eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute
should india have relationship with countries praticing barbaric laws such as sharia?

sharia prescribes pretty cruel punishments such as amputing the arm and stoning people to death. while it is true that every country is sovereign, is it not true that having a diplomatic relationship with countries practicing such barbaric code gives them sanctity? in that past, countries have broken relationship with south africa because of apartheid, and a country with slavery would be completely outcast today. why does india need to have any relationship with countries that practice sharia? is it because india is poor or has some other compulsion? what about other countries that are wealthy?

also should religions practicing such barbaric code be banned?
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:25 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: should india have relationship with countries praticing barbaric laws such as sha

part of our oil comes from saudi arabia.....which has sharia laws.......if we cut off relations we might as well be ready to start travelling to our offices by bullock cart........
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Junior eCharchan

maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: should india have relationship with countries praticing barbaric laws such as sha

Whom ur saying barbaric......if u referring to Saudi or all Sharia follwing countries as barbaric then it is a big mistake.
U just compare the cirme rate there and here and as a matter of fact in any other non-sharia countries, u will be stunned the crime rate is so low and rare only due that laws.
btw i am not taking their sides in everything they do but i am completely in support of this kind of punishment system.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya View Post
Whom ur saying barbaric......if u referring to Saudi or all Sharia follwing countries as barbaric then it is a big mistake.
U just compare the cirme rate there and here and as a matter of fact in any other non-sharia countries, u will be stunned the crime rate is so low and rare only due that laws.
btw i am not taking their sides in everything they do but i am completely in support of this kind of punishment system.
maya, what is "this" kind of punishment?

I concur with Ashdoc.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Junior eCharchan

maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
maya, what is "this" kind of punishment?

I concur with Ashdoc.
The Sharia Punishment we are talking about....
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Sharia Punishment we are talking about....
You approve Sharia punishments? Like stoning to death or things like that? Why?
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
You approve Sharia punishments? Like stoning to death or things like that? Why?
Definitely since this kind of system gives u instant justice and proper punishment for the offence committed....so i am with it.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Definitely since this kind of system gives u instant justice and proper punishment for the offence committed....so i am with it.
Its not the mode of punishment that I necessarily have a problem with - its what is punishable under Sharia that I do have a problem with. Stoning to death or hanging to death for a murder or heinous rape, I'm ok with - same difference.

But getting stoned to death for adultery, or getting publicly flogged for talking to a member of the opposite sex who is not your sibling, getting sent to jail for praying to another God than allah etc etc - these are unacceptable.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Its not the mode of punishment that I necessarily have a problem with - its what is punishable under Sharia that I do have a problem with. Stoning to death or hanging to death for a murder or heinous rape, I'm ok with - same difference.

But getting stoned to death for adultery, or getting publicly flogged for talking to a member of the opposite sex who is not your sibling, getting sent to jail for praying to another God than allah etc etc - these are unacceptable.
Yes i am also with u to an extent in their law like speaking with opposite sex who is not ur sibling, and some others and adultery is a serious thing so should be punished like that only.

Last edited by maya; July 8th, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Its not the punishment per se but its what people are being punished for. For example, if a women is found in company of a male friend (note: just company...not really sexually involved, even if they are just having coffee) she would be stoned to death.

This is not justice....
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its not the punishment per se but its what people are being punished for. For example, if a women is found in company of a male friend (note: just company...not really sexually involved, even if they are just having coffee) she would be stoned to death.

This is not justice....
Are you stalking me today? You are just repeating everything I say.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Are you stalking me today? You are just repeating everything I say.
Sorry . You are too fast today, what should I do!
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:29 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry . You are too fast today, what should I do!
Stop stalking him. You'll get stoned to death
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
crime rate is low! lol! sexual crimes against women and harrassment crimes against minorities are rampant in these countries.

Women dont report rapes and other sexual crimes because they dont have a fair voice under sharia. Where the hell will you bring 4 male witness to testify for you?

Immigrant workers are harassed and used as slaves with low pay and improper work environment. They passports are seized and they effectively are trapped. Religious freedom is non-existent for non-muslims. You cant have any articles associated with other religions. Religious police routinely harass and search homes of non-muslims.

Crime rate is not the amount crimes reported! Its the amount of crimes taking places. This number aint small in sharia countries. Its just utterly under-reported.

WTF are you talking about when you say low crime rate? You have enjoyed far too much freedom under democracy and free society. Time for you to stay in one of these countries and 'enjoy' this punishment system!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
crime rate is low! lol! sexual crimes against women and harrassment crimes against minorities are rampant in these countries.

Women dont report rapes and other sexual crimes because they dont have a fair voice under sharia. Where the hell will you bring 4 male witness to testify for you?

Immigrant workers are harassed and used as slaves with low pay and improper work environment. They passports are seized and they effectively are trapped. Religious freedom is non-existent for non-muslims. You cant have any articles associated with other religions. Religious police routinely harass and search homes of non-muslims.

Crime rate is not the amount crimes reported! Its the amount of crimes taking places. This number aint small in sharia countries. Its just utterly under-reported.

WTF are you talking about when you say low crime rate? You have enjoyed far too much freedom under democracy and free society. Time for you to stay in one of these countries and 'enjoy' this punishment system!

And you are forgetting the biggest crime of all, Rameshpai .....

Keeping their delicious, sexy, utterly fookable chicks all wrapped up in full body covers. This is a crime against humanity, I tell ya!!!