eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old February 24th, 2018, 08:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One more reason to not use Facebook

I had kept my Kauva Facebook free so far. Access FB using safari. Messenger does not work on that. But today i had to check something with the Bachcha log's Martial arts teacher who uses only FB messenger. So, with a heavy heart i installed FB and FB messenger.

Now, i kept the notifications as off for this. But the app keeps popping up the button to allow notifications.
Old February 24th, 2018, 09:46 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I only use and installed the FB messenger app.. it has some cool face masks for video chatting.. my 5 yr old son has a whale of a time when we video chat with the masks.

FB app takes up too much space.
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Some Facebook users' live chat messages and pending friend requests were briefly visible to their contacts this week, as the result of a bug in the massive social network's "Preview My Profile" feature. "For a limited period of time, a bug permitted some users' chat messages and pending friend requests to be made visible to their friends by manipulating the 'preview my profile' feature of Facebook privacy settings,"

Facebook confirmed the contents of a video posted to TechCrunch Europe on Wednesday that demonstrated the flaw, and has temporarily disabled its live chat software, but denied that it was a large-scale security problem.

What exactly happened in the video? Facebook's privacy settings offer a feature called "Preview My Profile," which lets you type in the name of someone on your friends list and then see how that person sees your profile in accordance with your privacy settings. But it appears that somehow "Preview My Profile" actually gave the user in question a glimpse from inside the other user's profile, and so it displayed live Facebook Chat conversations and replaced the original user's list of pending friend requests with the user whose "view" was being previewed.

Link for further read ...
Who is this in your DP?
Old July 26th, 2018, 06:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about FB.. their Q2 results were down and the stock suffered.

Facebook stock drops more than 20% after warning that revenue growth will take a hit

Facebook FB, -21.47% stock dropped about 7% immediately after the earnings report was released, then plummeted to a loss of more than 20% as a conference call with analysts progressed. Close to 34 million shares changed hands in the extended session, well above the average volume of 17 million shares for a regular trading session over the past month

s Facebook stock plummeted after hours, it also brought social-media rivals Twitter Inc. TWTR, -2.99% and Snapchat parent company Snap Inc. SNAP, -2.99% to the party, sending both stocks down by single-digit percentages.