eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

View Poll Results: If you see a squirrel in the middle of the road
Stop the car if safe 18 51.43%
Slow down and warn others via brake lights 7 20.00%
Keep going 7 20.00%
Speed up and try to runover it 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 27th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you see a squirrel in the middle of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
lemme guess...ur thread is inspired by one of Seinfeld's episode where George Costanza runs over a squirrel and then pays heavily coz his gf makes him take it to a vet and he has to shell out thousands...
No it is not... but I love that episode of Seinfeld... in fact, all of them. But when I created this thread, that Seinfeld did not cross my mind... good or bad, you decide

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:17 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
No it is not... but I love that episode of Seinfeld... in fact, all of them. But when I created this thread, that Seinfeld did not cross my mind... good or bad, you decide
anyways, i thought so coz i saw that one on DVD y'day...
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
anyways, i thought so coz i saw that one on DVD y'day...
... but one thing is there, I have always identified myself with George... he is the perfect sample for a normal human being

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... but one thing is there, I have always identified myself with George... he is the perfect sample for a normal human being
yeah right......now i understand ur nickname on eCharcha....
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

there wer these bunch of dogs chasing a weak dog. U see how fast they run when chased . So they are chasing down the side of the road. And just when they were abt to pass me, the firstone crossed the road just in fron to of my car. I braked, it slowed enough to miss the hunted, but not enough for the chasee. hit him , completely ran over him. I cud hear his howling under the car. He wasnt hurt that bad coz he limped away. But I was really shocked..

And the there was this other time when I was waiting for the bus, and a dog was crossing the road , when a maruti 800 hit him at nearly 80km/hr. I heard this loud thud when it hit the dog, then it went rolling under the car, and it kept on rolling and thats it . it never moved. and the car never stopped..
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks
...And the there was this other time when I was waiting for the bus, and a dog was crossing the road , when a maruti 800 hit him at nearly 80km/hr. I heard this loud thud when it hit the dog, then it went rolling under the car, and it kept on rolling and thats it . it never moved. and the car never stopped..
sad

short message ki aur us maruti wala ki tho

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
sad

short message ki aur us maruti wala ki tho

Your new shirt looks like " Aadhi Maruti with Pallu flying high up in the sky " Whatever Avatar you pick always shows hyperactivity.......Vaise kafee time huva I see no change in Pants ?

Take it as compliment please....
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
Your new shirt looks like " Aadhi Maruti with Pallu flying high up in the sky " Whatever Avatar you pick always shows hyperactivity.......Vaise kafee time huva I see no change in Pants ?

Take it as compliment please....
Compliments accepted... though I will say that I do not understand clearly what you are trying to say. Ek hi para mein pallu, shirt aur hyperactive pants

btw, pants tho I do not change, just once a year. Ek hi ko gis gis kar pahenta hu how come you noticed it

Old February 27th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Though it sounds harsh, the reality is that I would first look out for my safety. Though drivers are supposed to keep a safe distance, the chances of being rear-ended by a driver are more. Yes, the insurance will pay for damages , etc. but what if the accident causes bodily injury? What if this affects me for many days or damages some body part/function permanently.

Sorry squirrel. I cannot risk my life for yours!

If, on the other hand, no one is behind my car, I will slow down and try to avoid it, but first instinct will be - am I safe?
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: If you see a squirrel in the middle of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707
two pats on the back for cool pai. way to go

i had deer freely roaming around in my vicinity and no matter how careful i was, i did end up knocking over one that just appeared out of nowhere once. that memory still gives me nightmares... poor little thing got up and trotted off (didn't seem like it was hurt, the way it walked off.. maybe i was driving like a bullock cart but i was so upset i couldn't sleep after that )

ugh, i'm going to see some lighter thread after this, b/c i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight after remembering this incident again
be happy you are alive and safe and knocking that stupid deer did not cause any major accident. Be happy there was no 16 wheeler behind you who would have ploughed into your car.

