eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old June 6th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
but its true SG.....we used to go to Indi Rock et all and used to do head banging et all....now if i start doing that, i might need phsiotherapy to get my neck back in shape.

OK...i promise you not to talk about bbay when we talk again..just so that we both dont get homesick.

Bombay junta....been out of touch of local music scene...can anybody add here which new artists and groups have come in and how they are like...so that if i ever find their cds i can pick it up.
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Junior eCharchan

outerpalli is on a distinguished road
Re: What happened to Indian rock band Rock Machine a.ka. Indus Creed

Hello chaps, Found this thread whlie doing a search, and joined this forum.
Yes, Id be interested to know if anyone on this forum was a member of any of the rock bands from Bombay, in the mid to late eighties. If there is, please either PM me, or get in touch via the forum? Thanks for this.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro
sharon prabhakar .. ha ha..you are right. the only one she knew was i hate myself for loving you. i dont know how she managed to be on stage with 100's of guys shouting fuk off and i hate myself for fukking you. there was this other gal jasmine bharucha, dont know what happened to her. we used to go to every concert in pune, most of them were held at BJ Med College ground right next to the police commish's office. man, it was a tough battle with the pandu's trying to get us to shut up and all that. rock machine used to play some great scorpions numbers. they also did smoke on the water particularly well.
Does anyone remember Apache Indian, when he toured India ?? - I got to meet him and his crew backstage.. BJ medical Grounds - that brought back some memories man.. Then there was that 'Agni' - Boy they were some band.. used to play GNR pretty well, if i remember correct

Also there was this guy called Sheetal Kulkarni in Poona who used to offer guitar lessons

Anyways - Good Ol' Pune.. and bmy

cheers
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino
Does anyone remember Apache Indian, when he toured India ?? - I got to meet him and his crew backstage.. BJ medical Grounds - that brought back some memories man.. Then there was that 'Agni' - Boy they were some band.. used to play GNR pretty well, if i remember correct

Also there was this guy called Sheetal Kulkarni in Poona who used to offer guitar lessons

cheers

Which college in Pune raz bhai ? BM?
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpalli
Hello chaps, Found this thread whlie doing a search, and joined this forum.
Yes, Id be interested to know if anyone on this forum was a member of any of the rock bands from Bombay, in the mid to late eighties. If there is, please either PM me, or get in touch via the forum? Thanks for this.
Welcome to our small yet tight knit community.. I hope you find a lot more interesting content in our different sections.

I would invite you to our Literary Forum where we have some excellent stories written by our members. Also there is the usual Friday Special for all kinds of humour and then the rest is all laid out in categories we think are suitable.

As for Indus Creed, I dont know what happened. Mahesh Tinaikar's father was Mumbai Municipal Commissioner back then. I dont know what he or Mahesh are upto these days.

I had a friend from school who played in a band called KrySys back then. Dont know what happened to him later..
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

cheers
I was there at this concert at BJ Med Grounds. Fun times...my friend's Kinetic Honda was stolen from the parking area during this concert.

Boom Shakalaka Boom

Wasn't a singer called Jasmine Bharucha opening for Apache Indian at this concert?
Old February 12th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Junior eCharchan

outerpalli is on a distinguished road

BTW, I was a member of Nandu' band in the eighties. Used to perform a lot at Rang Bhavan, and other venues across the country.
Outerpalli.!!
Old February 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpalli
BTW, I was a member of Nandu' band in the eighties. Used to perform a lot at Rang Bhavan, and other venues across the country.
Outerpalli.!!
Oh Nandu Bhende!! Yeah.. the first Marathi Rocker!!
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Oh Nandu Bhende!! Yeah.. the first Marathi Rocker!!
The name is familiar to me but i cant recollect any of his songs.
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was there at this concert at BJ Med Grounds. Fun times...my friend's Kinetic Honda was stolen from the parking area during this concert.

Boom Shakalaka Boom

Wasn't a singer called Jasmine Bharucha opening for Apache Indian at this concert?
Yeah Padhu Bawa is related to jasmine - so don't say anything bout her

I used to know some guys from WizCraft who provided the event management for this concert

Also does anyone here know Moogat ? - the math professor from wadia ?

SS Pai - Hint Hint
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah Padhu Bawa is related to jasmine - so don't say anything bout her

I used to know some guys from WizCraft who provided the event management for this concert

SS Pai - Hint Hint
I was in Nowros Wadia for 11 and 12 and then also attended his classes for one of the four Eng Math classes.

I still remember aage udi maarta ek kamti hota...

Old February 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I was in Nowros Wadia for 11 and 12 and then also attended his classes for one of the four Eng Math classes.

I still remember aage udi maarta ek kamti hota...

Damn! or karambolas bambeenaZ as moogie would say haha - What year Zorro ?
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Third Echelon

Been for an Indus Creed show at Med Grounds Pune. The only thing better than the music was having the gane ka juice outside in those tall glasses

Never liked chapati indian so never listened to his crap.
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

SS Pai - Hint Hint
Man !! I did my post-graduation from Wadia !

I think I know Moogat Sir, but did not attend his classes as I was in Comp Science Dept. We had Nimkar Sir though (Maths) in our Dept.

Last edited by ShivSainik; February 13th, 2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Third Echelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Man !! I did my post-graduation from Wadia !
Wadia...hmm. You are one lucky sob. They sure used to have some nice chicks in there. Met some at Black Cadillac years ago. Dont know if that watering hole is still there or not. Haven't been to Pune in over eight years.