eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old January 21st, 2002, 08:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant future
Stock market - Are you a smart investor ?

Hi you'll,

This topic is to measure up, how we echarchans have faired in US stock market.

Please post your thread with if you lost money and if you have made money in market. If you are at par use .

Please no boasting. As far as I am concerned I have lost around $5,000 since last three years. The major fiascos in trading were ABTL (AutobyTel), GX(Global crossing) and WCOM(Worldcom).

The best investment was in XMSR(XM Satellite Radio) which almost doubled my investment of $1500 in a month.

Let us here your success or not so successful stories.
Old January 21st, 2002, 08:28 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
i have just been at par .

i invested 2000 in mid october. i bought sapient inc sold it when i saw a profit of 515 dollars.
then i bought providian but got stck cuz it was goin all down.so that was on hold for sum time.
in the mean time i bought enron at a 29 cents sold it when it got 1.15 then again bought it at 66 cents but it is screwed now!

and 10 days back i bought cara.ob (pharma) which skyrocketed so i have covered up a lot on the cash lost in enron . and the moment i saw pvn rise above whart iu invested i sold it and guss what i made a mistake it kept soaring too!!

now i got this stock (junk status) gobix software whic is rit now at 7 cents.

over all i got a small profit of 500 bux in 3 months.......its been fun so far!
Old January 21st, 2002, 08:51 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Been good so far. I am not investing, my wife is.. I am just her advicer. Reason I dont invest is .. I do not have any money .. I take a salary just enough to run my house. All other money is given to my wifey.. cos I spend all of my money.. so So far, the story is she started october 8th and till now taken a bit of profit and loss.. but overall she is up lets say 2000$.. Been fun so far.

I am planning to increase the intensity of her investing.. lets see. I am also planning to put aside "high risk money" of about 5K which I will not care even if it goes to 0.. I am planning on targeting high risk but high return stocks. Maintain a proper investing target and hit those stocks for high profit at short time (couple of weeks at best). So lets see where it goes.

To all folks investing for the fun or to take short term profits, first thing to do is recover your principle the moment you make profits.. Then play with the profit taken. Even if you lost, then you still have your principle "seed" money to start all over again with a clean slate.

So my POA with the 5000$ high risk money will be to make a quick 5K profit (or atleast 3K profit). Then recover 5K and let the profit do the rest of bet playing.. will be fun, but will never be a heart breaker if all goes according to plan.
Old January 21st, 2002, 08:58 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
exactly the game paln i am workin on......but then to do that would mean u either invest in penny stocks to recover yr principal amt and strill have enuf stocks to make a respectable profit.
or u have a huge amount to invest in the big players which shift by 4-5 bux over a few days.....but thats kinda hard to start with anyways rit!!

and pennystock can attain junk status very easily......difficulties in both case !!
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:03 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Yes thats why I said set aside HIGH RISK MONEY for that penny stock bargains. Big stocks will pay in long term. Look for a seasonal drop and buy them and let them be.

Penny stocks buy with high risk money (and not just any penny stock.. due research is needed) and then when they make a move up.. sell them also set a stop loss limit for yourself. If you think it is going down a bit more than you can stomach.. get out while you can and wait for proper oppurtunity or another penny stock.. so it will need you to be vigilant on them.. setting alarms at yahoo messenger/datek streamer et. al. So that you are ready for eventualities. As I said, you will need strict dicipline to get into this one.. like if you buy a 10c stock and expect to sell it at 20c.. put a sell order the moment you buy for 20c and let the order get executed.. Do not get too greedy.. and then target another penny stock and do the same.. Eventually, you will have some decent returns, enough to play with profit alone and set aside the seed money for either another such play totally new or restart if the game plan fails. That is the fun part.. getting the chess game right.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Yes thats why I said set aside HIGH RISK MONEY for that penny stock bargains. Big stocks will pay in long term. Look for a seasonal drop and buy them and let them be.

Penny stocks buy with high risk money (and not just any penny stock.. due research is needed) and then when they make a move up.. sell them also set a stop loss limit for yourself. If you think it is going down a bit more than you can stomach.. get out while you can and wait for proper oppurtunity or another penny stock.. so it will need you to be vigilant on them.. setting alarms at yahoo messenger/datek streamer et. al. So that you are ready for eventualities. As I said, you will need strict dicipline to get into this one.. like if you buy a 10c stock and expect to sell it at 20c.. put a sell order the moment you buy for 20c and let the order get executed.. Do not get too greedy.. and then target another penny stock and do the same.. Eventually, you will have some decent returns, enough to play with profit alone and set aside the seed money for either another such play totally new or restart if the game plan fails. That is the fun part.. getting the chess game right.
There is a reason why penny stocks are trading at that price. There is an equal chance that the stock will go down.

This is gambling, not investing.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:11 AM
Pelu Pelu

I agree eNRI.. but not all penny stocks are therre because they are bad.. there are a lot of them that are value stocks. And a proper research can unearth them. I agree that its gambling but the odds are better and in your favor compared to a hand of poker or black jack. Notice I said High risk money.. I am not saying ALL investment has to be that way.. A part of it with experiementation and fishing as the goal is not a bad idea.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:14 AM
Source Integrator

what would u say about GBIX its delisted itself from nasdaq and now its OTC!

man its supposed to be a strong buy (according to the dumass analysts)....
what do u think of that stock?
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:14 AM
Wannabe Mogambo

kameena is on a distinguished road
I am more of a conservative investor. Play around with my 401K funds in generally medium risk mutual funds. Returns have been average in past, though this year because of my high exposure to energy stocks, Enron fiasco might hurt.

Though I have made some good money after picking up stocks at rock bottom prices in the week of Sept 24-28. Three top picks were INTC, SEBL and EMLX. All of them have got me gains in the range of 80-200%.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:24 AM
Pelu Pelu

Honestly cyber.. I have not yet started my research.. I am going to start it next month.. feb mid I would think and I will give you folks update on how I am doing in that front then.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:26 AM
Source Integrator

abbe i aint in a hurry cua i have already bought the freakin stock!!
but now that i have bought it got delisted!! he he lol thats where i lost my profits.....i cant trade the stocks no more!! he he
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:30 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Only stocks??wider canvass anyone???forex and commodities?
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:32 AM
Source Integrator

Quote:
Originally posted by laal_langot
whaet up .15 cesnt and oil up 22 cents a barrle........who the hell cares!! LOL

commodities= commode!!
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:33 AM
Pelu Pelu

cyber.. One quick tip..always check out recent insider trading info BEFORE buying stocks whenever possible. That will prevent such bad bets. I am unable to get past insider info records right now for gbix cos Its symbol has changed to GBIX.OB. But if I get a hand on it.. I am sure it will be a very interesting document.
Old January 21st, 2002, 09:34 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by laal_langot
Too much work.. lots of money but too much tension and headaches. Although I will not rule those out few years down the line when I get a handle on my game plan.