eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old July 6th, 2007, 09:59 PM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Rangeela Rasool

Did anyone read the book "Rangeela Rasool" published by one Raj Pal. If you are wondering who Raj Pal is here is some information around him. This is a story during 1920s. Raj Pal may be considered one of the first Vincent van Gogh's of the modern era.

Several cases of Blasphemy against prophet were registered under the same section during that period. Out of all, the most famous case was registered against a publisher "Raj Pal". Raj Pal published a book "Rangeela Rasool". Case was registered against him under section 153 of Indian Penal Code as a result of several protest and complaints by the local and national Muslim organisations. Session court Lahore found him guilty and sentenced him and Raj Pal appealed against the decision of Session Court in the Lahore High court (AIR 1927 LAHORE 250). Appeal was heard by Judge Daleep Singh in The Lahore High court who gave leave to appeal on the grounds that on the basis of criticism against the religious leaders, no matter how immoral it is, is not covered by S.153 of the Indian Penal Code. Therefore, Raj Pal could not be sentenced as law did not cover blasphemous criticism against religion. High Court decision was widely criticised and protests were made against it by Muslims of India. All these protests and agitation resulted in Raj pal's death in 1929. A Muslim Ghzi Ilm Din killed Raj Pal on 6th September 1929. Ilm Din was sentenced to death on 29th May 1929 by Lahore session court. Appeal was lodged which was conducted by Mohammed Ali Jinnah to challenge the decision on the basis that it was not an intentional murder and death sentence can not be given. Appeal was heard by Justice Broadway and Justice John Stone and on 17th July 1929 appeal was dismissed. Further appeal to Privy council was refused on 5th November 1929 and at last on 31st October 1929 Ilm Din was sentenced to death.

Last edited by 2gud; July 6th, 2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Junior eCharchan

jayshah is on a distinguished road
Re: Rangeela Rasool

hello, i do have the origianla copy scanned. i can send you and anybody else who is interested in reading it.
the book is in hindi.
Jay
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

You are very welcome on this board Jay....I hope you'll like it here...well, I guess you're welcome to post the copy here.....there should not be any copyright issue as the book is very old.... anyways check your pvt message..sending you my email id...

Old May 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshah
hello, i do have the origianla copy scanned. i can send you and anybody else who is interested in reading it.
the book is in hindi.
Jay
Welcome... Please scan the copy and let us know. If you can convert it to PDF format then we can put it up here for all of us.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:58 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
......All these protests and agitation resulted in Raj pal's death in 1929. A Muslim Ghzi Ilm Din killed Raj Pal on 6th September 1929. Ilm Din was sentenced to death on 29th May 1929 by Lahore session court. Appeal was lodged which was conducted by Mohammed Ali Jinnah to challenge the decision on the basis that it was not an intentional murder and death sentence can not be given. Appeal was heard by Justice Broadway and Justice John Stone and on 17th July 1929 appeal was dismissed. Further appeal to Privy council was refused on 5th November 1929 and at last on 31st October 1929 Ilm Din was sentenced to death.
can U please explain this ???

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:44 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshah
the book is in hindi.
Jay
Please, please... I am curious to see what he wrote so as to draw such wide protests that ultimately got him killed....
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Bandook Singh

deshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.scribd.com/doc/376291/Rangeela-Rasool
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
Please, please... I am curious to see what he wrote so as to draw such wide protests that ultimately got him killed....
long time no see!
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshpremi
superb link that sheds light on otherwise dark side of Mohammed (the creator of Islam)
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Junior eCharchan

roshnitankha is on a distinguished road

Last edited by roshnitankha; September 4th, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshnitankha View Post
hi,
Im roshni tankha from mumbai. I also want this book to read-Rangeela rasool. can u plse email this to me?
Here is a link
http://esnips.co.il/doc/a0311a36-49f.../RangeelaRasul
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

link not working.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
link not working.
I posted the wrong link only to get Roshantanker tai to post again... let's see if the ploy works.

Edit: oops... wrong id.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
WTF?

Koi "Item" id ne kuchh maangaa tow link de dalli.

And if a "dude" ID asked for something....tow....blah...blah...this is not fokut site...we don't do this and that....etc...etc....
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
link not working.
It is working.. I just checked.

And Amtha... main tondu peat walon ko fukkat mein entertain nahi karta