eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lousy Desis at workplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
OK before you all crucify yourself or get horribly knotted..

Lets have some idiocies and the reasons behind them.

Desi folks like to talk in the language of their choice when at work or at a restaurant among themself.. no biggie. It is irritating to the gora but what I do in my personal space is my personal wish. I am not there to fulfill a gora's lust to understand me or my culture when I am off work/topic of work. I have never seen a desi discussing work topics (except if it were a problem he were facing) with another desi in desi lingo. Horribly accented english that sounds out of bizzaro land YES.. otherwise no.

Also, desis being so away from land and homesick (ok ok by chioce) do feel at home when they talk to their collegues in their chosen tongue.

What irks me more is desis pretending to be goras/goris.. won't talk in hindi or indian languages and insist only on speakin g to english even to their dogs.. oh.. baby.. not hear.. go out and play.. even the dog must think dumb ass!!

Why would talk in a hushed tone and still risk being heard by someone or worse, not being heard correctly by the person being spoken to when he has a perfectly good language to express himself herself in loud and clear and still be "unheard" by anyone other than the intended audience.. Irritating? Perhaps foolish no.

eating veggie well I have yet to come across anyone who objects to me eating whatever I feel like eating. If they have a problem, please change the table. i will eat what I feel like.. drink what I fancy and smoke what ever is legal and allowed and if anyone has any problem they ought to find a different place. Of course if I am the guest, If I choose to attend a party, it is the hosts rules I follow not the other way round (and I differ in this aspect with smelly perhaps).

But idiocies are thousands everywhere.. Arabs will have some jews would not eat anything NOT kosher.. How irritating it is for a jewish gora to be with you.. dunking and drinking all kinds of silly potent liquor and when you present him with a chicken wing or a potato fritter exclaim.. is it kosher? What the fukk is kosher anyway.. you are killing the animal.. how much it suffered or how its neck was slashed matters? Not to me.. to the animal may be but it is not there to complain.

I have other idiocies of desis but I only laugh at those as I would at an innocent child. THey do not know.. simple.. INdian life is simple life in india we live for ourself.. in phoren you live and dress or undress for others.. me I say fukk you.

Yes I have problem with these kinds of idiots..

Ohh we don't eat onions or garlic.. damn.. half of my recipies are out of the window already.. dal rice or curd rice for you. Thank you.

Oooooh man.....

Have brought up this in some thread in the past.

Trust me, I have rakhkhaa my pair on someone's poonch on this issue.

I have all these kind of fukkin ppl in my inlaws side of family.

One of my SIL and her husband insists on talking to their kids in english because they think otherwise they will grow inferior.
And my BIL thinks none of his relative should eat meat. Well.....he can eat shit. He tries to impose and have at some extent to our other family members, But when he tried to tell me to not give chicken to my elder one (when she was 2 yrs), I gave him my piece of mind. That day and that moment, he don't even think about saying a word in my style of living.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
O
Desi folks like to talk in the language of their choice when at work or at a restaurant among themself.. no biggie. It is irritating to the gora but what I do in my personal space is my personal wish.
It was more than that. Talking in one's language is OK as long as all the intended audience understands it. But why converse at double the normal volume such that the sounds come out of the meeting room and are an earsore to all others.
Old December 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

These mofo gults are so despo man.. this gult ex-consultancy owner is my colleague, buggers a millionaire man.. he's got 2 bmws, half million dollar home.. but their cheapness and makkari never ends.. he's trying to get his wife a job in the company and the bitch dont have 1 day of work experience.. he's fudged her resume' with 5 years of experience.. how do such buggers sleep at night.
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Ha..what is wrnt with earning more? You don't have it could not oo it means he should give it out as charity and become a struggler like you? Hell no. God speed him. Let him send his wie's resume here I will gas it up even more if it helps her make more money.

