eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:14 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Load Shedding now in Mumbai too!

We all are aware of the "load shedding" concept of electricity. All these years, this practice was carried out everywhere except the Metropolis'. Yesterday, suddenly the BMC declares that Mumbai is going to be treated no different than the rural/less developed parts in Maharashtra! Load Shedding will also be introduced in Mumbai...

Since yesterday ( 2nd May 2005), the hoardings/billboards would not be provided with electricity from 6 pm to 10 pm everyday. They will remain unilluminated during that period!

This is downright crass. I mean, such a huge business center.. economical hub of the nation doesn't get power (electricity) during what I may consider the peak/rush hours! Inexplicable... Unbelievable... Idiotic!

In protest of this, some Shiv Sainiks barged in the BMC office and erraticly started throwing chairs around. Some of them also set some things on fire.. The fire caught on and they eventually had to vacate the premises!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:57 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: Load Shedding not in Mumbai too!

1stly Baba yaar link chpkao is news ka

Buddy load shedding is a concept where there is optimized downtime of electricity which is kinda all planned out and so its better than sporadic cutting out of electricity for long hours. It's a good way to save some resources and manage this process in a decent manner, even the capital of the nation has this happening during summers. But what I find ridiculous are these Shiva Sainiks, they are nothing but violent nincompoops!! Somebody oughta vandalize their HQ so they know how it feels to others when they keep doing such outrageous acts..
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry wizard bhai, I cannot provide a link right now. Anyways.. I do not agree that Mumbai should face the same problem as the other parts of Maharashtra do maybe!

I believe that just like New York is to USA, Mumbai is to India! It should not face such a problem..
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba
I'm sorry wizard bhai, I cannot provide a link right now. Anyways.. I do not agree that Mumbai should face the same problem as the other parts of Maharashtra do maybe!

I believe that just like New York is to USA, Mumbai is to India! It should not face such a problem..

Theek hai yaar...ur all possessive abt ur Mumbai and that it shudn't be treated this way being the financial center of India, but apun ka desh chalta kidhar se hai? Capital se, udhar bhi toh yeh haal hai....toh Mumbai ko itna khaas special treatment kayeku bidu ? mast inverter ya generator khareedne ka aur chalaane ka bindaas!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Load Shedding not in Mumbai too!

Mumbai is very important for India Inc! Mumbai is the financial, creative, commercial and overall business capital of India.

My uncle (my mom's first cousin) works as a senior engineer in MIDC. I had asked him long ago about power outages in all places except Mumbai. he explained that the grid is setup in such a way that if power starts failing, they divert it all to Mumbai ensuring that Mumbai is never left in the dark.

Then he said that the power shortage is due to many factors, some of them being
1) The Maharashtra State Electricity Board needs to retrofit their power plants with latest technology to increase efficiency.
2) Power is still stolen in many parts of Maharahstra. This causes close to 30% power being 'lost' due to 'transmission loss'.
3) Government needs to get the heavy water boron reactor based technology developed indigenously into practise and supplement traditional power generation.

At that time Enron had just started. He said we did not need Enron at all if points number 1 and 2 were taken care of.

However, you know how Government departments work!

The negative effects for Mumbai will be lots of industry like software, stock markets and many more will be affected crucially and Mumbai might soon become another commercial cesspool like Calcutta!

Manmohan Singh wants to make Mumbai as the next Shanghai. I wonder if he meant Shanghai of like 100 years ago!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Axecuse Me?

Wait...I am not even sure of the complete story yet, what baba says here is that hoardings and billboards won't be illuminated in the night (Duh?? what the heck, aren't lights meant to be used in the night??) and anyways generators will be an easy way out for those effected by it. The other I don't know what's the scene of load shedding in company's in Mumbai, ofcoz during office hours n all load shedding can be quite a pain, but all major companies usually have backup generators and other options available to them incase of such events so its not like they'll be stuck in the dark ages coz of a power cut. It all depends what is the intensity of this load shedding.

Baba please shed some light on this matter with a proper detailed link or something??
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Load Shedding now in Mumbai too!