Apna simple hain - The road is made by man for man. Animals ka kya kaam hain?? If safe, slow down, save the animal, take it to nearest shelter, tell all friends, get a medal from some Green party or some wildlife and environmentalist groups, get your photo in local environmental group newsletter.

If not safe and still you stop - get on a stretcher (or a gurney, depending how unsafe it was to stop suddenly) and get to the hospital (or morgue) and then get your photo in paper
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
This is really a daily issue for me. Getting out on road two times daily for daughters school and that too driving on lots of wooded area I need to really watch for those brisky squirrels. Sometimes they are so silly that they nicely stand in the middle of road and keep eating their nut or instead of crossing quickly they just keep thinking. My route is quiet one so I do slowly stop the car and let squirrels take their own time to get away from road. But this is not possible all the time sometime they just appear from no where and that calls for sudden breaking the car ( lucky me that so far no single crash) If any such crash happens and I kill the squirrel it will be very hard for me...so I am always extra extra careful while I drive...... Ratio of squirrels getting killed is very high, unfortunately I have to see at least one or two dead squirrels every day. I even don't pass my car over dead squirrel, I see that my car tire don't touch poor dead soul. They are simply too wonderfull to drive over.......
What the hell is special about a squirrel? Its also a rodent from the rat family.. just that it has a bushy tail...

I mean I am not for killing squirrels.. but the way folks are going at it like - oh poor squirrel.. fuck .. I have seen accidents here on the way to Lake Tahoe where some mofo moron slowed down to save a stupid deer or some such wild animal and has caused big rigs to overturn spilling chemicals and all kinds of accidents..

I love animals as long as they dont bloody encroach human space. God made us smart, made squirelles dumb. Tough!

Call me what you want - Man is smart and has captured the earth. So all other living beings come AFTER man. Period. Safety of man first. Animals second.

I would love to squash all those idiots who slow down for squirrels and dogs and what not and cause an accident where others get hurt. Those who wish to risk their lives for sake of animals are welcome to kill themselves, but dont kill others.

Once on the way to Lake Tahoe, some baaas$tard swerved so badly and almost came into our lane just to save some stupid rabbit or some such wild animal.. I was saved.. I had to swerve real hard and avoid hitting the side guarding wall. Fuck.. I would have hurt myself and my car over that bloody animal loving pig fucker moron!..

Since then my view has changed.. First MY life is more important.

I wish to change my answer up above - the more I think of it.. Yeah.. Roadkill!!
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Compliments accepted... though I will say that I do not understand clearly what you are trying to say. Ek hi para mein pallu, shirt aur hyperactive pants

btw, pants tho I do not change, just once a year. Ek hi ko gis gis kar pahenta hu how come you noticed it
Appreciate that you accepted it as compliments.... How come you didnot understand ? I referred Shirt as Avatar and your signature as Pants. I have observed that you keep on changing your signature very often but the current one stayed for quite a time and when did I say you have hyperactive pants,your Avatars reflect hyperactivity(cause they have action in it) not Pants...............Abhi samaz mein aaya?
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Appreciate that you accepted it as compliments.... How come you didnot understand ? I referred Shirt as Avatar and your signature as Pants. I have observed that you keep on changing your signature very often but the current one stayed for quite a time and when did I say you have hyperactive pants,your Avatars reflect hyperactivity(cause they have action in it) not Pants...............Abhi samaz mein aaya?
understand fully yeh shirt pant ka funda Thank you...

Pant I remove/change when I come across something interesting or mind-boggling or just plain cute Kuch time se koi mila nahi.

Cha pai, Tumhara 3 post, mera ek bhi response nahi... bahut nainsaafi hai ye... give me some time... need to give you a dhaansu reply

Old February 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Cancer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
understand fully yeh shirt pant ka funda
HAHAHA shirt pant and squirrel
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer

HAHAHA shirt pant and squirrel
Yeh kya Dada Kondke ka double meaning phrase hai ?