eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd, 2017, 06:35 AM
Banned

Amogh is on a distinguished road
Question Human mind probably plays fascinating games.

Human mind probably plays fascinating games.

I had some experience. But you may not get it because it could be lost in articulation/bad articulation.

It was circa 2008. I was taking abnormally long time to complete graduation. My marks percentage was bad. It was doubtful whether I would get a job with such poor academic record. Even if I got a job it was challenging to perform and cling to the job. I had some chronic neurological problems. The mental health was some long standing issue because it interfered with my education and livelihood. I was very worried. The future looked hopeless.

It was then that I began to notice that I had developed a sense of dread for afternoons – the period between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Wherever I saw that afternoon period, be it real life, be it television, or be it newspaper/magazine advertisements, I would feel a painful mental discomfort. I don't remember feeling that way about afternoons ever before in my life.

I don't know the fact but I like to theorize that my unconscious/subconscious mind had come to symbolize the mornings as my childhood, the happy period, afternoons as the period when I had to make my living, anticipated to be a difficult time and evenings as the time of that age when it would all end.

If my memory serves me right, I hazily remember reading of a case of subconscious/unconscious symbolization. In one Western self-improvement book, the author describes how he had counseled a lady patient who was terribly afraid of insects in her bed. She was paranoid about insects and would thoroughly check her mattress covers before going to sleep. After investigation it transpired that in childhood someone would sexually abuse her and the insects symbolized that abuse.

Last edited by Amogh; January 3rd, 2017 at 07:17 AM.