eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old April 18th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Kapil Dev was in Bay Area today!!

Folks,

Today I got to see Kapil Dev in action! He was in the Bay Are to inaugrate the Winter Knockout tournament of the www.tennisballcricket.org league for which we play.

He was here for a charity dinner last night hosted by Lietracy India project. Today he came to the field. He batted a few balls and was awesome. He then went on to use a stump! Yes a stump to hit the ball! It was an unforgettable experience to see this great living legend!!

Will try to post some pics.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kapil Dev was in Bay Area today!!

Awesome cha pai... awesome!

I wish to meet him one day too.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Check him bat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KAPIL-Batting.jpg (161.6 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by echarcha; April 18th, 2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

He hit the ball for the boundary several times even with a stump!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KAPIL-Stump.jpg (110.0 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by echarcha; April 18th, 2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Pamolive ka jawaaaab nahin!

Are you the wicket keeper?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: Kapil Dev was in Bay Area today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
Pamolive ka jawaaaab nahin!

Are you the wicket keeper?
Abey phir photu kaun nikalega??
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Tell us more about his personality and all. Was he friendly? Talking to people? Was he answering people (assuming people had cool questions for him)?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Tell us more about his personality and all. Was he friendly? Talking to people? Was he answering people (assuming people had cool questions for him)?
He is a really good human being. Very humble, shaking hands, signing endless autographs.

When I was walking backwards ahead of him as he was coming towards the tents, I shouted out to my friends behind him to be in step _ "Kay re neet ubhey raha" Kapil immediately picked up and said - "Kay re? Kasa Kay re? Tumhi Mumbai cha kay re? " I replied in Marathi - "Tumchya sarkha ajun koni nahin" He smiled and added -"tumhi Mumbai wala mast cricketer aahat".

I was unable to believe that he spoke and replied in Marathi! Then I remembered that well with so many Marathi team mates like Gavaskar, Vengsarkar, Shastri he must have picked up Marathi!!

Shama was very happy that he posed for two pictures with her. He autographed for her and we both were very happy! He is an awesome dude! Kapil should play for Indian team even today. I am sure he can put Tendulkar and Ganguly to shame!!

Oh boy. It was an afternoon to remember!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

He was happy to see cricket living on in USA. He was quite jovial and even joked to a question - "How is your golf comimg alng?"

"What golf? If I was to come here and be with you then I could not golf"

Then while batting he said - "baba dont get me out"

When a bowler really gave him a great delivery he het it for a four and said -"Can I play with your team? Do you have an opening"

It was magical!! He is awesome. I have some more pics but dont wish to publish personal pics now. Check out San Jose Mercury News tomorrow for some more pics!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

I had seen Kapil once in person before. Today I got to shake hands with him. He is a very good person. He had come for a good cause. He autgraphed some copies of his new autobiography. Before I could buy one they were all sold out.

I feel like a little kid in a candy store right now! He is just so magical!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Awesome

I like to see cricketers pics outside cricket. Crop them and color your body in MS Paint... but post more Kapil's pics if you can.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I had seen Kapil once in person before. Today I got to shake hands with him. He is a very good person. He had come for a good cause. He autgraphed some copies of his new autobiography. Before I could buy one they were all sold out.

I feel like a little kid in a candy store right now! He is just so magical!!
Yeah I read that he's coming in Bay Area on the NCCA forums a couple of weeks back. They were giving away free copies of his book to the attendees I think, but the tickets were costly I believe, though I don't remember the prices.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a chance to meet him

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Awesome

I like to see cricketers pics outside cricket. Crop them and color your body in MS Paint... but post more Kapil's pics if you can.
Kal office se karta hoon.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Some more news here
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/11390888.htm
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

You are a damn lucky guy Echarcha. You got to see the great legend Kapil Dev, the Haryana hurricane. And to read that he spend considerable time with ya all, and batted some too and signed autographs, it simply speaks for his simplicity and his desire to please his fans. Truly a great personality.
I have never got a chance to see any cricketer in my life (have seen Raveena though at Heathrow, Kumar Sanu at US Consulate, Mumbai and Stereo Nation in AI flight).
Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I shouted out to my friends behind him to be in step _ "Kay re neet ubhey raha"
Are you the captain of your team ?