eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old May 20th, 2005, 11:34 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Do you use "Bluetooth" Technology in any of your applications?

I suppose many have heard about "Bluetooth" technology. How many of us really use this in our everyday life?

Quote:

Description of Bluetooth

Bluetooth wireless technology is a short-range radio technology. Bluetooth wireless technology makes it possible to transmit signals over short distances between telephones, computers and other devices and thereby simplify communication and synchronization between devices. It is a global standard that:

1) Eliminates wires and cables between both stationary and mobile devices.
2) Facilitates both data and voice communication.
3) Offers the possibility of ad hoc networks and delivers the ultimate synchronicity between all your personal devices.

The Bluetooth wireless technology comprises hardware, software and interoperability requirements. Beyond unleashing devices by replacing cables, Bluetooth wireless technology provides a universal bridge to existing data networks, a peripheral interface, and a mechanism to form small private ad hoc groupings of connected devices away from fixed network infrastructures.
Bluetooth radio uses a fast acknowledgement and frequency-hopping scheme to make the link robust, even in noisy radio environments.

Why the name? The system is named after a Danish king Harald Blåtand (Harold Bluetooth in English), King of Denmark and Norway from 935 and 936 respectively, to 940 known for his unification of previously warring tribes from Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Bluetooth likewise was intended to unify different technologies like computers and mobile phones. The Bluetooth logo merges the Nordic runes for H and B.
As for me, I use my handsfree bluetooth headset, while driving. Its convenient to synchronize with my cellphone & attend to calls or make calls with my hands on the wheel. Just clip it on the ear & its done. No hassles of wires & its compliant with the local law which forbids usage of cellphones while driving.

Please give in your contributions if you use this technology in any application.

Below: The Bluetooth Headset HBH-65
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hbh65.jpg (6.6 KB, 14 views)
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
Re: Do you use "Bluetooth" Technology in any of your applications?

I use it all the time with my cell phone as well. Love not having to deal with wires! The earpiece is very comfortable too and not like the wired one's which keep falling out of ur ear.....