eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old November 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SHRAD - to honor ancestors and departed elders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
Tanteshwar majaraj.. there is nothing to find about.. TIL represents a) Sri Devi i.e vishnu's wife and since it is believed moksha is achieved by reaching vaikuntha, having sridevi with you forces vishnu to take the person along with them. It therefore represents immortality i.e post death.. which means moksha.

Mahalya amavasaya is called sarva pitra moksha amavasya and is considered very auspicious. And rakhi ji, I stand corrected.. not only suicide, but violent death also gets that caturdasi day.. war/calamities/accidents. There are other days for childern below 1 year, women who did not attain widow hood i.e passed away before their hubby. etc etc.

The main reason (logical one) is..all crops are iffy and fail miserably when in drought but til is very drought resistant and very high in nutitious content including amino acids and in olden days, if there were sever drought only rice and til survived usually and so rice and til pindas were precribed for such MUST rituals. In hinduism, all poojas are optional.. ganashe chatrurti etc et.. but sharda and tarpans were must.

Also any thithi over 10.. ekadashi thru amavasya are all considered apt for rituals that are sharada kinds.. there are exceptions like duadashi but most of them are that.
you are making it sound as if Sridevi was a slut and Vishnu a cuckold
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Nope..vishnu was jeetendra.. his kid is tussssshaar...
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
we call each other "hun"...now dont derail the thread
Why would you call each other that Huns were utterly cruel and barbarian... maybe second only to the mongols and maybe the vikings. That is pretty brash and rash to call each other hun... me thinks.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

I had a simlar (not same) comment but seeing it was rakhiji, I chose to refrain.. she would have felt bad.. jaane de
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Abe Pelu tu Techie hai? Pilot hai? Yaa fir karmakaandi brahmin hai?

Eetnaa detail!!!!!!
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had a simlar (not same) comment but seeing it was rakhiji, I chose to refrain.. she would have felt bad.. jaane de
That's because you see a lady behind the ID and I just see a ID behind the ID. ID ID mein pharak hai. And I would rather she calls me the full "honey" and not just "hun" so requesting her to start training right now

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Abe Pelu tu Techie hai? Pilot hai? Yaa fir karmakaandi brahmin hai?

Eetnaa detail!!!!!!
None of the above and all of the above.. IAF ne pilot bana diyaa, brahmin practicing parivar se hoon to brahmin bana diyaa, aur hobby ne hacker bana diyaa. I know finance laws, science (quantum and nuclear physics in particular and medicine in general, exotic chemistry used in chewtiyagiri) etc etc.. I keep reading man.. chipak jaata hai dimag mein. And I don't mind the subject I am reading at all.. no holds barred there.. sab chalta hai.

Last edited by GpeL; November 12th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Women always deserve and get respect. Believe it or not, I used to call my late wife (her name) ji.. not just by her name.. say for example her name is abc.. I would call her abcji.. not hey abc come here. it would be always abcji mind coming here please. Just cos she is my wife does not mean I have the right to disrespect her.. and I was given the same respect. Never can remember her ONCE calling me by my first name.
Abe ..... Ye kab ho gayaa?

Are you serious.....! How!
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Pelu Pelu

2008 April big C got her.
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

Quote:
2008 April big C got her.

Sorry for you and kids, brother. God bless her soul.
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Pelu Pelu

Kids thankfully were too young to understand death and such... and are now well adjusted minus one irritant.. both go to school and privy alone for all the rest appaji is needed.. no ifs no buts no butts.. nothing doing.. be it homework, lunch, dinner, breakfast, tea etc etc.. appaji has to serve food appaji has to mix their bournvita appaji has to select their dresses and appaji has to stand outside the privy..

And this ji phenomena is so ingrained I have heard.. appa look at tuffyji (the dog)..

once crying.. appaji arnavji (arnav is 3 years younger than my kids and is my nephew ne maar diya..

appaji the xboxji is acting up.. so xbox also gets a ji
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: SHRAD - to honor ancestors and departed elders

Quote:
Cerimony: None required and that as per vedas.. simple go to a river bank, remember them fondly, miss them with no pretense, just deposit a grain of til and tulsi patta in the river as a token of appreciation you are done.

Purpose: Simply fondly remember them.. yaar mera baap aisa karta thaa. kyaa great aadmi thaa naa kinds. May be want to tell kids some of his virtues as an example.. and some nostagic funny memories/stories to kids.

