PM
Sex before marriage!? SoapBox 4 September 1st, 2000 12:01 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.