eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old November 30th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by charminar
In South India all four states, TamilNadu,Andhra,Karnataka and Kerala are devloping states.Tell me a state in north which is devloping like the ones in south india?
Well if you call those states developing then Maharashtra is a developed state. In AP except Hyderabad what else? They overdo their software thingee. Come to think of it is far behind Bangalore and even behind Noida and Gurgaon. Tamil Nadu..where people from outside the state find it dangerous to settle down? Bangalore man it has only 30% kannadiga population everyone from everywhere has contributed towards it's growth. FYI even Gujarat is doing very well and for all that matters it is way ahead of Andhra for sure!
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Andhra follows after 1)Karnataka2)TN3)Maharashtra

STPI posts 26% growth in software exports at Rs 37,176 cr

NEW DELHI: Software Technology Park of India units have posted a 26 per cent growth in software exports in 2002-03 at Rs 37,176 crore compared to Rs 29,523 crore in 2001-02.

STPI units have recorded software exports of over Rs 37,176 crore in 2002-03, this is nearly 80 per cent of the country's total software exports, an official statement said here today, adding this growth represents a 26 per cent rise over the 2001-02 software exports revenue which stood at Rs 29,523 crore.
Karnataka led the march with a software export revenue of Rs 12,350 crore during 2002-03, posting a growth rate of 25 per cent.

Tamil Nadu followed with an export of Rs 6305 crore, posting a growth rate of 26 per cent and Maharashtra Rs 5508 crore, a growth rate of 20 per cent. Andhra Pradesh posted software export revenue of Rs 3638 crore (30 per cent growth rate) during the period.

Haryana exported software worth Rs 2734 crore and Uttar Pradesh touched Rs 2541 crore in 2002-03. The growth rates of both the states were 28 and 27 per cent respectively.
Delhi touched Rs 2065 crore in software exports with a growth rate of 18 per cent and West Bengal posted the highest growth rate of 99 per cent at Rs 1200 crore.

While Kerala posted a growth rate of four per cent at Rs 165 crore, Orissa had a growth rate of 22 per cent at Rs 260 crore. Other states registered a total software export of about Rs 410 crore.

More than 7400 units are registered with STPI of which 3544 units exported software in 2002-03.

http://www.stpmum.soft.net/newsreports03060301.html

Last edited by viking; November 30th, 2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Ass Kicker

From the above article even Haryana nd UP are doing better than Kerala(100% literate state) FYI

And about Maharashtra the state does not just boast about software but also ports,Car Manufacturing, Heavy industries and Electrical/electronic engineering. And it does not depend only on one city it has several like Thane, Mumbai,Pune,Nashik,Aurangabad etc etc. Even in agriculture Maharashtra is far ahead.

So lets clear this misconception that only south is developing right away. Thanks.

Last edited by viking; November 30th, 2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute
On an average u have got same percentage of pricks from every other state in INDIA in USA. Since AP guys are more in USA compared to any other state people one does observe more of telugu guys as pricks.
BTW i have seen marathi guys(when they are in a group)behaving worse than any telugu guy i have ever seen in USA
-babu
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Ass Kicker

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
On an average u have got same percentage of pricks from every other state in INDIA in USA. Since AP guys are more in USA compared to any other state people one does observe more of telugu guys as pricks.
BTW i have seen marathi guys(when they are in a group)behaving worse than any telugu guy i have ever seen in USA
-babu
Well at least I have not seen Marathi guys shopping at Albertson's or Safeway with bathroom slippers on.

But I do admire they way the Gult's cook up their resume. I also know of a lot of Gultis who had married only so that they get a few lakhs as dowry and then with the help of another Gulti who has a body shopping unit in the USA 'manage' a H1 visa and then stay on jobless for months on end shifting from one friends appt to another. Needless to say that they leave their wives back home in Hyderabad, Guntoor..wherever for years together.

One guy I knew was a hawaldar(constable) in Hyderabad police, he married a girl extracted some dowry and with his connections in the Osmania univ 'managed' a degree and then where else..landed straight in the lap of the USA. The buggar has been sacked several times from many workplaces(for obvious reasons). But he still hangs on to good hope of getting a good job. The last idea I gave him was to start with learning English first!

Many of these guys have 2-3 resumes ready one for PeopleSoft, One for SAP(ABAP) and one for QA.

Last edited by viking; December 1st, 2004 at 03:26 AM.
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Ass Kicker

Talking

I have stayed and worked in many parts of India, I also had the misfortune of staying in Hyderabad for a year. Let me tell you one incident maybe that could help you guage the Gulti psyche.