Procedure: None prescribed. Just assume the person is with you and relive their legacy if possible. All the rest are pundits chonchle. You may want to give a day to folks at old age homes or try to go about educating people about something that was passionate to the dead person et. al but that is all not compulsary and you are free to do/not do any such thing.

THANK YOU Gpel bhau and Rakhiji. You have given me something to copy/paste and forward to my friend ... ... on IInd thought I will print out and give to my wife for her reference.

Rest underneath ...

Fact to consider.. if reincarntaion is indeed true, what you are pretending to send them as "food" cannot reach them as they are already living in this very world in another body..say barak obama could be your dad/granddads atma reincarnation. No way of finding and even if verified, I doubt he will be excited to get masala filled Indian food.

If reincarnation is not true, then the whole concept of atma is a big fat ambuk..and needs rethought.. it cannot be hangng around in thin air doing nothing right.. and even then what you pretend to feed is not reaching them and if they are lingering around as aatma clearly your procedures are either fake, not sincere or ineffective.. so no point continuing right?

There are energies left behind ... but we digress ... some other thread, some other time.

So it is all a big fat way for pundits to make money.. none of those mantras help it is just fake. So use your brain and do accordingly.. doh.
Gpelbhai ... my friend googled ... all he got was websites with information worded so that keepers of our religion could feed on pockets of misguided followers. He found stupid explanations ending with quick readiness to perform for you online ... money to be sent by westin unon.

Let's hope, search engines pick up this thread ... it may save someone horror of getting into the trap of criminal mafias which control, run our places of worship and, so-called holly cities ... let's hope so.

Before I request you to clarify few things ... hope you are not getting discouraged by lack of member's interest in this topic? We cant blame them ... ignorance is bliss or simply because they are fortunate/privileged to have elders at home who do everything for them. Besides, and it has nothing to do with the age in numbers ... we all need to arrive at a certain maturity to try and appreciate beliefs of our ancestors and elders. Some arrive early ... some never.

Is it okay if I request you to clarify few things?

Thank you.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Pelu Pelu

Absolutely pai. Your wish is my command. I will try to do my best. I do not know all vedas (that is practically impossible) so I will use the one I am comfortable with even if not competant. It is bratihari sub branch of yajur veda and it actually fingers others too a bit.. so sort of an amalgamation..

If you follow samaveda or in other words a "samashakha-aadhyayi" all my clarifications henceforth will be questionable as interpretations vary significantly. Samvedis are like catholics.. no deviation from the rules/written text and the text is nostradamic.
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Pelu Pelu

as for lack of interest, people do not like confusion and most subjects of this nature are by very nature left obsecure.. or else how would the pundit come up with those if this then that elseif this then that elseif... endlessly? Ask them anything.. they will have an escape route.. you will be exhausted they will not be.. just like torts in law.
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:51 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: SHRAD - to honor ancestors and departed elders

Quote:
Absolutely pai. Your wish is my command. I will try to do my best. I do not know all vedas (that is practically impossible) so I will use the one I am comfortable with even if not competant. It is bratihari sub branch of yajur veda and it actually fingers others too a bit.. so sort of an amalgamation..

If you follow samaveda or in other words a "samashakha-aadhyayi" all my clarifications henceforth will be questionable as interpretations vary significantly. Samvedis are like catholics.. no deviation from the rules/written text and the text is nostradamic.
Thank you bro. Your effort is very much appreciated. The rest ... there has not been one person alive for centuries who ever understood the intentions behinds the words. We read the words ... we will never know the thoughts. All we can is try make some sense.

Quote:
as for lack of interest, people do not like confusion and most subjects of this nature are by very nature left obsecure.. or else how would the pundit come up with those if this then that elseif this then that elseif... endlessly? Ask them anything.. they will have an escape route.. you will be exhausted they will not be.. just like torts in law.
Many of the medicines doctors prescribe and we buy at the chemists? Dig deep, you'll find to be extracts or synthesized versions of what our illiterate mothers or village woman fed the kids during the times of sicknesses. Same with our belief systems, bro. Semsem. There were reasons behind everything including our rituals and customs. Source code has been lost but try we must find it. Like searching for a seed in a huge pile of cow dung ... but we got to try. Try we must ... rest is all excuses and bullshit called total ignorance.

Now shall we proceed with some clarifications?

Thank you.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com