Resume fudging.. eh? Honestly tell how many are not gulity of this? Resume is ADVERTISEMENT. If she can do the job offered to her to the satisfaction of her employer what is your problem? Remember it is USA. Your performace matters. Perform or perish is the mantra. You fudge your resume and earn your 3 bmws and 14 million home yourself.. who the fukk is stopping you? Being jealous or just angoor khatte hain will not help.

It is survival of the fittest.. just because you want to wear the satyavadi harsishchandra chola does not mean others have to follow. It only means you know what to do but are chicken to do it yourself.

Whether she has 1 day or 1 hour or one minute experience is largely immaterial here. If she has the talent to pull off the job by hook or crook by taking help or working and readng up manuals.. who cares.. the reason she was given the job was to do something needed by the employer at a acceptable cost to the employer as long as that parameter is met.. you cannot call her a square peg in a round hole.. that is that as far as what mater IMHO.

You are no body to cry foul unless YOU are the employer and there is coerchion that you cannot let her go. Remember kisi aur ki taraf ungli uthaaoge tab tumhaari hi teen ungliyaan tumhare taraf ishaaraa kar rahi hai.. before you exclaim "hey your arse smells" first check if YOU washed YOUR ass enough so that it does not stink.

Bol to aise rahe ho jaise khud doodh ke dhule hon.. or have never helped any of your loved ones to become gainfully employed..

He want's a 3rd BMW and a 1 million dollar home.. what is wrong with that? Hell bill gates wants more money and he has Gadzookillion already!!

Dooson ka nuks nikaalna asaan hai.. and it is not beneficial but infact it is counter productive. Nuks nikaalne ki bimaari hi hai to khud ki nikaalo aur suchaaro.. it will help you and prove beneficial.
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha..what is wrnt with earning more? You don't have it could not oo it means he should give it out as charity and become a struggler like you? Hell no. God speed him. Let him send his wie's resume here I will gas it up even more if it helps her make more money.

Resume fudging.. eh? Honestly tell how many are not gulity of this? Resume is ADVERTISEMENT. If she can do the job offered to her to the satisfaction of her employer what is your problem? Remember it is USA. Your performace matters. Perform or perish is the mantra. You fudge your resume and earn your 3 bmws and 14 million home yourself.. who the fukk is stopping you? Being jealous or just angoor khatte hain will not help.

It is survival of the fittest.. just because you want to wear the satyavadi harsishchandra chola does not mean others have to follow. It only means you know what to do but are chicken to do it yourself.

Whether she has 1 day or 1 hour or one minute experience is largely immaterial here. If she has the talent to pull off the job by hook or crook by taking help or working and readng up manuals.. who cares.. the reason she was given the job was to do something needed by the employer at a acceptable cost to the employer as long as that parameter is met.. you cannot call her a square peg in a round hole.. that is that as far as what mater IMHO.

You are no body to cry foul unless YOU are the employer and there is coerchion that you cannot let her go. Remember kisi aur ki taraf ungli uthaaoge tab tumhaari hi teen ungliyaan tumhare taraf ishaaraa kar rahi hai.. before you exclaim "hey your arse smells" first check if YOU washed YOUR ass enough so that it does not stink.

Bol to aise rahe ho jaise khud doodh ke dhule hon.. or have never helped any of your loved ones to become gainfully employed..

He want's a 3rd BMW and a 1 million dollar home.. what is wrong with that? Hell bill gates wants more money and he has Gadzookillion already!!

Dooson ka nuks nikaalna asaan hai.. and it is not beneficial but infact it is counter productive. Nuks nikaalne ki bimaari hi hai to khud ki nikaalo aur suchaaro.. it will help you and prove beneficial.
No wonder corruption can't be rooted out from India...unless you are being a dhurandhar wannabe (desperately trying to show otherwise thinking skills)...you seriously need a course in ethics
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Really.. what there is unethical please do tell? Your assertion being pointing fingers at others and not trying hard yourself is ETHICAL and someone who tries (and experience be damned it is past.. and past is past) is UNETHICAL? Change your dictionary man.

