eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Puzzles

Notices

Puzzles Oh those mind bending brain twisters!

Old July 28th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Junior eCharchan

Activation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these parts
Question Advanced techniques for solving tough Sudoku

Advanced techniques for solving tough Sudoku. You know some mathematical formula or something.

If anybody knows, please post it here. I Googled but all I found were the 'elimination methods' I had guessed by myself or techniques having at least a slight element of partial trial-and-error. Not techniques or tricks in real sense.
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
Old July 28th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advanced techniques for solving tough Sudoku

Here's the technique I use:

First make sure that numbers in each square is 1-9.
Then make sure that the number does not exist in vertical or horizontal row
Look at all options that possible. If there is one and only one number that fits the cell, then use it
Move to the next cell.

First finish the obvious ones
Then rinse and repeat. Few more ones will pop out
When you are grid locked, then focus on the square with least filled out cells and try to get them in.
If you have a full line completed in a square then look for numbers that are not there, but in other squares that can be filled in the subsequent row. That will narrow it down. Usually you can find one or two numbers this way.
Pick the square that has maximum vertical/horizontal numbers listed so you can reduce the number of options. Say you have 2 possible numbers, put one number in there mentally and follow the logic. Usually you will reach a dead end or everything will magically fall in place.
If you understood everything I said, you will have no problems solving even the hardest Sudoku in the history of man.

Old August 3rd, 2016, 08:51 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advanced techniques for solving tough Sudoku

Today, I saw a complex Sudoku puzzle. I used above technique to solve it.