eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old July 7th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Renewal of Indian Passport. Quick Guide.

First have the following ready.

Copy of your passport, GC, H1 papers SHOULD BE VALID as of applying for new passport. The renewal actually is a misnomer. They give you a new passport alright.

Fill up this form. You can actually type and print all details, infact do that.. if you want to write on the form, the space is just not enough in some places (depends on your handwriting though).

http://www.indiacgny.org/passportform.pdf

The fee is 40$.

The sooner you go there, the sooner you come out.

Give this form, 40$, Copy of passport+GC/VISA, and 4 passport size photos. No need to stick the photo. They do it for you. Also do not forget to put signatures in all the required places. 4 in all. 1 Just below the photo, other 3 at bottom of page 2. You can get passport size photo cheaper at counsellate (there is an automatic machine). However xerox copying is expensive there.

Once done, the clerk there will give you a receipt.

Plan for 2 day trip to NY. The passport will be given to you next day 4:30 to 5:15 PM.
Old July 7th, 2003, 12:21 PM
in Bartania

smartganduinuk will become famous soon enough
how much do they give you ? 10 yrs?
Old July 7th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Yes.. 10Yrs extension.
Old July 7th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Pelu Pelu

Actually, Had I seen this form before, I would not have had any problem at all.. this form has clear cut instructions including the time they expect us to drop off the form. It also gives details of fees and facilities available in the counsullate.

Un ka web master chewtiyaa hai.. the layout is not good. Else I guess my experience with the counsellate would have been a very pleasant one. I am happy I got counter 5. The girl at counter 6 was a total Khadoos..
Old July 7th, 2003, 04:12 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Un ka web master chewtiyaa hai.. the layout is not good.

Indian technician hoga? Gadhon ko New York laane se vo Ghode nahi ban jaate ...

Else I guess my experience with the counsellate would have been a very pleasant one.
You come inside them once every ten years so experience should be satisfying too ... no? It should be worth all the wait ... no?

I am happy I got counter 5. The girl at counter 6 was a total Khadoos..
Khadoos are more fun ... nice girls are dime a dozen.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!