eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is marriage a baggage we carry from the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Ok...I am loosing you. Are you saying that we marry only because we want to have sex?
legally ......

all the things emotional support and financial backup and having kids can be fulfilled without the marriage too. lawnmowing, gardening and snow removal can be given on contract, mortgages can be paid solely by one person too. the most important is having true friends. thats why I always say that if you HAVE To get married then marry ur best friend ( prefer opposite sex and single, age doesnt matter )

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok...I am loosing you. Are you saying that we marry only because we want to have sex?

No - I am saying that sex is the only thing exclusive in a marriage. In fact, a lot of women get married because they DONT want to have sex that much any more

Other than obvious things like abuse, infidelity is the one surefire way to divorce. No judge will ever deny a divorce petition that is due on infidelity.

When you really strip it down, sex - or sexual exclusivity - is the only defining part of a marriage. For everything else, you can have multiple partners.
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
legally ......

all the things emotional support and financial backup and having kids can be fulfilled without the marriage too. lawnmowing, gardening and snow removal can be given on contract, mortgages can be paid solely by one person too. the most important is having true friends. thats why I always say that if you HAVE To get married then marry ur best friend ( prefer opposite sex and single, age doesnt matter )

Marriage is business that has an illusion of pleasure at the outset. If you do business with your friend....first determine what you need the most (business or friend)
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
No - I am saying that sex is the only thing exclusive in a marriage. In fact, a lot of women get married because they DONT want to have sex that much any more

Other than obvious things like abuse, infidelity is the one surefire way to divorce. No judge will ever deny a divorce petition that is due on infidelity.

When you really strip it down, sex - or sexual exclusivity - is the only defining part of a marriage. For everything else, you can have multiple partners.
Oh ok, now I got you...Yeah, sex is the only thing exclusive in marriage. I would also like to think that, I am committed and would have a sense of security (how much ever false that is) that he/she would not leave as easily when in a wed-lock.
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh ok, now I got you...Yeah, sex is the only thing exclusive in marriage. I would also like to think that, I am committed and would have a sense of security (how much ever false that is) that he/she would not leave as easily when in a wed-lock.
Wedlock is like frontal handcuff....your hands are tried at front but you are free to move about and do many a things as opposed to handcuff at the back or on the feet

He/she if they leave...are no longer in wedlock...that is called divorce (or legal separation)
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you are saying that marriage is a handcuff that you get to place on your spouse? And someone was accusing ME of de-romanticizing the great institution!!
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a handcuff that you get to place on your spouse?
Whatever the couple does behind closed doors is their business...
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Wedlock is like frontal handcuff....your hands are tried at front but you are free to move about and do many a things as opposed to handcuff at the back or on the feet

He/she if they leave...are no longer in wedlock...that is called divorce (or legal separation)
Quote:
So you are saying that marriage is a handcuff that you get to place on your spouse? And someone was accusing ME of de-romanticizing the great institution!!
It completely depends on how you want to look at it; handcuff's or a strong bond
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:18 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
It completely depends on how you want to look at it; handcuff's or a strong bond
C'mon Rakhi, you two are saying the same thing. He is just spoofing it. Marriage is a bondage, legally a surrender to another's will, and finding one's own satisfaction within it. Frictions happen when the individual will precedence over the common will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
.I always say that if you HAVE To get married then marry ur best friend ( prefer opposite sex and single, age doesnt matter )
Disagree Sir. Are you married Premi? When two people are staying as close as husband and wife, there is bound to be frictions. At such times you need a friend. Also, if things go wrong, you lose a husband/ wife as well as a friend. Umpires should not be players. So, when husband and wife have a tiff, they may use their friends for sounding off, but can't use each other.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old June 29th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
When two people are staying as close as husband and wife, there is bound to be frictions. At such times you need a friend. Also, if things go wrong, you lose a husband/ wife as well as a friend. Umpires should not be players. So, when husband and wife have a tiff, they may use their friends for sounding off, but can't use each other.
The saying goes that if you really want to love a girl forever, you should marry her to your neighbour.