eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old February 24th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
H-1 spouses (H4) can work now?

Is that right? I heard as long as H1 holder has approved I-140, H4 visa holder can work.

Old February 24th, 2015, 12:53 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: H-1 spouses (H4) can work now?

You heard right. I was going to post this thread.

Quote:
What is H4 EAD Rule?

Under existing regulations H4 dependents cannot work in the U.S . This proposed rule will amend existing regulations to allow H-4 dependent spouses of certain H-1B workers to request employment authorization.

Who are Eligible?

Eligible individuals would include H-4 dependent spouses of principal H-1B workers who:

Are the beneficiaries of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker;

OR

Have been granted an extension of their authorized period of stay in the United States under AC21 . AC21 permits H-1B workers seeking lawful permanent residence to work and remain in the United States beyond the six-year limit.

How to Apply ?

Eligible H4 dependent spouses must file I-765 form, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting evidence and a $380 fee to get work authorization and to receive I-766 form and EAD. USCIS will start accepting the applications from May 26, 2015. Once the I-765 has been approved, H4 dependent spouse will receive EAD and can start working in US.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 24th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old February 24th, 2015, 01:03 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

The important thing to note is the OR in the red font thing I posted above.. I was thinking its an AND condition.

I was reading reactions from people, some cry babies were complaining how they had to wait so long and now people will get it easily without delay. I was like duh. Is it a thing that can be made retroactive?
Old February 24th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
You heard right. I was going to post this thread.
I knew somebody was going to post .. that's why I quickly created this thread so that I can get 75+ responses.

Old February 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I knew somebody was going to post .. that's why I quickly created this thread so that I can get 75+ responses.
Lets see you go for that COTW

Anyway, the caveat about this rule passing is that, so far I haven't seen any restrictions.. like one can work only in the field of degree they hold or any other.. would there be any hourly rate or minimum wage restrictions like 45K for H1B jobs. Also, that this being totally new, you have no idea how the USCIS will process applications, accept or reject them based on what criteria? Can somebody who's not very well or not at all educated get authorized to work?

Plenty of questions arise..

Can one work in a motel/store and be paid on paper?
Can the spouse (H4) start a business like a desi store or restaurant or work for themselves, like nanny/child care services, etc?

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 24th, 2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: hate my typos
Old February 25th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Lets see you go for that COTW

Anyway, the caveat about this rule passing is that, so far I haven't seen any restrictions.. like one can work only in the field of degree they hold or any other.. would there be any hourly rate or minimum wage restrictions like 45K for H1B jobs. Also, that this being totally new, you have no idea how the USCIS will process applications, accept or reject them based on what criteria? Can somebody who's not very well or not at all educated get authorized to work?

Plenty of questions arise..

Can one work in a motel/store and be paid on paper?
Can the spouse (H4) start a business like a desi store or restaurant or work for themselves, like nanny/child care services, etc?
A lot of people at my workplace are excited about the new ruling. One of my colleague's wife is a pharmacist. He thinks she can work here as a pharmacist after May. I'm like you are highly mistaken dude. There are a lot of restrictions on pharmacists and medical practitioners in the US.

Old February 25th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

For someone who is just starting out in a new country, the feasibility to work in any sector would be most helpful. Of course, for medical practitioners, realtors, lawyers etc, they must need new licenses as the practices here are different from the country of their origin.

The timing of this new law surprised me though. Arent most companies laying off people these days in US? I wonder how this new ruling will impact the existing unemployment rate.
Old February 25th, 2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
The timing of this new law surprised me though. Arent most companies laying off people these days in US? I wonder how this new ruling will impact the existing unemployment rate.
Where did you get that? I'm noticing the exact opposite trend.

Timing is very apt.. the cause was pushed aggressively by the current PM.. and boy was it a looooooooooong time coming. America was losing talent. All these years spouses couldn't work unless they switched to IT and got H1Bs via desi consultancies.

This rule of not allowing spouses to work was causing tension in families, people were preferring England, Australia, Canada over USA. With Green Card taking so long for "regular" folks (90% or so fall in these 2: Employment based category 2 takes 5-8 yrs, and category 3 takes 10-14 years) the spouse was a caged bird.

1.5 lakh new workers in the first year and 55K from next year is not such a big increase.. its spread over many countries' citizens and over 50 states.. so the number is minuscule. This will help the housing sector too, people can afford homes more easily on 2 salaries. Eventually US collects more tax and massages the economy a teeny meeny bit.

Read this from USCIS:

Quote:
DHS expects this change will reduce the economic burdens and personal stresses H-1B nonimmigrants and their families may experience during the transition from nonimmigrant to lawful permanent resident status, and facilitate their integration into American society. As such, the change should reduce certain disincentives that currently lead H-1B nonimmigrants to abandon efforts to remain in the United States while seeking lawful permanent residence, which will minimize disruptions to U.S. businesses employing them. The change should also support the U.S. economy because the contributions H-1B nonimmigrants make to entrepreneurship and science help promote economic growth and job creation. The rule also will bring U.S. immigration policies more in line with those laws of other countries that compete to attract similar highly skilled workers.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 25th, 2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old February 25th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Not 100% sure where I got this info that US is laying off people. Maybe it was last year. Don't know. Its actually a good move for many spouses. They no longer need to sit and think "what should i do today?"
Old February 25th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Where did you get that?

:
I didn't know members were required to provide valid sources for their information.

Sources are overrated anyways. Bagheera posts a theory on Cyber warfare between India and Pakistan and backs it up with an article on dinosaur extinction.

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I didn't know members were required to provide valid sources for their information.

Sources are overrated anyways. Bagheera posts a theory on Cyber warfare between India and Pakistan and backs it up with an article on dinosaur extinction.
I was commenting on how one forms an opinion..

Some companies have a history of layoffs for no apparent reason or for restructuring or being too obese. Like IBM, HP, Dell are almost all the time trying to be leaner and thus laying off temp workers, contractors and even some full timers.

Last I heard the jobs were continuing an upward swing, ever so slight it may be. December and January are kind of slow very often.

Old February 25th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
I was commenting on how one forms an opinion..

Some companies have a history of layoffs for no apparent reason or for restructuring or being too obese. Like IBM, HP, Dell are almost all the time trying to be leaner and thus laying off temp workers, contractors and even some full timers.

Last I heard the jobs were continuing an upward swing, ever so slight it may be. December and January are kind of slow very often.

Now you are hurting Ashika's feelings. Why are you being so offensive?

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:56 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Timing couldn't be helped. Prime Minister Modi just brought this matter up during recent visit of us President. Its okay to appreciate BJP accomplishments, even if you are anti-BJP due to your faith, Aashika Jee. Modi Jee speaks on behalf of all of us, irrespective of our caste, color, or religion. You are so subservient to her, why, what did Congress governement do for you?
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old February 26th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
Timing couldn't be helped. Prime Minister Modi just brought this matter up during recent visit of us President. Its okay to appreciate BJP accomplishments, even if you are anti-BJP due to your faith, Aashika Jee. Modi Jee speaks on behalf of all of us, irrespective of our caste, color, or religion. You are so subservient to her, why, what did Congress governement do for you?
Badri ???
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old February 26th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Badri ???
what do you mean?