.. I could play state level badminton once and my daughter does play TT state level now) does not mean a jack.. with a broken feet I cannot squat properlly now let alone play carroms.. badminton is out of question.. Present is what matters.. I WAS a Olympic gold medal sprinter and can deliver your package from point a to b in 30 seconds.. clamis my resume.. and if you needed such service and hire me and I can indeed do it medal or no medal what is your complaint? I might use a scooter to do it is none of your business. You wanted your package from a to b in 30 seconds and it got there in 30 seconds so?.. Resume ka achaar dalega?

Oh he is not sprinting.. he cannot.. he never ran an olympics duh.. so what the package reached where it ought to and in time evidently.. and that is what you are paying for or agreed to pay for.. it wasn't a award cerimony hell he would not apply you would choose him then no?.

Dumb point.. try again durrrr-fuse-us!!
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:15 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Pelu is a gult too from Hyd.. What more to expect? Uske khoon me basi hai makkari..
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Pelu Pelu

First sarvi.. I am NOT a gult.. I know how to speak telugu but then I know how to speak chhatisgrahi, tamil, bengali and punjaabi too.. I spent a total of 8 years in Hyd that is it.. I am a certified dau.. chattisgrahi dau at that.. born educated and brought p in heart of chattisgrah and proud of it.

There are people in this world who are a dhabba to their own bretherns.. abhi as minute pahle utare hoinga JFK yaa kisi bhi point of entry mein apne aap ko prinicipled aur gora american samajhne lage.. what more, udhar ke kallu ko inferior samjhte hain.. what more.. india aayenge bolenge.. people have no sense of traffic.. people have no civic sense.. dudes you are a product of this very place and culture.. apne aap ko 24 carat samjhne ki galti mat karo. hum mehanat karke USA pahuchaa baaki sab illegal immgigrants or resume fudge karke aaylelaa hain chor maadarch0ds saala apba biwi ko resume fudge karaata hai.... except them and their family members every one is corrupt or even worse criminals.. they were born when raja satya harshichandra was passing by their backyard and a whiff of his body odour hit them.. see mee mee.. I shit diamonds.. others shit stinky poo poo.. Too bad.. I have news for those people your shit stinks worse and I got more breaking news for you.. instead of introspection if you waste your time finding fault in otherss.. you are gonna stay there.. at the bottom of the totem pole.. kauvaa mor ka pankh lagaa kar apne aap ko mor samajhne lag gayee.. To such people who are backstabing traitors my cast cread does not matter.. I am a tamil iyer brahmin sardar from srilanka.. go eat shit..

No not telling to you shakti pai.. you are right we gults are bad.. my spew or outburst was on others.. you know the ones who keep complaining others are cheats kinds. Not you at all. Consider it tangential thought. And as for you.. so long as his wife is not stealing your position or your wife/girlfriend/sister/brothers position you should have no issues why cry foul?
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Pelu Pelu

John 8:7 (KJV)

He said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

A clear case of terra terram accusat!! eh??
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
John 8:7 (KJV)

He said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

A clear case of terra terram accusat!! eh??
I can honestly say I have never fudged a resume. In fact, I have never even made a resume for myself. So can I cast a stone??

Dude, resume fudging does impact everybody. Racial/cultural stereotypes are an unfortunate reality. When an employer find 2-3 "eligible resume candidates" from Osmania "University" have fake resumes, they tend to not hire any more people from Osmania "University". Even more generalized than that - they tend to think of all Indians as having potentially fake resumes. I have seen this first hand.

Ethical, moral and legal consequences aside, there are very real world impacts of these processes - resume fudging, impostor interviewing (telephone), shadow working. Let me tell you the story of a friend of mine (desi from Osmania "university", of course) who hit the trifecta.

Guy comes in on H1. Good developer. Brings his wife as well. Wife is a correspondence BA graduate from some other fake university. Never worked in her life. Barely knows the English language, forget about programming languages. Anyway, after a few months of "in-home" coaching, desi bhai makes up a fake resume for her showing 5 years experience and expertise in Java development. Forms a company with another friend (GC holder) and has his wife phone interview with the client. Of course, the person giving the interview is another employee of his partner. So interview cleared. Since this is contract position, he talks to the client, personally vouches for his wife and they forego the on-site interview and hire her.

