eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old August 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

brigand is on a distinguished road
Astrology is bullshit!!

It is amazing how many people peg their hopes on Astrology. Astrology is nothing but utter nonsense. There is nothing even remotely scientific about it. It would be okay if people read horoscope just for fun or timepass. But people make lifechanging decisions based on this bullcrap and that simply amazes me.

PEOPLE PICK OR DROP LIFEPARTNERS BASED ON ASTROLOGY: couples are matched on chuttees gunn based on planetary alignments. What nonsense? I say, f*ck each other 36 times and if you can still remain attracted to each other, get married.

PEOPLE NAME THEIR CHILDREN BASED ON ASTROLOGY: Damn! name your child based on your personal values and choice. Dont let astrology dictate your child's name

PEOPLE MAKE CRITICAL BUSINESS DECISIONS BASED ON ASTROLOGY: Based on planetary conditions, people make decisions on investing in a project or stock, buying property, etc. Idiots!

People rely on blind faith for direction. That is why they never really end up anywhere.

Will this nonsense ever come to an end?
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Astrology is bullshit!!

Astrology is bullshit!!

It surely is!!
I don't read it even for timepass.
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
Astrology is bullshit!!

It surely is!!

Yup.

But does put the bread on the table of lot of families.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Astrology is bullshit!!

Astrology is real !
It can guess the "general tendencies" of human.
btw ..are you guys proud to be hindus or ashamed to be hindus type? Which type

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Junior eCharchan

amishomu is on a distinguished road

It can be a long debate. 'Faith' is the keyword here.

For the logical minds, there is a high tide or low tide due to moon, which is a hevaenly body. Just come to think of it, when moon's movement makes a difference to something as vast as ocean, don't you think this also impacts us, when 75% of our body is water.

If you get deeper into it, you'll see there is a strong science behind it and you'll be proud that even 5 to 6 thousand years ago our astronomical science was so advanced. The distance between Sun and Moon and other planets were evident to them at that time when the westerners were roaming in leaves and doing Jhinga-la-la (agahast they are still roaming in leaves and have found some Indians to accompany them)
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Good for those who feel that Astrology is nothing but a hoax.

Good also for those who believe in Astrology as they feel they are being offered a vision of time. Maybe they have validated it once or twice and found it worthwhile to have such a faith?
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari
Good also for those who believe in Astrology as they feel they are being offered a vision of time. Maybe they have validated it once or twice and found it worthwhile to have such a faith?
Not once or twice, I feel if it is written in my forcast " baatchit main sanyam rakhe"(a.k.a muh sambhal ke baat kar), that day I am bound to have a tiff with somebody. And even if it is not written there.....still i do have it.

And if it is written ruka hua dhan milega....I go check if it is hubby's pay day. If it is not.... I know it is written for somebody who is coming to collect the pending bill.

So in my two cents worth of opinion astrology is 50-50.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian
Astrology is real !
If being a Hindu means belief in Astrology, then please categorize me as 'ashamed to be Hindu'.
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishomu
It can be a long debate. 'Faith' is the keyword here.

For the logical minds, there is a high tide or low tide due to moon, which is a hevaenly body. Just come to think of it, when moon's movement makes a difference to something as vast as ocean, don't you think this also impacts us, when 75% of our body is water.

If you get deeper into it, you'll see there is a strong science behind it and you'll be proud that even 5 to 6 thousand years ago our astronomical science was so advanced. The distance between Sun and Moon and other planets were evident to them at that time when the westerners were roaming in leaves and doing Jhinga-la-la (agahast they are still roaming in leaves and have found some Indians to accompany them)
Well! It may be possible that moon conditions have an impact on moods. But so does the weather. When its extremely cold and gloomy, I feel terrible. BUT I DONT PICK MY LIFEPARTNER BASED ON THE WEATHER!!

ASTROLOGY IS NOT A SCIENCE. Both these words should never be put in the same sentence. The only scientific aspect of it is the plotting of the stars and planets (star map) and the periodic calculations. Both are significant achievements. Extending it beyong the pure science and trying to associate human behaviour or events with astral alignment gives me nausea.

And its about time, we got over our 6000 year old achievements. We need new achievements and a fresh perspective.

Last edited by brigand; August 25th, 2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Astrology is real !
How does it guess 'general tendencies'?
And your question is excellent,dude!!
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
How does it guess 'general tendencies'?
And your question is excellent,dude!!
Boss..
Technically ....I dont know how does it guess the tendencies. I can explain you only when i read the subject and understand it. Somebody up above said..its faith. yes..in my case its faith and i dont give 50-50 thing to this. I give 100%.
I have extreme faith in astrology. Why my faith ? I just listen to the astrologer and compare with incidents in my life. I was once on the other side of fence, but now i am on this side. sorry ..i cannot explain you further on this and convince you.

And ...about the question
I beleive astrology an age old practise of hindus and so the question to hindus here. Also ..there is always this question in lot of threads here. I thought i should also ask this Q, or else some fundamentalist will say that i am not a GOOD HINDU !

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

There are some amazing things astrologers tell you. If you (non believer) meet the right one (astrologer), one might change his/her views totally .
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Boss..
Technically ....I dont know how does it guess the tendencies. I can explain you only when i read the subject and understand it. Somebody up above said..its faith. yes..in my case its faith and i dont give 50-50 thing to this. I give 100%.
I have extreme faith in astrology. Why my faith ? I just listen to the astrologer and compare with incidents in my life. I was once on the other side of fence, but now i am on this side. sorry ..i cannot explain you further on this and convince you.
One thing is for sure,once you stop believing in astrology,you will feel more freedom and in better control of yourself.
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

I had a chinese friend who once told me that she didn't belive in Reiki as she was Christian.

Just for your instrospection... is your disbelief also for such a stupid reason? Is belonging to a different faith a sufficient reason to doubt something which is considered as "Knowledge" in someone else's religion?

Astrology is embedded in Hinduism... a part of religious scriptures. I guess astrology is also part of many other religions too.

-- corrected typos
Old August 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
But does put the bread on the table of lot of families.
Food for thought...

Hinduism forbids anybody who make an earning out of astrology (specifically the knowledge of reading Indian astral charts). Anybody who does so have to face the financial misery in the same lifetime.

It seems to be true too... A lot of pandits who earl livelyhood out of reading and creating astral charts lead life in poverty. So it seems, astrologers have found a workaround for this too... They give free consultation... but charge for remedial measures.