eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Okay, here is something, that I thought might be interesting.

Many have talked about returning to India after working for a stretch of a few years in US or some place else.

I know many who do return and then some who want to return but cannot for various reasons and then some who just want to stay outside India.

Many of you have already made a comfortable amount of resources so that settling back in India wont be much of a monetary concern. Many have still to make it monetarily here. But anyways, if you had to consider returning home and starting work there in either the sameor a different field, then would you do it?

So coming back to the moot question - If you were to seriously think about going back to India now, not at the retirement age, then
- what would make you go or
- what would prevent you from returning?

Last edited by echarcha; May 4th, 2001 at 11:18 AM.
Old May 4th, 2001, 10:51 AM

Cool Peace of mind and great quality of life

... and being able to get home before sunset
Old May 4th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
what would make one go?
well, there are so many things they cannot even be put down here. Home, parents, family, environment even desi babes

what would prevent?
would require some serious thought, like if some one puts a gun to my temple and says agar vaapas jaane ki koshish ki to trigger dab jayega
well of course money is the first reason, however much one earns, it is never enough. another can be straight easy life here, lesser hassles, for ex it is a struggle even to travel in locals in mumbai. I cant seem to think many right now
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Hunter Wali

Pretty Woman is on a distinguished road
Top reason to prevent my return for good?

Only if Tom Cruise proposes...

i hear he's available now....
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
me too
me too... Tom Cruise .. *sigh* .. hes such a dreamboat ..
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
In my heart, I know for sure that I'll return, but one visit to TOI site, and my resolution starts quivering.

Top three reasons that can prevent me:
1)The same shitty political situation back home
2)If they don't do something about the pollution levels of delhi by then
3)If the custom people at Indira gandhi airport start asking me for bribes or give me trouble for nothing. I'll take the next frikkin plane back.

Things that'll make me go back:
-Family
-Friends
-Food

...and I hope Tom Cruise dies.
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:16 PM
~Haiwan~

gandesh will become famous soon enough
Quote:

what would make you go
kids.... that's what will make me go... i want my kids to grow up in a drug/sex free environment and respect me the way i respect my parents.... that is the biggest reason to go....

Quote:

what would prevent you from returning?
traffic (one can really die driving in delhi) and back stabbing traitors i.e. people like eNRI who abound there.... fortunately money is not an issue for me out or inside india....
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Ditto, eNRI

And yum yum food too! Nothing can beat the gol gappas and bhel puri you can eat in India!

------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Hunter Wali

hain? smelly i didn't know you swing that way...

ya phir ye Tom Cruise, cheez hi aisee hai...

Big-G: > ...and I hope Tom Cruise dies

ouch! )
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
hee hee ..

Whole new meaning to the term "Cruise Control", what ??

Pretty,

In case you missed the sarcasm .. pehle intro, date, sex vagehra kee baatein karo. Seedha pahunch gaye proposal par ?? Hayn ?? Putting the gaadi before the bail ??
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Things that will prevent me form going back to India -

1. The lousy politicians
2. Pollution
3. Most of my family is here
4. Once you get used to the way of life here, it gets difficult adjsuting there
5. Lack of privacy
6. Corruption
A Proud Indian American
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
He asked for THREE...she gave him SIX.... No wonder they call her SUPER !!
*bows*

(Purty Woman...mail shail kar na yaar)
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Hunter Wali

> In case you missed the sarcasm .. pehle intro, date, sex
> vagehra kee baatein karo. Seedha pahunch gaye proposal
> par ?? Hayn ?? Putting the gaadi before the bail ??

jee haan. hamare india mein to aise hi hota hai. intro/date/sex vagehra vagehra before marriage?? raam raam! abay koi gandesh ko bulao, dekho Smelly kya keh rahe hain...
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Senior Echarchan

Thanks, Big G

--------courtseys also----------
A Proud Indian American
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pretty,

Lekin tum to Amreeka mein ho (no pun intended ). Yeh Cruise miyan bhaaji bhi nahin khareedte chakhe bina, ladki kaise byahenge ??

Big-G Prahji,
Main thwanoo mail shail kar deyaan??