eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old May 6th, 2016, 02:56 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What book are you all reading?

reading paperback is definitely better but I don't mind kindle. That way I can carry many books with me and read whatever I want.

The best thing is your magazine subscription comes directly to kindle/ipad. I had India Today for a while, then I tried Time, etc. I think ToI was costlier, otherwise you can read full newspaper on your tab.
Old May 6th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Why are they annoying?
Not sure about all e-readers, but I found the tablet I had pretty annoying. Rotate the tablet... and I lose my place in the book. Accidentally touch the screen here or a button there... and all sorts of weird things happen. Sometimes the screen is bright... sometimes it is dark. Sometimes the font is small... sometimes it is big. Adjust this... adjust that... takes the fun out of reading.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old May 6th, 2016, 06:11 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Not sure about all e-readers, but I found the tablet I had pretty annoying. Rotate the tablet... and I lose my place in the book. Accidentally touch the screen here or a button there... and all sorts of weird things happen. Sometimes the screen is bright... sometimes it is dark. Sometimes the font is small... sometimes it is big. Adjust this... adjust that... takes the fun out of reading.
Touche. I was just going to say something on the similar lines. Plus the feel of paper and smell of books... sigh. Brings me back in time to summer holidays. Playing with friends morning till afternoon, reading in the afternoon and then back to playing outdoors with friends until my mom came after me with a stick
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707 View Post
Touche. I was just going to say something on the similar lines. Plus the feel of paper and smell of books... sigh. Brings me back in time to summer holidays. Playing with friends morning till afternoon, reading in the afternoon and then back to playing outdoors with friends until my mom came after me with a stick
If you are always so agreeable with saneless, why don't you just marry him?

Old May 6th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
If you are always so agreeable with saneless, why don't you just marry him?
She would have... but Kalidaans pai is poking from the other side. Now she has 2 not-so-handsome guys... and it is a tough choice

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:24 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there's this thing called a bookmark just like you do with paperback book, you can put a digital bookmark in every digital reader.

Best ereader these days in Kindle paperlight. The brightness is just right, feels quite a bit like reading a paperback.
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
there's this thing called a bookmark just like you do with paperback book, you can put a digital bookmark in every digital reader.

Best ereader these days in Kindle paperlight. The brightness is just right, feels quite a bit like reading a paperback.
Bookmark is when you want to come back to a page after putting it down... nahi ke everytime you turn from landscape to portrait... and portrait to landscape

Old May 6th, 2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Bookmark is when you want to come back to a page after putting it down... nahi ke everytime you turn from landscape to portrait... and portrait to landscape
You seem like technologically challenged.. Lol. I never had any problems with ereaders. I own a couple kindles.
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:28 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

The Tamil Story! Terrific concept... Overdue. Fantastic summer reading.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Ted Dekker - AD 30

Set in the middle east during the times of christ.. it seems to be interesting this far
Old August 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM

Big Data for Dummies