eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old July 30th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Fire drill at work place…

This morning we had a fire drill…It went on just fine but I noticed that the point where we were supposed to gather for the head count is hardly 100 m away from the building. What if the building explodes? What is the point in gathering so close to the building? That was scary…

How about your workplaces respectively?
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fire drill at work place…

Did you forget its a drill? If its real you can run away once you are out of the building. Remember frantic running? No not while in the building but once out you can practice it.

Keep it simple. Staying in US, Canada, UK, etc sometime makes you to to think like robots. Use your desi brains.

My university building had a fire once in the chemistry lab. The alarms went off, so we went down the stairs and away from the building.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
This morning we had a fire drill…It went on just fine but I noticed that the point where we were supposed to gather for the head count is hardly 100 m away from the building. What if the building explodes? What is the point in gathering so close to the building? That was scary…

How about your workplaces respectively?
down the memory lane....

I remeber...when I was working @ 3com, we moved to this new plant in winter, and every freakin week, there was false alarm, and had to go out without grabbing coats in Chicago wether.......
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
down the memory lane....

I remeber...when I was working @ 3com, we moved to this new plant in winter, and every freakin week, there was false alarm, and had to go out without grabbing coats in Chicago wether.......

thats why I always take keys to my table and hang one of my jackets on my chair all the time in winter.... I know these guys ll look for a better day for their drill but the real one I dont want to run without jacket and without keys to my car where after head count I can go n sit in there in severe weather.....
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
down the memory lane....

next time something like this happens 'every week' then bunch of guys should actually do this..

1. everytime alarm goes then one guy should collapse and act as if he got a panic attack (if he is really good in acting then cardiac arrest)
2. a girl member should 'faint' seeing this..
3. another guy in the meantime should get an asthma attack seeing these two go down...

repeat it a few time with more innovative and different ideas!! That way you will give company management real practical trg in dealing with real emergencies during fire drill!!

4.Also if you are carrying a lighter than break its seal and pour the contents onto a female employees skirt (or your enemy) and set it on fire while making exit....do it very secretly...and do it only once!!! afteral its a 'fire' drill !!! before that make sure that CCTV camera is not focussing on you

5. straightaway head for parking lot..take out your vehicle and head home...tell the guys that you love your car and in no-way you would have left it at mercy of fire-fighters !

6. also its a good time to deliberately injure your enemy by giving 'adangi' ( I dunno what to call it in english )

7. also you can create a scene saying 'my work is more important than my life' and refuse to move unless 4 people comee and take you out....

anyways you should do all these things if you already have a good offer from some other company...

Last edited by sprite; July 30th, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
next time something like this happens 'every week' then bunch of guys should actually do this..

1. everytime alarm goes then one guy should collapse and act as if he got a panic attack (if he is really good in acting then cardiac arrest)
3. another guy in the meantime should get an asthma attack seeing these two go down...

repeat it a few time with more innovative and different ideas!! That way you will give company management real practical trg in dealing with real emergencies during fire drill!!

4.Also if you are carrying a lighter than break its seal and pour the contents onto a female employees skirt (or your enemy) and set it on fire while making exit....do it very secretly...and do it only once!!! afteral its a 'fire' drill !!! before that make sure that CCTV camera is not focussing on you

5. straightaway head for parking lot..take out your vehicle and head home...tell the guys that you love your car and in no-way you would have left it at mercy of fire-fighters !

6. also its a good time to deliberately injure your enemy by giving 'adangi' ( I dunno what to call it in english )

7. also you can create a scene saying 'my work is more important than my life' and refuse to move unless 4 people comee and take you out....

anyways you should do all these things if you already have a good offer from some other company...
abe tu to marvayega...

One intelligent chap was talking on the phone in the corridor in our dept. While talking he just pulled the fire alarm switch without realizing. Our building was old and so fire alarms were not enclosed in glass or plastic casing. Anyways back to story, the alarm went off and one old secretary in our dept got so shocked that she had a cardiac arrest and died on the way to hospital. Now our Mr. Smart Pants had some blue ink sprayed on his hands, proof that it was he who pulled the switch. Cops got hold of him and he had to do like 200 hours of community service. Lesson learnt big time.
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
abe tu to marvayega...

One intelligent chap was talking on the phone in the corridor in our dept. While talking he just pulled the fire alarm switch without realizing. Our building was old and so fire alarms were not enclosed in glass or plastic casing. Anyways back to story, the alarm went off and one old secretary in our dept got so shocked that she had a cardiac arrest and died on the way to hospital. Now our Mr. Smart Pants had some blue ink sprayed on his hands, proof that it was he who pulled the switch. Cops got hold of him and he had to do like 200 hours of community service. Lesson learnt big time.
lol

but one should make these drills interesting. atleast 'moonwalk' untill you are out of building or spread rumour that 'xyz' is struck badly in between flames and struggling badly (make sure no guy with name exist)...that would make it lil interesting for people who walks out with that 'another-fu(king-false-alarm' kinda expression...
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post

Looks like you got plenty of time today. Shaane...yeh sab karke dikhaanaa kabhi.
Lene ke den pad jaayenge.
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Looks like you got plenty of time today. Shaane...yeh sab karke dikhaanaa kabhi.
Lene ke den pad jaayenge.
i know that.....but i sincerely wish these things were possible
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

I still remember fire drill in my NY office It was f*king cold outside in month of Jan and they made us climb down from 20th floor and walk upto Central park (half mile). When we reached our building back there was huge crowd waiting for elevators, so we decided to take another elevator upto 6th floor and climb up 14 floors Bad bad planning
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Rakhiji ... what about my two coconuts?

Serious ... I asked Brahmin and he said to throw in the water. I will have to go middle of the night so no one sees me throwing in the water. You know how people feel about polluting the waters ... though ... coconuts are all natural.

Thanks.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post

Serious ... I asked Brahmin and he said to throw in the water. I will have to go middle of the night so no one sees me throwing in the water. You know how people feel about polluting the waters ... though ... coconuts are all natural.

Thanks.
Mommy is saying she doesn't know what to do now ji
So I am still trying to reach my grand-ma to know the answer.
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post

Thanks.
hmmm....take a good bath (scrub with pumice stone) and then head for community swimming pool...simple!!
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:24 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fire drill at work place…

Quote:
Mommy is saying she doesn't know what to do now ji
So I am still trying to reach my grand-ma to know the answer.
Rakhiji ... I am not being superstitious ... nothing like that. Just want to do the right thing. Dhurendherbhai says: Coconut represents a man's submission at the feet of Gods, or letting go of egos. You wrote: Coconut used in prayers is to trap evil or negative forces.

Your granny is now my only hope.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
.not blood-hungry like a few people in this word are. You very well know whom am i talking about.
I thought you were in love with vampires and hold them in high regard