eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Client Documents

Okay this is not for me. I have a job. So dont start dancing around. My friend is looking for a job. He is a Business Analyst in IT. He is being asked to submit "documents" . So he called me....... Now, I am in IT but I have not worked more in enterprise setting so I have never submited proof of my work to anyone. Now, my question is , how can someone ask for this ? Isn't it kind of immoral ? That's the problem my freind has, he has been consultant but he has not retained all of his cleint documents . Is it normal for recruiters or other companies to show them your work ? Isn't the work that you do for other companies their property and you are not allowed to take it with you ?

Explain to me please .....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Client Documents

Be careful It could be a TRAP to see if your friend is ready to leak Client Confidential documents (Totally illegal and punishable by LAW).

I think it is called "Intellectual property law"

Tell your friend if he has some appreciation emails, or certificates of appreciation as his good work. He should only use them.
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Okay this is not for me. I have a job. So dont start dancing around. My friend is looking for a job. He is a Business Analyst in IT. He is being asked to submit "documents" . So he called me....... Now, I am in IT but I have not worked more in enterprise setting so I have never submited proof of my work to anyone. Now, my question is , how can someone ask for this ? Isn't it kind of immoral ? That's the problem my freind has, he has been consultant but he has not retained all of his cleint documents . Is it normal for recruiters or other companies to show them your work ? Isn't the work that you do for other companies their property and you are not allowed to take it with you ?

Explain to me please .....
Thats becuase they cant do an impartial job verification. They cannot call the client to verify that the guy worked there since he was not their employee. They can ask his employer, but that is a conflict of interest since they are the ones who stand to make money if he is placed. Hence, for consultants/contractors it is always important to get an "experience letter" when leaving a client. Does not have to be a reference letter, just two lines that state - so-and-so worked at XYZ company as a consultant doing Java programming.
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of documents is he being asked? reference letters? or design/requirement document type etc related to his work?
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he can get refrances but they are asking for a "Sample of His Work", which is weird as he has not bothered to keep any of his previous works. But this guy is Indian and all the recruiters are desis. Even if he talks about "Intellectual Property" the recriuters are saying sorry but the client is asking for it. For instance he applied for a project with Toyota and recruiter came back saying , they want to see a sample of all the uses cases he has done and what kind of complexity he has managed.

So I talked my another friend who is in recruiting and they said all recruiters are worried about fake resumes and fake experaicne . So I said then why the hell you guys dont weed someone out in interview ....... I mean it takes me 3 minutes to figure out real from fake......

Man ! desi have managed to screw up the IT market...
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
what kind of documents is he being asked? reference letters? or design/requirement document type etc related to his work?
Design documents type....... See above.....
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Love Saneless

Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't reference/experience letters help?! Who asks for "sample of work"!! .. isnt it kind of immoral?!
Never heard of this before..
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Hence, for consultants/contractors it is always important to get an "experience letter" when leaving a client. Does not have to be a reference letter, just two lines that state - so-and-so worked at XYZ company as a consultant doing Java programming.
excellento

exactly my reply.

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes he can get refrances but they are asking for a "Sample of His Work", which is weird as he has not bothered to keep any of his previous works.
simple answer - thats classified info and I dont carry work I did there with me after I leave the client. check the references. they will tell you my work. interview me and I can explain what I have done.

but no samples... and tell the desis invloved to tell their clients and those "clients" will understand this.
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes he can get refrances but they are asking for a "Sample of His Work", which is weird as he has not bothered to keep any of his previous works. But this guy is Indian and all the recruiters are desis. Even if he talks about "Intellectual Property" the recriuters are saying sorry but the client is asking for it. For instance he applied for a project with Toyota and recruiter came back saying , they want to see a sample of all the uses cases he has done and what kind of complexity he has managed.

So I talked my another friend who is in recruiting and they said all recruiters are worried about fake resumes and fake experaicne . So I said then why the hell you guys dont weed someone out in interview ....... I mean it takes me 3 minutes to figure out real from fake......

May be the employers are doodh ke jale.

After all these gultis screwing around and faking the resumes, I don't blame them for asking for more documents.
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
simple answer - thats classified info and I dont carry work I did there with me after I leave the client. check the references. they will tell you my work. interview me and I can explain what I have done.

but no samples... and tell the desis invloved to tell their clients and those "clients" will understand this.
Thank You . That's what I advised him but I was surprised on how unscrupolous these recruiters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post

After all these gultis screwing around and faking the resumes, I don't blame them for asking for more documents.
Yup that happened to me once. The guy who showed up for the job was not the guy who took interview..... Maybe I posted that incident here...
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post

they can ask more documents for reference or authenticity check, but they cant ask for documents that belong to the previous employers.
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

I am willing to bet 1$ that dirty's friend will not be offered the job once he has given these documents - no matter what their quality....
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Even if your friend does get whatever client documents the recruiter is asking for, what's the proof that he actually wrote those documents? He can steal any document and say he wrote it.

Moron recuiter and moron client. Tell your friend to get the hell out.
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I hate desis from the bottom of my heart. Rather than looking at potential, they are always looking at history. Dumbasses.