eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old November 18th, 2003, 02:20 AM
eCharchan

Decent_Guy is on a distinguished road
Sex in Marriage

It is said that marriage is not only about having sex...it is much more then that...Its about love, care, companionship, affection, adjustment and much more...But still, sex plays a big role in a married life

My question is, what if husband is not capable of providing satisfying sex to his wife or if he is impotent, than do you think that his wife has right to get satisfaction from outside?

If yes.....why?

If no....why?
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:41 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Marriage is all about faith. If the woman is tricked into the marriage not knowing that the person she is marrying is impotent - then there is no meaning to such a marriage and I believe that she better divorce this person. Even if she has to be in the nuptial knot because of constraints - society, family, culture and what not, I think she has the right to get her desires satisfied, if she so desires.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by 2gud
Marriage is all about faith. If the woman is tricked into the marriage not knowing that the person she is marrying is impotent - then there is no meaning to such a marriage and I believe that she better divorce this person. Even if she has to be in the nuptial knot because of constraints - society, family, culture and what not, I think she has the right to get her desires satisfied, if she so desires.
But say if a man/woman who was "potent" in the beginning turns "impotent" due to some problem. Does the partner have the right to get his/her desires fulfilled?
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:29 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
But say if a man/woman who was "potent" in the beginning turns "impotent" due to some problem. Does the partner have the right to get his/her desires fulfilled?
Then I believe it is not just the right of a single person, it will then be a matter of understanding between the wife and husband. Just because a he/she is impotent / can't bear kids doesn't mean that his/her opinion doesn't matter in such matters. If there is a disagreement then they obviously won't want to remain married.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
I believe that it is for the person with the handicap to offer to divorce the partner or give him/her the liberty to get pleasure from outside. It will depend on the partner whether he/she will go out or not.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:48 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
I believe that it is for the person with the handicap to offer to divorce the partner or give him/her the liberty to get pleasure from outside. It will depend on the partner whether he/she will go out or not.
And u think other person shd accept the giving of divorce?

Agar aisa hai to wo vade kya hue....sukh dukh main sath nibhane ke? Jo har aadmi aur aurat shadi ke vaqt bolta hai?
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Decent_Guy
And u think other person shd accept the giving of divorce?

Agar aisa hai to wo vade kya hue....sukh dukh main sath nibhane ke? Jo har aadmi aur aurat shadi ke vaqt bolta hai?
I am not saying that the other person should accept. But it is for the person with the handicap to offer.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:52 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
I agree with u that marriage is all about faith and if some woman is tricked in to marriage then she has right to divorce...

But what if a man has married a lady without his knowing that he is impotent then?

And if sex is so important then why do we say marriage is not only for sex?
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:54 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
I am not saying that the other person should accept. But it is for the person with the handicap to offer.
Just think of mental state of that person who has lost so many things in his / her life...on top of it...wife / husband also desert him / her
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Just think of mental state of that person who has lost so many things in his / her life...on top of it...wife / husband also desert him / her
I am not saying that the wife/husband should desert him/her. But it is for him/her to propose it. Otherwise it is the attitude of "just because i can't have it, you shouldn't have it either".
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:08 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
I am not saying that the wife/husband should desert him/her. But it is for him/her to propose it. Otherwise it is the attitude of "just because i can't have it, you shouldn't have it either".
It means....for marriage...sex is important and if a person is not able to fulfill the need of other person....then he / she should give divorce to other?

If this is the case ...dont u think we r living in artificial world? what is the point in saying during marriage "sukh dukh main sath nibhayenge"...
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:12 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
There are so many things in life where two people are together even if they r in need of ...like Money, job, status etc....but no one thinks of divorcing other if there r issues...why only if a person is deprived of sex....he / she starts thinking in the direction of leaving...?
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:13 AM
We change, values don't

Quote:
I agree with u that marriage is all about faith and if some woman is tricked in to marriage then she has right to divorce...

But what if a man has married a lady without his knowing that he is impotent then?

And if sex is so important then why do we say marriage is not only for sex?
Sex is indeed important but I don't think it means that marriage is only for sex. There are so many happinesses big and small that people who marry find in their togetherness - cooking, eating together, going places and so many more.

Even a small thing like waking up and finding your better half besides you is such a reassuring feeling.

Finally it is a matter of what ones priorities are, but if you are forever denied an important thing like sex because of being married to such a person, then it may take the priority, why not?
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:19 AM
eCharchan

Quote:

Finally it is a matter of what ones priorities are, but if you are forever denied an important thing like sex because of being married to such a person, then it may take the priority, why not?
I think u r working on assumption that at the time of marriage it was a know fact that other person is impotent...

Lets take a example whehere Netra has commented...what if a person gets in to some kind of accident and becomes impotent?
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
There are so many things in life where two people are together even if they r in need of ...like Money, job, status etc....but no one thinks of divorcing other if there r issues...why only if a person is deprived of sex....he / she starts thinking in the direction of leaving...?
You're still not getting it. The partner is not thinking of leaving, but it is for the person with the handicap to make a proposal. It is for the partner to accept it or reject it.