eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Writing a strong "I am dissappointed in you" letter to HR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Nothing we are talking about here is going to help you in any way. Just wanted to know and compare to what happens here.

You should be able to opt out of the disability insurance. Show proof of coverage to your HR.
I did. many of us did. Apparently, its take it or leave the company as nothing is being done.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Rakhiji, HR can't do much about this.. it all depends on what your company people can bargain with the insurance company, what your company is ready to contribute and the number of full-time employees in the company.. if you work in a big company (> 4K employees) you will generally pay quite less and vice versa.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Rakhiji, HR can't do much about this.. it all depends on what your company people can bargain with the insurance company, what your company is ready to contribute and the number of full-time employees in the company.. if you work in a big company (> 4K employees) you will generally pay quite less and vice versa.
I do work with a very big company Sarvi...lot more than >4k.
Basically, what you are saying is...I am screwed.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I do work with a very big company Sarvi...lot more than >4k.
Basically, what you are saying is...I am screwed.
living in North America is a screwing experience anyway.. the first few years one ignores or doesn't take note of such stuff or is young.. but there's a time when you realize the cold hard truth (even colder in Canada) of living in the americas.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 23rd, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM

I was watching something that is related to this thread.. how american healthcare systems have their hands in our pockets.. spare 5 minutes and watch this.

Who profits off your hospital bills?

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...art-2.cnn.html
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
All these years, we had the best insurance coverage (through flex-benefits). This year, so many things have changed and even if you choose the basic coverage (medical+dental) which covers only up to 80%, its still costing close to $200 per month. I am outraged and I feel for so many of my colleagues.

It gets progressively worse as you add dependents to your list. So many employees are literally crying, not being able to afford these plans. So many of them have already written letters to the employer saying that they cannot manage with the expensive plan. I want to write a letter too. But I am not able to find any strong words (not rude, I just need strong lines).

My colleague, who is a clerk and making basic wages is planning on quitting. She is a single mother or 3 and she cannot afford this. This is the same case for sooooo many employees.

these plans are mandatory. You cannot choose out.

Any advises?

$200 per month and you are whining?
Thats nothing compared to 95% of the insurances.
Get me a job in your company.

but wait......you are in kanneda...I don't want those freakin kannedian winters.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
everyone of guys who have posted in this thread is paying lesser than what I pay.
I was happy till now.Now I have to do something about it.
You paying 800 or more a month? Either it's a Cadillac Plan or any pre-existing conditions? You sure need to do something about it!!
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
everyone of guys who have posted in this thread is paying lesser than what I pay.
I was happy till now.Now I have to do something about it.
Are you on 100% coverage plan? Also, I think most of the companies ask you to pay as per the number of dependents. Like Virgo said, perhaps its got to do with pre-existing conditions. $800 a month sounds too high.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
$200 per month and you are whining?
Thats nothing compared to 95% of the insurances.
Get me a job in your company.

but wait......you are in kanneda...I don't want those freakin kannedian winters.
Have you read any of my subsequent posts? Perhaps then you will understand why I am 'whining'.