eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old August 21st, 2004, 01:36 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
doom 3 out- excellent game- worth every penny

got doom 3 yesterday. have not been off the computer since. what an excellent game. have been waiting a long time for this one. it is an excellent game.
any other doom fans out there?
Old August 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
I've a 2.2 GHz machine, 256 MB RAM... I heard my computer wouldn't be able to handle Doom 3.

What are your computer specs vakil saheb...? How did it work on yours?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old August 21st, 2004, 05:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
I used to play Doom 1 and 2 a lot. Doom 1 came out when I was in India. It was awesome. Heretic was also awesome.

I have not kept up with PC games since I came here but would love to play Doom 3. I tried Quake but it was not as good as Doom.

Can you tell me what has changed since Doom 2?

MInd you, I have been living in a cave since 1999 as far as PC games go.
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:03 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
I loveeee dooom...all the senseless killing and running around killing alll sortsa creatures, specially when I am using God mode...ahhh takes a major chunk outa my tiring day....par Doom 3 main ktna change kiya hain vakil sahib...thodi feature jaankaari dijiye....Funda toh same hi hoga...thoda left right kar diya hoga graphics aur characters? Battlefield 1942 bhi bahut mast game hain in the same sense...but better I would think....usmein bhi aisa hi mazaa aaya sensible killing ka
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:02 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila
I've a 2.2 GHz machine, 256 MB RAM... I heard my computer wouldn't be able to handle Doom 3.

What are your computer specs vakil saheb...? How did it work on yours?
the minimum specifications are:

3d accelerator card with 64mb-this is a must must. 128 or 256 is preferable.

pentium 4 1.5 ghz or athlon xp 1500+

384 ram

i have a 1.7 ghz with 512 memory and radeon ati graphics card. the game works fine in mine machine but i had to update the drivers from the ati site.

chapai, the game is different from doom 2 in that the monsters are more realistic. also, the sound, graphics(with real lighting and shadows) atmosphere and thrills are sure to make this game one of the greatest sellers of all times.

this is a must must must for all PC gamers

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:57 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by dawizard
I loveeee dooom...all the senseless killing and running around killing alll sortsa creatures, specially when I am using God mode...ahhh takes a major chunk outa my tiring day....par Doom 3 main ktna change kiya hain vakil sahib...thodi feature jaankaari dijiye....Funda toh same hi hoga...thoda left right kar diya hoga graphics aur characters? Battlefield 1942 bhi bahut mast game hain in the same sense...but better I would think....usmein bhi aisa hi mazaa aaya sensible killing ka
Yea I downloaded the 1942 demo and loved it. I liked the sniper mod the best. I've downloaded Far Cry demo but my computer can't handle it I also tried Unreal Tournament, but didn't like it

Sent from my iPhone.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
the voice of reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila
Yea I downloaded the 1942 demo and loved it. I liked the sniper mod the best. I've downloaded Far Cry demo but my computer can't handle it I also tried Unreal Tournament, but didn't like it

charchila bhai, just get doom 3- it will make you forget the rest
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:08 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Sniper mode is AHHSUM....I always aim for the khopdi...I also like getting into one of those cool tanks and then crushing the enemy under the tank....its damn nice....Never managed to use the aircrafts they have...juss can't control them to fire on enemy...usually I use it to transport myself and ejecting from the craft as soon as I know where I am over...