eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old March 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Shitty experiences at Indian grocery store.

Okay this will sound like whining and you may flame me, but give me a listen.

Today, on my way back home, I stopped at a grocery store we usually go to. We had not gone to this store for quite a few days as there is another new gorcery store nearby and we tried that.

Well, it so happened that I picked up some groceries and two samosas. The samosas were kept in a heater kind of glass showcase with brown paper bags nearby to pack as much as you want to buy.

So I packed two samosas and a couple of those small chutni plastic containers. Now as I waited my turn, there was this lady ahead of me who started arguing about the price of some item. She said it was $5.99 and the clerk said no its $6.99. Now there was no price tag on this item so he walked over to another clerk. She said, I dont know. Great! So now we are all stuck till its decided what the price is. Well this happens in American stores too, but someone from the store team usually shows up for a price check and its resolved. Here the lady said no its 5.99 and he said no its 6.99.

Now I felt like telling her, lady its evening, we are all tired from a hard day at the office. Let me buy you this so that you can get the fuck off this line. Thankfully another clerk called out - Next and I hurried there.

So now as I lay my purchaes on the table, he started ringing each item. Then he asked me how many Samosas. I said 2 and he continued scanning other items. Then as he packed the items in the plastic bags, he then opened the paper bag of samosas and asked how many? I said 2. So he opens the bag and checks again.

I was pissed now. What the fuck?? I have been here many times, I have purchased samosas before. Its the usual method when the clerk asks how many and I have replied. This ba$tard wants to verify twice as if I am a cheat!!

I waited patiently while he checked and then as I signed my receipt, I saw the owner in the corner. I called him to the cash register. I took the bag of samosas and said - Here I am stealing your bloody samosas. So take them! Then I threw them in the counter with force. All the customers were now looking at this scene.

I did not care. What the fuck?? I told the owner - Your clerks dont know what the fuck it means to trear customers. Why the fuck dont you keep plastic transparent bags for samosas?? When I told him two one time, he rung me up. Then at the end he asks agains how many? So I tell him again and still he wants to open the samosa bag and verify?? What the fuck? Are you the Indian customs who will open all bags and beg for bribes??

I was very pissed off. I said Do you think i will steal your stupid samosas and build a palace in Saratoga Hills? The clerk was all quiet and the owner was red faced. He said sorry it was a mistake, etc., etc. I said I know what it means to ask and what it means to ask and not believe!! Fuck you and your store.

I just walked out and will NEVER go there again. When I walked out and was loading the groceries in the car, another guys came to me and said - Good you spoke up. The bastard will ask two or three times when you buy Parle G packs. He can see there are ten yet he will aks twice and then start counting.

Fuck, I can understand being vigilant about theft and knowing what to verify and how to go about it.

Maybe I was just tired and blew up, but when the other customer came up to me and told me about similar experiences, I was convinced this store owner had suddenly gown teeth in his ass and his teeth were chattering!! In Marathi the exact saying is - Gaandit daat aaley bhadvyachya..

Saale gandu log. This is Bay Area.. Fuck this store owner. There are many. I will take my business elsewhere.
Old March 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shitty experiences at Indian grocery store.

Cha pai, did u give him your business card with the URL to echarcha.com?

Lagta hai abhi tak gussa utra nahin

Sent from my iPhone.
Old March 15th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
Cha pai, did u give him your business card with the URL to echarcha.com?

Lagta hai abhi tak gussa utra nahin
Nahi yaar.. I have purchased samosas in the many stores in Bay Area. All of them have the almost same ritual - you pack the number of samosas you want in those small brown paper bags and tell the sales register clerk how many you packed.

I really dont think ANY desi can stoop to such a low level as that of stealing samosas!

Even when you are Costco and they check the receipt at the exit, they never ask you to show them everything that you purchased. They have a quick glance and quickly let you go.

This fucker thinks that the customers come to his shop to steal samosas!!
Old March 15th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Hindu Rashtra Supporter

BadnaamGaandu is on a distinguished road

I know the feeling when one has to show things to prove they did not steal!

Boner happens all the time... and we do not even have a girl on our team ...
Ahem! If it was me I'd keep that a secret

- Some Timeless Quotes from SaneLess Pai.
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Shitty experiences at Indian grocery store.

kudos to u cha not only Indians but many immigrants come over here to screw the basic US rule 'customer is always right'..these maderbhagats turn they business place into their own mini-India (where customer is always wrong)..these r the 1z who should be deported or shot dead right there..

fortunately i visit desi infested areas very rarely (including temples)..another thing is normally over here (east coast, or atelast the states i've visited) we tell the b1tch behind the counter to pack us the # of samosas we want..so your kinda scenario wont occur here..but yeah, u did a good thing..

i have a lot of venom within me fo maderch0d immigrants who try to enforce they BS in they business areas (or even driving fo that matter) on US soil..

aint there some good hearted serial killa out there who can take care of these mofos?
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:09 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

ow mannn.....thats insulting...good that you spoke up.
In our area there used to be just one indian grocery store....so people had to take all the crap....Thankfully 2 more came up and people have a choice of ditching the one who becomes badtameez.

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old March 15th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Deviating from the topic a bit is the attitude of some indians at grocery stores. As I was telling desibaba on saturday at this grocery store where I have seen some of our countrymen picking up the loose cherries that they have on display eating them (muft ka chandan....) and then spitting the seeds right on the floor in front of everyone. Some chewtiyas take the loose groundnuts, deshell them, eat the nuts and throw the empty shells on the floor. I guess the fukin attitude of throw trash anywhere, baap ka maal hai attitude doesnt die in such chipmunks.

