eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old January 31st, 2016, 10:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future
Re: Why we dont like gultis ?

Gultis are addicted to biriyani. I get many works done just offer spicy biriyani. 2 biriyani cost $16.00 + $4.00 for coke, all my heavy furniture moved in 2 hours. When I join job they say learn telgu and you don't need learn any C or java. But I learn you just offer biriyani and put up with telgu for few hours, any problem they fix it,google it or call amirpet.

Last edited by punkaj; January 31st, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old February 29th, 2016, 12:45 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Praying at the 'visa' temple in Hyderabad

CNN's Alexandra Field heads to a 500-year old temple in Hyderabad known as a "visa" temple where people go to pray and seek divine intervention.

watch the video on CNN.
Old February 29th, 2016, 05:32 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Praying at the 'visa' temple in Hyderabad

CNN's Alexandra Field heads to a 500-year old temple in Hyderabad known as a "visa" temple where people go to pray and seek divine intervention.

watch the video on CNN.
a few exchanges I had on twitter about this.. what's your take on the 'VISA' temple?

Old February 29th, 2016, 08:33 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Aspiration is for monetary progress which comes with USD which come with a Job in Umrika which in turn comes with a US visa. :rofl:

This reminds me of a Daru discussion about a lady who left her toddler son in India for an onsite opp.

Other guy - why is she doing this.
Me - Dollaran Milte Dollaran
( it is a line from 'Angrez')
Old March 1st, 2016, 07:05 AM
Banned

werewolf2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Why we dont like gultis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Work in Kolkata in a sea of Bengali Babus and you may start liking everyone else including gults.
I second that. By browsing media, internet etc I am in awe of their scientists. But the Bengalis I have met in real life were not lovable. I have seen and interacted with quite a few Bengalis. Majority of them are arrogant. Do you agree? But there has been one or two exception. One Bengali schoolmate of mine was simply awesome. I assume the relative awesomeness of people remain same when they grow into adult.

I found Maharashtrians to be friendly and soft-natured.
Old June 15th, 2018, 04:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Literally WTF

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/indi...t-1779259.html

A Telugu businessman-turned-film producer and his wife were arrested in Chicago on charges of running a sex racket by exploiting upcoming actresses.

According to a Hindustan Times report, though 34-year-old Modugumudi Kishan and his 31-year-old wife Chandra were arrested in the last week of April, the case came to light on Wednesday when local media reported that the federal police had filed a 42-page charge sheet in a district court in Chicago.

The couple reportedly ran a high-end prostitution ring by luring actresses from the Telugu film industry, which is popularly known as Tollywood, to the US and advertising them for sex at Indian conferences and cultural events across the country.

The couple allegedly charged clients up to $3,000 per sexual encounter.

Kishan, an NRI businessman who rose to become a top producer in Tollywood and has co-produced several hit films, allegedly threatened one of the actresses and her family if she told law enforcement agencies about what she did in the US.

A Times of India report said during the raids on February 16, 2018, based on a federal search warrant at the couple’s residence in Chicago, law enforcement recovered 70 condoms, divided into multiple ziplock bags, a fraudulent US lawful permanent resident card and security card in the name of Kishan.

Federal agents also discovered ledgers that Kishan’s wife allegedly kept of the sexual acts performed by each girl.

The police discovered text messages from Chandra’s phone in which she was haggling with clients over which girls were available and their prices.
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:05 AM

I heard about a month back some gults (NRI TDP supporters) were trying to verbally and physically attack BJP MP GVL Narsimha Rao traveling to US for meeting NRIs. They were held captive by the cops until the meeting was over.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 15th, 2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old June 15th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Why we dont like gultis ?

Quote:
Literally WTF

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/indi...t-1779259.html

A Telugu businessman-turned-film producer and his wife were arrested in Chicago on charges of running a sex racket by exploiting upcoming actresses.

According to a Hindustan Times report, though 34-year-old Modugumudi Kishan and his 31-year-old wife Chandra were arrested in the last week of April, the case came to light on Wednesday when local media reported that the federal police had filed a 42-page charge sheet in a district court in Chicago.

The couple reportedly ran a high-end prostitution ring by luring actresses from the Telugu film industry, which is popularly known as Tollywood, to the US and advertising them for sex at Indian conferences and cultural events across the country.

The couple allegedly charged clients up to $3,000 per sexual encounter.

Kishan, an NRI businessman who rose to become a top producer in Tollywood and has co-produced several hit films, allegedly threatened one of the actresses and her family if she told law enforcement agencies about what she did in the US.

A Times of India report said during the raids on February 16, 2018, based on a federal search warrant at the couple’s residence in Chicago, law enforcement recovered 70 condoms, divided into multiple ziplock bags, a fraudulent US lawful permanent resident card and security card in the name of Kishan.

Federal agents also discovered ledgers that Kishan’s wife allegedly kept of the sexual acts performed by each girl.

The police discovered text messages from Chandra’s phone in which she was haggling with clients over which girls were available and their prices.
Search our archives or Google for Balireddy Lakireddy! This guy was running a prostitution racket right out of Berkeley. He was owner of the popular Indian restaurants called Swagat. He used to get people here on fake visas - the visas were legitimate but the information provided to get the visas was fake.

He was caught because two young girls died of carbon monoxide poisoning. He owned a set of apartments in Berkeley. He had 'imported' a family of four from India - Husband Wife and their 2 young daughters. None were actually related. He had kept them in the apartments. Somehow, the carbon monoxide got accumulated in one of th apartments and the poor 2 girls died.

That's when everything came out.
Old June 15th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Why we dont like gultis ?

Quote:
This is how it was all busted!
LINK
Old June 16th, 2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
This is how it was all busted!
LINK
The text exchange is really amusing. I wanted to post that image but Toilet wants me to download it's app for that. One customer is crying that he is not rich and cannot afford the price. Why is he into this then? And a typically gult usage 'effort' instead of afford.