eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Newbie FAQ

Notices

Newbie FAQ Welcome to our community. Please read this before you start posting...

Old January 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do we know if any member is banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Kahan kahan ki kabrein khod kar nikaal laata hai Doctor... Abe EC par dissertation likhehga ke?

Dekh bhai, aisa hai... aaj se koi dedh do saal pahle tak idhar EC par aalasi logon ki jamaat thi... koii reps nahin deta that kisi ko... kabhi kabhar bhoole bhatke kisi ko de diya to de diya.... Isiliye purane chaawalon ke hare dabbe abhi bhi kam hain...

Aur tune to notice kiya hi hoga ki ye buddhe, siway Amtha pai ke, abhi bhi bahut kanjoos hain . Ye sab Amtha pai ki saazish hai... Unhonein Hurry ke saath green boxes ko frequent flyer miles mein connvert karne ka plan banaya tha.... aur lage baantne reps free mein... to aaj Kundann type ke log jo 2 mahine ke liye aate hain, unke paas bhi 100 green boxes hain.

Negative reps baantnein ka chalan the great martyr Maxi ne shuru kiya tha... 2-4 to mujhe bhi mile the.... Ab aise hi kisi halfmind ne Nethra ko negative reps diye hongein... Aalasi aur kanjooson ne kabhi jahmat nahin uthayi hogi positive reps dene ki to that explains the laal dabbba..

Iti Rep puraan. Mil gayi tripti.

so people can really gang up on some hapless contributor and throw him/her out? Bihar of bulletin boards?
surely not! In fact I gather the old members are so respected here that even the later moderators cannot tone them down!
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
so people can really gang up on some hapless contributor and throw him/her out? Bihar of bulletin boards?
surely not! In fact I gather the old members are so respected here that even the later moderators cannot tone them down!
I was just reflecting upon the changes in the trends of repping. It is not about ganging up on some newbie... see, we are a close knit community... we have our ways and we don't post "how sweet/nice/wise/kind of you" kind of responses. Most newbies come with an attitude that they are going to post something awesome and they are going to win everyone over and leave everyone awestruck. They get the response they do not expect as everyone is a smartass here. Leg-pulling is our hukka-paani.
Smartasses get smartasinine treatment. Normal newbies are always welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami
Dusro ko kanjoos bolne wala khud hi kanjoos hi
Abe maine kabhi dhyan diya nahin iss repping business par... jab yaad aata hai ki kisi ko rep nahin diya bahut dinon se to ikatthe bahut saare reps baant deta hoon...... Ab ka kahein...kanjoosi ki aadat ho gayi hai.. mufat ki kheer bhi kaahe baantein..hayn!

Last edited by chitrala; January 11th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Normal newbies are always welcomed.
I dont think so!
plus
I think there has been an awful lot of change in the way we treat newbies since I used to be on eCharcha first (That was way back in 2001) and now.
I think there is a lot of paranoia amongst the people here. The first doubt is always that someone is playing a prank as a newbie.
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont think so!
plus
I think there has been an awful lot of change in the way we treat newbies since I used to be on eCharcha first (That was way back in 2001) and now.
I think there is a lot of paranoia amongst the people here. The first doubt is always that someone is playing a prank as a newbie.
Paranoia about what ? Who the fuck cares ? Agreed some dupes do come here and try out some crazy shit but then ...... everyone plays along too...

Check you the NRI 30+ thread.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:14 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
so people can really gang up on some hapless contributor and throw him/her out?

I cant think of one member who has been thrown out or banned without reasons and consultations among seniors. Let truth be told.... on many occasions moderators and admin bend forward to pick up bar of soap, unban banned members.

Bihar of bulletin boards?

You just picked a fight with Nepalibhai, another senior. Bihar post Lallu is progressing faster than China, if you didn't know already.

In fact I gather the old members are so respected here that even the later moderators cannot tone them down!

I fully agree with you for sympathising with dilemma of moderators and admin. What do you propose we do with old coots and vagabonds likes of Dirtybhai, Smellybhai, and Vikingbhai? Can you help us? Place them where they belong..... in anals of archives.

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
I cant think of one member who has been thrown out or banned without reasons and consultations among seniors. Let truth be told.... on many occasions moderators and admin bend forward to pick up bar of soap, unban banned members.
not thrown out, but the responses they get are not something to appreciate.

I propose you dont do anything with the old coots and vagabonds. Only be a bit more decent with newbies. My post is not about oldies, it is about treatment to newbies...

Dirty-cha, paranoia about what? What the fuck do I know? What I do know is newbies getting 'threats' (for want of a better word) about getting their IPs tracked and banned...
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I propose you dont do anything with the old coots and vagabonds. Only be a bit more decent with newbies. My post is not about oldies, it is about treatment to newbies...

Dirty-cha, paranoia about what? What the fuck do I know? What I do know is newbies getting 'threats' (for want of a better word) about getting their IPs tracked and banned...
Umm if the newbies are indeed genuine first timers, why be threatened about IPs being tracked and banned? Besides, the admin himself repeats everytime he is questioned that he does not check IPs, does not have any interest in finding out if its a dupe or not.

If a newbie (not talking about dupes) comes here with the hopes of being pampered, then this is obviously not the right destination. When the oldies mess with the newbie, its all about how well he takes it and gels with other members. I guess that's the culture of echarcha, and all n00bs have to go through the graduation process before they are accepted as true echarchans.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How do we know if any member is banned?

Quote:

No two members think alike ... most make extra effort to disagree with each other ... makes this site unique ... otherwise million eye-candy, goody-goody sites out there.

Pay no attension to Badri ... id is an asshole. I couldn't possibly imagine this site without coots and vegabonds.

Badri was kidding for shure.

What I do know is newbies getting 'threats' (for want of a better word) about getting their IPs tracked and banned...

I am deeply sorry. Exposing member's IP details should have never ... never taken place. Reasons or no reasons ... excuses or no excuses ... should have never happened. Mistake will never be repeated again ... hopefully. (edit/add ... not a mistake ... exposing IP details was a serious error of judgment.

Newbies! We the members are never the problem ... we do what we do best. Bothers me most is of the number ... driven away by actions of moderators and admin of this site ... I regret the most and am sorry for.

If you can spare some kindness ... moderator and admin are human too. There is only so much shit they can put up with ... few banned did go all out for jugular vein ... leaving no other choice.

Don't you sense the change? Site got a set of fresh three ... they hardly if ever ... seldom do they ever login as moderators ... the way it ought to be. KKKK ... reach no hasty conclusions ... they are keeping an eye ... doing their job but quietly. Got to appreciate their efforts. Good bunch. :UP:

Now only if I knew of your previous id ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; January 12th, 2010 at 12:17 PM.