eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old March 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Cool Anybody in Mutual funds / stocks

Hey guyz,

Anyone in Mutual funds / stocks investment, lets discucss and share the wealth of knowledge.

What you guyz think about future of speciality mutual funds like health and technology
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Aaapka Dost

Re: Anybody in Mutual funds / stocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul
Hey guyz,

Anyone in Mutual funds / stocks investment, lets discucss and share the wealth of knowledge.

What you guyz think about future of speciality mutual funds like health and technology
Abey so gaye kya sub , abey speciality funds nahin, tum log kum se kum 401k me to invest kartey hoge, share the knowledge man
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Junior eCharchan

WildViper is on a distinguished road
I can say that I am in all sorts of mutual funds...well my clients are. Speciality Funds are a great place to invest once you have taken care of the major asset classes.

Especially Health and BioTech. Any questions, post it here and I can try and answer.
Building a Car Community
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Anybody in Mutual funds / stocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul
Abey so gaye kya sub , abey speciality funds nahin, tum log kum se kum 401k me to invest kartey hoge, share the knowledge man
Yaar no one can beleive that you can invest in anything other than prono ! Anyways, I have a mix bag of 401K between small cap and fixed income.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Yaar no one can beleive that you can invest in anything other than prono ! Anyways, I have a mix bag of 401K between small cap and fixed income.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old March 8th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Aaapka Dost

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty
Abey tujhe pata bhi hain, aaj tak koi bhi prono site ghantey main nahi gayee, every month its growing by 1600%, and adding more then 2 lac customer every month.

There is no business like ...........pondy business.

Bhaimere, believe me, my 401k was totally invested in Blend and going well till this month, but now I know its time to move this into value or growth.

well here I want to discuss direct investment of speciality mutual funds rather 401ks.

Does anyone heard of any good Health/Tech, please share

Last edited by Rahul; March 9th, 2004 at 05:10 AM.
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Unless you have the acumen and foresight and the time to move your money in and out of speculative stuff, the safest bet is to put your money in blue chips (income) and growth stock. Go for a balanced portfolio with your eggs spread out evenly. Vanguard offers some good schemes. Over spreading might dilute your profits and appreciation, but it also hedges you against losses. Plus, the thumbrule is that inspite of the small term losses and gains in the market, in the long run the stock is definitely going to appreciate at the rate of 6 to 8% per annum, for a well balanced portfolio. You can check out the growth pattern for DOW and S&P index in the last 10 years for proof.

This being the election year, is historically a very safe time to throw in huge amounts of money to make some quick profits, but you gotta be sure to pull out in time. Best bet is, put some in savings account (Ing gives around 2.5% interest these days, that'll atleast sheild you against inflation), put some in CDs and Govt. Bonds, and have some marked as risk capital in equities.

However, pichchhlay 3 din se market ki maiyya huyi padhi hai.