For those who don't know. This Kaangress - NCP (Yen Shee Pee) govt who has come to power on the power of caste centric votes is clueless about what to do. This Deshmukh along with Dilip walse Patil is now blaming the SS - BJP govt for the current power crisis (although they were in power nearly 5.8 years ago)
These bafoons who claim to be the benefactors of the farmers (shetkaryanche kaiwari) have no clue as to what should be done. They are saying that MOU's for power projects are now being signed so that Maharashtra can get power after 3-4 years (when this current term gets over).

These chewtiyas routinely misguide farmers by saying that people like Joshi and Mahajan (SS - BJP) do not know about agriculture since they hail from cities and so they are unfit to rule Maharashtra. But now wont it be apt to say that these Kaangressi cock suckers dont know a flying fcuk about electrical engineering and so they are unfit to rule?

No wonder someone from the BJP commented..."Deshmukh bhai dont supply us with excuses supply us electricity instead"
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
..Meanwhile Kaangress has much better things to do!

Meira seeks private sector jobs for dalits
Meira seeks private sector jobs for dalitsRavish Kumar

Tuesday, May 3, 2005 (New Delhi):

Social Justice and Welfare Minister Meira Kumar is upset with what she terms as unfair discrimination against dalits by private companies.

She is now preparing a list of a 100 qualified professional dalits, whom she claims will be ready to match with the best of the talent.

For the past one year, the government has been discussing a proposal to get more jobs for dalits in the private sector.

The government also contacted 218 companies, but received a feeble response with not a single corporate committed to giving jobs to dalits.

Some merely offered money for scholarships.

The government claims there are laws which allow them to order private companies to reserve jobs for dalits, but want to explore other options before taking any drastic action.

Forget power to the light bulbs..here's power to the vote banks!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Atarangi Echarchan

viruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Government needs to get the heavy water boron reactor based technology developed indigenously into practise and supplement traditional power generation.
Don't worry bhaya.. the no. of Atomic power plants are going to be incresed in shortly. But as it need clear space,req. environment & shiffing of residents from that places, the projects are getting delayed.

read some more info here
http://www.dae.gov.in/press/taps4crit.htm

Yesterday, I watched a TV programm on which CM says that they have signed 5 power plants which will going to fulfil our demands in next five years. The 50% of electricity from these plants will be taken by Maharashtra Govt. & other 50% can be given to anyone who need it.

Lekin tab tak ..................

Last edited by viruss; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:28 PM. Reason: for aadition of link
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

The C-NCP had a beareucrat, M. Godbole to 'report' on the power scenario. Like a typical Babu, this Bozo covered all bases with lots of ifs and buts. needless to say, at the end this 'report' is as inane and confusing as any typical Babu job.
But he talked of T&D losses --instead of bringing them down to 3-4%,these have actually RISEN to 38%(from30% in 2001/2)We can guess why! This would have released 1500-1800MV for legal use.
There is no way to use Bassien Gas in Chembur--the pipeline is not built!
The highly subsidised wind-mills,owned by Padamsingh,Bhujbal,Adik etc..,and for which,MSEB pays 148 crores to these worthies,are useless during summer!
If even part of the high ash coal is replaced with imported coal,generation could go up by 150-160 MW.
The NDA,when in power,had offered 750-800MW yearly from the central grid to Maharashtra,but our worthies rejected it---all that power is now alloted to Gujarat and Uttaranchal!
Now these morons want to spend 550-600 crores on 'single phasing' to tide over the crisis!
The C-NCP are 'laatonkey Bhoot'. So the 'attack' on MSEB offices.(Monday to Sunday Electricity Bandh).
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:41 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker
the 'attack' on MSEB offices.(Monday to Sunday Electricity Bandh).
sahi bolela hai
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

just shows the alarming state of affairs in a country, which needs more power,water & roads to help support growth .
govt departments are still sleeping . if BJP would have been in power ...how different would it be ?
question is not about politics ..how good india & indians are in developing basic infrastructure ?
It is not enough if you jump & celebrate over the booming economy , there is urgent need to support the economic growth with basic requirements like power & water.
Or else...its a straight U turn !

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Atarangi Echarchan

viruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian
It is not enough if you jump & celebrate over the booming economy , there is urgent need to support the economic growth with basic requirements like power & water.
Or else...its a straight U turn !
Fully aggree with U.

But how can it possible of a growth of economy. As of today Maharashtra Govt. don't have enough money to invest atleast 10% req. money in any project of power plant (though they have sign some of them).

I don't know how they will raise the money/