eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2007, 09:05 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Sharing the cost to run this site?

BhaYa ... before I call it a day and it has been a long day ... something on my chest all day ... like to lighten meself.

Other day I went to watch two hours of nonsense ... ticket cost Rs.24, popcorn and bottle of water set me back another Rs. 8.

Daily lunch in my favorite Ram Barsoe Hindu Hotel ... average of Rs. 20 to 24

Weekend Golf ... Rs. 40

For all the fun and good time I have had at this site ... contribute to meet your expenses is least I can do to pay back my debt. I think I have had enough of free trip. As Landyabhai will say ... pay your debts in this life so you are re-born with clean slate. Last thing I want is your goondas following me for collection in my next birth.

Please tell me ... what does it cost to run this site and how much you expect me to contribute every month. This is no favor ... strictly paying back to you a debt.

15 Tantric Yogi
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sutradarji ... what does it cost to run this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
BhaYa ... before I call it a day and it has been a long day ... something on my chest all day ... like to lighten meself.

Other day I went to watch two hours of nonsense ... ticket cost Rs.24, popcorn and bottle of water set me back another Rs. 8.

Daily lunch in my favorite Ram Barsoe Hindu Hotel ... average of Rs. 20 to 24

Weekend Golf ... Rs. 40

For all the fun and good time I have had at this site ... contribute to meet your expenses is least I can do to pay back my debt. I think I have had enough of free trip. As Landyabhai will say ... pay your debts in this life so you are re-born with clean slate. Last thing I want is your goondas following me for collection in my next birth.

Please tell me ... what does it cost to run this site and how much you expect me to contribute every month. This is no favor ... strictly paying back to you a debt.

15 Tantric Yogi
Tantuji put me on the list too ... ofcourse before you because you have occupied the 15th slot Just Kidding ... but I am serious ...
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sutradarji ... what does it cost to run this site?

Tantu and landya I really thank you for your concerns. However, I have NEVER and will NEVER demand donations for sake of running this site. Those of you who contributed on your own. Its a great thing. It helped and it does help. As recent as last week I got two separate donations of 150 and 50 bucks! I thank those two members and dont mind sharing their names if they agree.

Even if I were not to sell this site, I would have kept the participation the same as before - FREE! The reason I put up the donation icons (PayPal, Amazon) is to see if some folks would like to help. Believe me I dont make a penny from this site. Whatever I get is a small amount which is definitely helpful in running this site.

If I was going to ask you for money, I would not sell the site. I dont want money for sake of mercy, pity or anything. Its like this - if you feel you can contribute, then good, if you dont then also its as good. If this were a commercial venture with money making in mind, I think you would have seen a different format already.

So many folks ask me, why dont you start ads like craigslist and charge folks, why dont you sell tickets to movies and make money, etc,. etc. Well, if I wanted to do that then I would not have created echarcha.com for our regular timepass.
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Sutradarji ... what does it cost to run this site?

To answer your questions in dollar amounts.

Hosting -- http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/h...-dedicated.php check the 1.3Ghz Dedicated ($149.95)

vBulletin - http://www.vbulletin.com/order/ Check the Leased License ($85)

GoDaddy - www.godaddy.com I think 9 dollars a year (earlier with register.com it was 35 dollars a year)
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharing the cost to run this site?

In response to Cha's wonderful decision to continue with our site, we all should come forward and come up with a scheme for sharing the financial as well as administrative responsibilities?

Let's make this thread sticky ...
Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Proud LLKC member

Sunit,

Here is what I understand your expenses are. Please feel free to advise me if I have missed something? Thanks.

For the year 2007
------------------

(1) Hosting Fee: 149.95$ (per month) => 1799.4 $
(2) VBulletin Fee: 85$ (per year)
(3) GoDaddy: 9$ (per year)

Total (per year): 1893.4 $ (per year)

Assuming that we have 15 dedicated members, it will cost per person: 158 $ per year or 13 $ per month

Please PM me or any mod or to our ChaPai, about your support. We can pay bimonthly or trimonthly ...

Thanks.

Tumhara LandYA
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Proud LLKC member

1. LandYA Bhai
2. Tantric Yogi
:
:
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Bhai log.. Once again .. see this http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpo...96&postcount=3

Please do not misunderstand the recent sale business as an attempt to make anyone feel that they owe the site something monetarily. Donations have been coming in the past at irregular intervals and amounts and I am content with whatever anyone donates.

If you remember, long ago, an old timer member (who is not active now here and .. well you know who) had said he will pay for complete hosting etc, but I wanted to remain independent and did not take the obligation.

I am a bit of a unconventional person or whatever, that if someone does anything for me then I feel sort of .. I mean uneasy.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of VBulletin 85USD yearly you can have VBulletin owned in 160 USD, so you need not pay it every year (if i understood properly their licencing policy). If you want to upgrade then you can purchase updates in future. (around 30USD). However they will allow free updates for one year.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:57 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Sharing the cost to run this site?

you can count me as well. donating to this site wa my wish since many years.
i could not do that due to many reasons. now that i can, i would like to.

suggestion....jo jo donate karega sabke pass se ek promise lena padega.

he/she will have no say on anything which is related to site. he/she should continue as a regular member without asking for privileges like moderator, partner,owner, tolerate his/her non-sense posts, ban/un-ban at mod's discretion only..etc.
i understand charcha bhai's concern that when accepting donations it becomes little messy to manage things/member's.

these days....charcha bhai bahut disturbed lagtha hain .

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in guys!!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I am a bit of a unconventional person or whatever, that if someone does anything for me then I feel sort of .. I mean uneasy.
Please Don't feel that way.........Just give us clearance so that we can start sending donations.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn
Instead of VBulletin 85USD yearly you can have VBulletin owned in 160 USD, so you need not pay it every year (if i understood properly their licencing policy). If you want to upgrade then you can purchase updates in future. (around 30USD). However they will allow free updates for one year.
This seems to be a good idea. Right now our license is already renewed so next time I should think of this option.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian
you can count me as well. donating to this site wa my wish since many years.
i could not do that due to many reasons. now that i can, i would like to.

suggestion....jo jo donate karega sabke pass se ek promise lena padega.

he/she will have no say on anything which is related to site. he/she should continue as a regular member without asking for privileges like moderator, partner,owner, tolerate his/her non-sense posts, ban/un-ban at mod's discretion only..etc.
i understand charcha bhai's concern that when accepting donations it becomes little messy to manage things/member's.

these days....charcha bhai bahut disturbed lagtha hain .
Its like being in a state outside a operation theater where you wait for the doctor to say something.... Then the doc says all is fine, but the stress you feel is still there.

Thanks for understanding..
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know why, but sometime I feel doing things in unplanned manner is better than doing it planned fashion. I think this donation thing falls in that category.

To me donations should be anonymous and should be in give-it-when-you-can-and-when-you-wish manner. I can understand uneasiness cha pai mentioned. Though we dont have such people in here, somebody can think this move of sharing cost of this site as consortium buying or leasing a site. Other thing is inability of some persons (especially people living in India because of conversion rate) to donate. This would give them sense that they are less important to site than people who donate regularly. I agree we should share some of his burden, but to me this has to be completely anonymous to give all members a feeling of equality.

If he cha-pai feels too much heat financially or time-wise to manage this site, I think he has devloped lot of relations over the years and knows better whom to ask for help.

Tantuji baki ap bade log decide karo. Though I oppose of publicly discussing this idea, if it goes thorough dont forget to count me in.

My 2 cents.