eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old April 12th, 2015, 08:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Apple and Google

So, i wanted to check on the nearest Panera Bread whose location i knew. i checked apple maps and it was showing a location which i knew was not the nearest one. i wanted to play a bit more and tried using Siri and it was dialling one guy named Anil. I tried to refine my accent but then it was trying to dial one guy starting with P.

Then i found that google maps had gone with the latest upgrade
i downloaded both google maps and Google app. I used 'OK Google' and it showed me the right panera bread at one go

I went to siri again and said WTF and it was again trying to dial one guy

I went back to google and said WTF and it was showing the wiki for the F word
I wanted to wrap up with 'Google you are too good, much better than apple'
THen it googled 'Google you are no good, much better than apple'!!
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:12 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple and Google

I did not even know that something called "apple maps" exists

google maps works very nicely in India.
Old April 14th, 2015, 04:30 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I recalled this from 2012 when iPhones only had Apple Maps for a while.. It was shitty.

Apple Australia map glitch: Snakes! In the desert!

By Rob Taylor
CANBERRA | Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54pm EST

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australian police have warned travelers off using Apple's troubled iPhone mapping software after several motorists became stuck in a snake-infested, desert corner of the country while using their phone for directions.

Police in southeast Victoria state said they had been forced to rescue a number of motorists who had become stuck for up to 24 hours "without food or water" after being directed to the arid Murray Sunset National Park, instead of the tourist town of Mildura, 70 km (43 miles) away.

"We had a fellow trapped in there just on Friday night after his car became bogged. He saw a snake, a goat and a fox, and he was too scared to get out of the car," Mildura police Inspector Simon Clemence told Reuters on Tuesday.
Old April 14th, 2015, 05:09 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I should have mentioned in in the first post, but i am trying all this on an IPhone 5. Also with the installation of iOS 8.3 which was supposed to have some 'Bug Fixes', i noticed he following.
- Few apps including Google Maps and Linkedin get knocked off.
- The music does not start from the song i left off when playing.
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I should have mentioned in in the first post, but i am trying all this on an IPhone 5. Also with the installation of iOS 8.3 which was supposed to have some 'Bug Fixes', i noticed he following.
- Few apps including Google Maps and Linkedin get knocked off.
- The music does not start from the song i left off when playing.
they will fix in iOS 8.4 and then unfix in 8.5 .. the cycle continues.

Before you blink you'll be complaining about iPhone 20S. Already there are probably more galaxies by Samsung than in the universe.
Old April 15th, 2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
they will fix in iOS 8.4 and then unfix in 8.5 .. the cycle continues.
This makes Apple like any other co. i am not an apple fan but guess it was not so earlier. Like in 2012 i got my first smartphone, an iPhone 5 (still using that). Steve Jobs was still around then. It came with an iOS 6. There were hardly 2-3 releases for the whole year. compared to the one every month for iOS7 and almost every week for iOS 8.
From what i have seen on FB, even Macbooks now conk off frequently.