eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old August 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Kerala floods: Rescue efforts step up as rains begin to ease

Kerala floods: Rescue efforts step up as rains begin to ease

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 19th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:46 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kerala floods: Rescue efforts step up as rains begin to ease

Nothing to do with echarcha.com..

I am posting this plea just as a volunteer of Sewa International..

Quote:
In this hour of need, Sewa urges everyone to donate generously.

1. Online:
www.sewausa.org/donate

Select “Kerala Floods” in the projects dropdown
Read more about Sewa International.

Visit their FB page for fundraiser
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:47 PM

Old August 19th, 2018, 08:14 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Nothing to do with echarcha.com..

I am posting this plea just as a volunteer of Sewa International..

Read more about Sewa International.

Visit their FB page for fundraiser
my diary says you did something similar for Uttarakhand floods also. Will check the sewa thing out.
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:54 AM

Why I wouldn’t give to Kerala CM fund ..

Old August 20th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I hear its really bad. I hope things get back to their normal very soon.
My friend's sister. her marriage is postponed for how long, we dont know. Because there are no safe roads leading in and out of the town. damn.
Old August 20th, 2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I hear its really bad. I hope things get back to their normal very soon.
People are saying it's because of messing with Aiyappa.. He has sent his wrath for disturbing the Sabarimala traditions.
Old August 20th, 2018, 06:38 AM

Old August 20th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People are saying it's because of messing with Aiyappa.. He has sent his wrath for disturbing the Sabarimala traditions.
lol
My understanding of the whole issues is slightly different. There is rain of course but then could this have been planned better? I wonder.
There is a disaster management team working on it. When you see the torrential rainfall, could they have not opened "some" gates of the dam sooner so that there is steady drainage of water instead of waiting till the last maximum limit and open 32 of the 45 gates? I am sure they knew what they were doing but I just cannot help but wonder.

I hear talks of illegal mining and illegal constructions near the water border causing landslides etc adding to the existing problem.

I also read about Cochin airport and how a particular creek had been realigned to make room for the runway. By doing so, the airport authorities ended up narrowing it. The airport basically took the floodplain. I wonder why. I mean, you know you narrowed a creek that's supposed to drain water. When the rain hits, the airport is struct too. How could this not have been predicted? I think they must have, considering there is dam that prevents the flood. But then the gates had to be opened as the water level reached its capacity.

This periyar river issue has been going on for several decades now. If anyone needs history on this...ask away.

Doesnt matter what it is, the loss of human life is extremely saddening, especially if there was anyway to foresee and prevent that from happening.
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:04 AM

^^ All are wonders of commie rule for decades, I'm not saying other places are much better but why do Kerala students all study outside the state? why the state is not developing as much as other coastal states? why no industry wants to set foot in Kerala?
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:58 AM

Old August 20th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Ashitakaki tai, you are missing this completely. Please look at the weather-map above... it clearly indicates that the rains targeted Kerala only. Why Yes, there are other pockets too, but not an entire-state. So you got to dig deeper. And my theory, which will factually hold too, is that this was caused by love-jihaad. The entire state was besmirched with this disease and the gods did their best to eradicate it. Now we just have to wait and watch... for the results.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:03 AM

Old August 21st, 2018, 09:30 AM

Tharoor was visiting for Kofi Annan death.. and said I don't need to be there for Kerala flood situation.. later twisted his statement and said I'm pulling string in UN to get funds for Kerala floods.
Old August 21st, 2018, 10:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Long time back, it was also said that the Orissa Supercyclone happened because one Missionary Graham Staines was set on fire (in Orissa).

BTW, one guy i know ended up in Umrika soon after he did Ayappa Diksha (40 days with some restrictions like no smoking, drinking, etc. and wearing a black dress). I was checking with his manager if someone else would be better, but he trumped that guy.