eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old September 7th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What book are you all reading?

Just finishing up "This was a Man" by Jeffrey Archer. One of the best writers we have... though there is really nothing in the story itself... just some incidents and happenings in a family.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Just finishing up "This was a Man" by Jeffrey Archer. One of the best writers we have... though there is really nothing in the story itself... just some incidents and happenings in a family.

did you read the whole series? I am currently on book 5. I used to like Jeffrey Archer from his Kane and Abel, prodigal daughter, not a penny more not a penny less days.

Clifton Chronicles are a little boring in comparison.
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am reading the Rewinder Series currently.

Finished Rewinder which piqued my interest. Interesting concepts of timelines. went on to Destroyer - better than rewinder in some parts. now on to Survivor, supposed to be the last one.
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I am reading the Rewinder Series currently.

Finished Rewinder which piqued my interest. Interesting concepts of timelines. went on to Destroyer - better than rewinder in some parts. now on to Survivor, supposed to be the last one.
what is the book about?
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
did you read the whole series? I am currently on book 5. I used to like Jeffrey Archer from his Kane and Abel, prodigal daughter, not a penny more not a penny less days.

Clifton Chronicles are a little boring in comparison.
Not the whole series. Just a book here or there... as I can lay my hands on them. Agreed that his earlier books were more fun... had a story... a plan... some suspense. The Clifton series books are just an everyday narration in the life of a family. What I like is his writing style... and that's what makes me get his books whenever I can.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 11th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
what is the book about?
Rewinder starts off being about an alternate world where US is still a british colony. An institute offers verifying/recording history for people who can pay and sends its people back in time to view and record what happens.
this guy traces back certain things and finds a specific thing - which if avoided can create a completely different future.

next 2 books are what he does - ofcourse there are villains in the story, there there are complications about how he travels in time and has more than 1 of himself in that time and so on.
Old September 12th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

My degree of Luxury and comfort zone level remains a way high,.. and that prevails me,.. from reading any book, unless it’s really really interesting,… More stuff now-a-days is available in video, audio, movies and documentaries,…. Whenever I read any TOI news or IE’s news article,.. I also take a overall glace and gist abort what he is trying to say,… ! It’s just costs too much for labor,…. and mind and brain-work, to read the book and make and send a picture on behind the screen brain-retina,.. !

Recently,…. load and lots of popular all books of Chetan Bhagat, due to its wide popularity I borrowed from library,…out of curiosity,…. but within 5-10 minutes of overall glance and his style, language and way of chapters and making characters,.. I spent 10-12 minutes on each and threw it aside, having a hint. Too much junk to read of one’s verbal diarrhea …. I can’t violate my comfort zone and degree of luxury,… especially when the works/job’s unpleasant fakks you daily and there’s no escape,… One’s tendency should be to relieve oneself from such unnecessary headache and mental pains,… I quit reading from ( Madho singh and Chambal’s Daku, Meghani literature and other intelli. Story books,.. long long ago,… and now would not prefer reading any books,….. I have thrown away that idea into the gutter,… a long ago,… soon after the audio cassettes had started ,… and had had started listening the abstracted materials in audio,… Morari Bapu, instead of reading Bhagwat, Ramayan, Vedas and other boredom,..
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Oh, how we here at echarcha.com wish that you had read books, Logmeinzealo pai

Old September 12th, 2017, 12:37 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Oh, how we here at echarcha.com wish that you had read books, Logmeinzealo pai
he is one of those who write books, not into reading binnes.
Old September 12th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius
Too much junk to read of one’s verbal diarrhea ....

Sent from my iPhone.
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
My degree of Luxury and comfort zone level remains a way high,.. and that prevails me,.. from reading any book, unless it’s really really interesting,… More stuff now-a-days is available in video, audio, movies and documentaries,…. Whenever I read any TOI news or IE’s news article,.. I also take a overall glace and gist abort what he is trying to say,… ! It’s just costs too much for labor,…. and mind and brain-work, to read the book and make and send a picture on behind the screen brain-retina,.. !

Recently,…. load and lots of popular all books of Chetan Bhagat, due to its wide popularity I borrowed from library,…out of curiosity,…. but within 5-10 minutes of overall glance and his style, language and way of chapters and making characters,.. I spent 10-12 minutes on each and threw it aside, having a hint. Too much junk to read of one’s verbal diarrhea …. I can’t violate my comfort zone and degree of luxury,… especially when the works/job’s unpleasant fakks you daily and there’s no escape,… One’s tendency should be to relieve oneself from such unnecessary headache and mental pains,… I quit reading from ( Madho singh and Chambal’s Daku, Meghani literature and other intelli. Story books,.. long long ago,… and now would not prefer reading any books,….. I have thrown away that idea into the gutter,… a long ago,… soon after the audio cassettes had started ,… and had had started listening the abstracted materials in audio,… Morari Bapu, instead of reading Bhagwat, Ramayan, Vedas and other boredom,..
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

that explains it, you dont even read your own posts after writing them - so you dont know how difficult it is to read them and understand what you are trying to say!

ummm I am not having a dig at you. just mentioning a fact.

but now I wonder if you even read other people's posts so maybe you wouldn't read this either...
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Started reading The fourth friend. Has good reviews and seems ok for starters. Dont know how it will pan out.