Not to forget some of the maha aholes who will park their grocery carts right in the middle of the isles and no matter how much excuse me you tell them, it falls on deaf ears and all they will have then is a big sick grin on their face. Smack the living daylights out of these fukheads.
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Cha pai,

I understand your indignation - unfortunately, there is usually a cause and effect. Some madarbhagat desi must have tried it a few times (taking 4 samosas and saying there were only 2 or sumpn), so the store guy has no choice but to count everyone's samosas. Simpler solution would be to pack it themselves but that kind of customer service concept is beyond these guys.

Maybe you should have "tasted" a few samosas before selecting the ones you wanted to buy
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Okay this will sound like whining and you may flame me, but give me a listen.

Today, on my way back home, I stopped at a grocery store we usually go to. We had not gone to this store for quite a few days as there is another new gorcery store nearby and we tried that.

Well, it so happened that I picked up some groceries and two samosas. The samosas were kept in a heater kind of glass showcase with brown paper bags nearby to pack as much as you want to buy.

So I packed two samosas and a couple of those small chutni plastic containers. Now as I waited my turn, there was this lady ahead of me who started arguing about the price of some item. She said it was $5.99 and the clerk said no its $6.99. Now there was no price tag on this item so he walked over to another clerk. She said, I dont know. Great! So now we are all stuck till its decided what the price is. Well this happens in American stores too, but someone from the store team usually shows up for a price check and its resolved. Here the lady said no its 5.99 and he said no its 6.99.

Now I felt like telling her, lady its evening, we are all tired from a hard day at the office. Let me buy you this so that you can get the fuck off this line. Thankfully another clerk called out - Next and I hurried there.

So now as I lay my purchaes on the table, he started ringing each item. Then he asked me how many Samosas. I said 2 and he continued scanning other items. Then as he packed the items in the plastic bags, he then opened the paper bag of samosas and asked how many? I said 2. So he opens the bag and checks again.

I was pissed now. What the fuck?? I have been here many times, I have purchased samosas before. Its the usual method when the clerk asks how many and I have replied. This ba$tard wants to verify twice as if I am a cheat!!

I waited patiently while he checked and then as I signed my receipt, I saw the owner in the corner. I called him to the cash register. I took the bag of samosas and said - Here I am stealing your bloody samosas. So take them! Then I threw them in the counter with force. All the customers were now looking at this scene.

I did not care. What the fuck?? I told the owner - Your clerks dont know what the fuck it means to trear customers. Why the fuck dont you keep plastic transparent bags for samosas?? When I told him two one time, he rung me up. Then at the end he asks agains how many? So I tell him again and still he wants to open the samosa bag and verify?? What the fuck? Are you the Indian customs who will open all bags and beg for bribes??

I was very pissed off. I said Do you think i will steal your stupid samosas and build a palace in Saratoga Hills? The clerk was all quiet and the owner was red faced. He said sorry it was a mistake, etc., etc. I said I know what it means to ask and what it means to ask and not believe!! Fuck you and your store.

I just walked out and will NEVER go there again. When I walked out and was loading the groceries in the car, another guys came to me and said - Good you spoke up. The bastard will ask two or three times when you buy Parle G packs. He can see there are ten yet he will aks twice and then start counting.

Fuck, I can understand being vigilant about theft and knowing what to verify and how to go about it.

Maybe I was just tired and blew up, but when the other customer came up to me and told me about similar experiences, I was convinced this store owner had suddenly gown teeth in his ass and his teeth were chattering!! In Marathi the exact saying is - Gaandit daat aaley bhadvyachya..

Saale gandu log. This is Bay Area.. Fuck this store owner. There are many. I will take my business elsewhere.

If I were you, I would have calmly returned all that was bought and politely walked out of the store never to return again
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
fortunately i visit desi infested areas very rarely (including temples)..
Yaar DB tu Temples ko kyon beech mein laa raha hai!

Aur upar se bol raha hai ki you are fortunate that you visit temples rarely because of Desi "Infestation"

Yaar I understand that sometimes Desi's can become real obnoxious but not all desis are "Pests"...
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo

Aur upar se bol raha hai ki you are fortunate that you visit temples rarely because of Desi "Infestation"

Yaar I understand that sometimes Desi's can become real obnoxious but not all desis are "Pests"...
sorry if i've hurt your feelings..but i have experienced major irritation via desi kids in desi temples

and i kno i may be sounding really obnoxious but i cant help it..i wasnt like this until i stepped into US and saw this desi related hypocritical BS all around
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba

aint there some good hearted serial killa out there who can take care of these mofos?
All good hearted serial killa have long died by choking on cheap pan-supari provided by the same mofos
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo

All "Desis" are pests unless they prove otherwise...as i have said before I prefer not to socialize with desi folks much to chagrin of my parents and relatives
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:03 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
All "Desis" are pests unless they prove otherwise...as i have said before I prefer not to socialize with desi folks much to chagrin of my parents and relatives
Hey, but aren't u socializing with a lot of Desi's right here on echarcha dhuru ji...

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old March 15th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
Hey, but aren't u socializing with a lot of Desi's right here on echarcha dhuru ji...
socializing here is not same as socializing in person...VAST difference

I don't socialize with echans outside ec...else I would probly lose interest and stop visiting this site