Now this lady shows up for work. She takes copious notes of everything. Sits in project meetings and writes like a mofo on steroids. Gets specs for the program. Goes to her desk, opens up the dev tool (which her hubby shows her to do) and pretends to type on her keyboard. In the meantime, her husband is writing her programs. Then they go home and he writes his own programs. A few months go by with this exact same charade.

Now, you may say, whats the big deal? The client is paying for two people and is getting the output of two people, ethical considerations gayee apnee maiyya ko daadi banane. Lets go with that for now. So, after about a year or so of this, dude gets his brother (or cousin, cant remember) in the same way. So now you have two dummies sitting in front of the computer, with one guy working 15 hour days to make up for it. Making money - living the American dream. All done through jugaad - or stealing, as you may see it.

But as it often happens, things go wrong. This guy get sick - some sort of stress related illness. Cant focus, concentrate worth shit. His own output goes way low. The output for the two dummies - zero. The whole thing unravels. The PM at the client finally catches on about something being fishy. He makes the two dummies "develop" something in real time. In a room - with him looking over their shoulder. Bhaanda is phootoed. All three get fired. Company sues the guy - driving him and his partner bankrupt. Everyone pack bags and go back to India. Justice done? You would think so, right? Unfortunately - too much justice.

They fire everyone from the original consulting company that my friend came through - terminate the contract. So 40 people lost their jobs overnight. Half of them back to India. Other half scratching and jhaadoo maaroing until they find a new client. The cllient also decides never to hire another desi company (unofficially, of course, since it would be illegal to discriminate ). Over a course of the next year they terminate contracts of all the desi companies there. Satyam, CTS (or whatever) and a couple of small desi bhadwa type companies. Over 250 H1 desis gone.

Yes, this is an extreme example. But a clear case of the impact of bad practices that you are saying are perfectly ok.
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Pelu Pelu

Tu bhi naa.. saale sardaar ka sardaar hi rahegaa..

I am not saying it is ok to fudge resume.. poora hava mat bharo.. thoda bahut chaltaa hai.. ksh script echo "hello world" likh ke rocket lauch karne mat niklo.. but the interviewer is there to scan such idiots.. agar usko chewtiyaa kaat kar ek mahina phokat kamaa liye to tumhaari kismat.. My point is a desi accusing another desi as if he is a red blooded native american.. and that when he is not even effected the least.. His problem is that gulti or mall or madrasi is more well to do with 2 bmws and half a mil home and 12 girlfriend when he himself is having to make do with a slice of pizza am and pm and live with 2234 other desi brothers who do not use perfume to hide their odour..

Difference hai pai.. We both are talking different languages.

Saale ko logic bataaya to mere ko resume fudging osmania university hyderabad gulti bol diyaa.. nothing wrong in being a hyderabadi or osmania university grad or a SUCCESSFUL resume fudger is my Point..

Kuch samjha ki dusre language mein samjhaaoon.. (Madrasi hua to kyaa huaa.. saala madrasi sardaar mai bhi hoon haan bol diye deta hoon).
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
they tend to think of all Indians as having potentially fake resumes. I have seen this first hand.
TU jhoot bol riyaa hai.. desis are positively crowding in tech, med, eng and assorted fields including nasa.. and agar ALL indians are thought of as potentially fake in their resumes.. then we all would be cooking masalaa dosa or tandoori naan at bargaaar kings.. kyaa? Kiase yaar aromatic finger liye ghoomte ho aur khud hi us ka sugandh nahi lete???? In niagra falls restaurant there was a gora who confronted me saying you phoreners stole my job.. Me was a GC holder by then.. a cop came in dragged him out and perhaps gave him a piece of his mind.. anyways.. apun ko koi accost nai na kartaa if it were for a bargarking masala dosa pojisun?
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tu bhi naa.. saale sardaar ka sardaar hi rahegaa..