I used get air pressure in my car tyres checked at petrol bunks, in Hyderabad everywhere they used to 'demand' money, on the contrary in Maharashtra the guys need to be offered money after they do their job. Same is the case with restaurant waiters if you eat at joints such as 'Bawarchee'(Naraynguda cross roads) or 'Paradise' they simply dont return you five rupees as they just deduct the tip from your bill expenses without your permission, thereby denying you the pleasure of giving a tip. None of this shit ever happens in Maharashtra.

Last edited by viking; December 1st, 2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:39 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by viking
In AP except Hyderabad what else? They overdo their software thingee.
What the fok u know about Ap other than Hyderabad ?
******* ..there is Vijaywada and Vizag which makes 10 time more business than Hyd.

now go .. eat some fokked up vada pav with added flavour of flies from the gutters of mumbai and shout ..Jai Maharashtra ..untill u digest it
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I also had the misfortune of staying in Hyderabad for a year. Let me tell you one incident maybe that could help you guage the Gulti psyche.
u mumbaikars are used to live like rats in those slums of mumbai and u talk about living in hyd ? dont make fool of ur self.
i think u suddenly got confused of so much space and comfort in hyd ..after so much of shitty living in mumbai local trains and over crowded mumbai slums.
gulti psyche...??

u go check the paan stains on your local trains/buses/office/apartment buildings.. . and i know an average maharashtrian psyche ?

sala ..mercedez benz chalatha hain aur ..Pan pAraag thookta hain . u do that in US too ? man ..u north indians are weird
now i know why Manikchand sponsors every event in mumbai

chewtiya.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:17 AM
The Great Dictator

kingfisher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Indian
u mumbaikars are used to live like rats in those slums of mumbai and u talk about living in hyd ? dont make fool of ur self.
i think u suddenly got confused of so much space and comfort in hyd ..after so much of shitty living in mumbai local trains and over crowded mumbai slums.
gulti psyche...??

u go check the paan stains on your local trains/buses/office/apartment buildings.. . and i know an average maharashtrian psyche ?

sala ..mercedez benz chalatha hain aur ..Pan pAraag thookta hain . u do that in US too ? man ..u north indians are weird
now i know why Manikchand sponsors every event in mumbai

chewtiya.
Mr. Indian
Please be careful about you remarks I also come from Maharashtra and I respect all other human beings irrespective of their places of origin,sex,caste etc.
You have been abusing all the Maharashtrians thru ur comments, whereas it seems that you are having disagreements with a few people here.

Learn to respect other communities and be careful with ur remarks about others and dont abuse other communities .:
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
The Great Dictator

kingfisher is on a distinguished road
BTW,

I have never understood this classification between Southern and Northern India. So which states qualify as southern? all those which are in line or below with the top most border of Andhra ? In that case where does Maharshtra belong South/North ??
I mean the Southern Maharashtra is to the South of a sizeable part of Andhra and some part of karnataka and the Northern Maharashtra is close to MP and Gujarat.
Heres a political map of India for ref.
http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/indi...itical-map.htm

So who are we ???? Now we have a serious identity crisis

I guess we are a bridge between the So called "North" and "South" India.

You see we Maharshtrians are true Indians, you can always count on us for national integration
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Indian
What the fok u know about Ap other than Hyderabad ?
******* ..there is Vijaywada and Vizag which makes 10 time more business than Hyd.

now go .. eat some fokked up vada pav with added flavour of flies from the gutters of mumbai and shout ..Jai Maharashtra ..untill u digest it
Then why did chandra babu loose elections ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:55 AM
Indian eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by kingfisher
Mr. Indian
Please be careful about you remarks You have been abusing all the Maharashtrians thru ur comments,
Mr.kingfisher

are u the same guy who owns kingfisher beer ?
kingfisher beer owned by a maharashtrian ?
man ..i like that beer. Since kingfisher is a marathi beer ..we gultis ban it. from today onwards only Royal Challenge.still.. Have to check the made in maharsthra label.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
Junior eCharchan

charminar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I have stayed and worked in many parts of India, I also had the misfortune of staying in Hyderabad for a year. Let me tell you one incident maybe that could help you guage the Gulti psyche.

Its good that you left our city.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
Indian eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty
Then why did chandra babu loose elections ?
he is a pakistani . al gultis are pakistanis
you have to post this question to Musharraf sahib.

Naidu lives in Lahore
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:04 AM
Junior eCharchan

charminar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
None of this shit ever happens in Maharashtra.
We all know numerous incidents happend in Mumbai where people are left to die on road after accidents and no one comes forward,Everybody looks at him then follows his own way.

There are numerous incidents of rape happening in local trains in front of other people but none of them comes forward to help the victim.Is this what you are proud of?