I am not saying it is ok to fudge resume.. poora hava mat bharo.. thoda bahut chaltaa hai.. ksh script echo "hello world" likh ke rocket lauch karne mat niklo.. but the interviewer is there to scan such idiots.. agar usko chewtiyaa kaat kar ek mahina phokat kamaa liye to tumhaari kismat.. My point is a desi accusing another desi as if he is a red blooded native american.. and that when he is not even effected the least.. His problem is that gulti or mall or madrasi is more well to do with 2 bmws and half a mil home and 12 girlfriend when he himself is having to make do with a slice of pizza am and pm and live with 2234 other desi brothers who do not use perfume to hide their odour..

Difference hai pai.. We both are talking different languages.

Saale ko logic bataaya to mere ko resume fudging osmania university hyderabad gulti bol diyaa.. nothing wrong in being a hyderabadi or osmania university grad or a SUCCESSFUL resume fudger is my Point..

Kuch samjha ki dusre language mein samjhaaoon.. (Madrasi hua to kyaa huaa.. saala madrasi sardaar mai bhi hoon haan bol diye deta hoon).
Kya karoon - sardar hoon.

So tell me where do you draw the line on fudging? And who decides where that line should be drawn to be ok. Ethics are subjective. For you, making 3 years exp into 4 years may be ok. For someone else 3 to 6 may be ok. A thid person will be ok with 0 to 3. Teen saal ka hi to fudge hai bhai. Same difference. For you, saying "expertise" in Java may be ok when you have a little knowledge. For others, "mastery" may be ok with no knowledge.

Its a slippery slope.

For example, in my very first "real" interview, I had been working for 2 years and 10 months. When interview asked I said 2+ years. he did the math and said well, you have almost 3 years, why didnt you round up? I said because I didnt have 3 years.

Anyway, I get the job, and find out later that they had a requirement for a minimum of 3 years experience. My resume was actually disqualified after the first round, but then put back in because the interviewer vouched for me. That was my first US job. I am still in touch with that guy, off and on. He taught me something and I guess I must have taught him something too.
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
TU jhoot bol riyaa hai.. desis are positively crowding in tech, med, eng and assorted fields including nasa.. and agar ALL indians are thought of as potentially fake in their resumes.. then we all would be cooking masalaa dosa or tandoori naan at bargaaar kings.. kyaa? Kiase yaar aromatic finger liye ghoomte ho aur khud hi us ka sugandh nahi lete???? In niagra falls restaurant there was a gora who confronted me saying you phoreners stole my job.. Me was a GC holder by then.. a cop came in dragged him out and perhaps gave him a piece of his mind.. anyways.. apun ko koi accost nai na kartaa if it were for a bargarking masala dosa pojisun?
Oye - I just gave you an example above, where one company pretty much washed its hands off all desi tech companies. Yes, they now work with American companies, who hire some desis anyway.

Jhoot nahin bol riya bhai .. there are other examples, but cant share those here.
Old December 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Pelu Pelu

Haan paai but the thing is this.

Fudge mat karo alright.. but ek dum Mahatama gandhi banoge to gand me goli ich milengi aur raam bhajo.. yaar thoda bahut chaltaa hai..I mean if you put on fair and handsome, you become SRK per ad.. ok not SRK atleast you will smell like him naa (tumhaare ko samjhaana hai to smell ko kidhar to bhi ghusednaa ich mangtaa)..

Rahi baat objection uthaane ki.. jis aadmi ko ramgad jaana nahi.. jis ko uhar rahnaa nahi, jis ko udhar ke basanti to door ki baat dhanno se se koi bhi vaasta nahi vo udhar par gabbar ke nange naach se pareshaan hai? Kyon? Us ko kis thaakur ne supari di hai gabbar ki? Kisi ne nahi!! phir vo koyon aa jab tak hai jaan jaane jahan mai naachungi gaa riyaa hai? Ye kyon basanti ban riyaa hai? That is my innochent kochan.