eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Lower left back muscle spasm has really shut me down today

Folks,

Its a weekend and its a bad day for me today.

Today morning, I woke up as usual. Turned on Howard Stern and then realised its August and all Fridays in this month means repeat shows.

Well, then I brushed my teeth, had my coffee and went for a dump. Quick dump thanks to veggie only food. Then a quick shower, checked office emails and sat down with my customary cereal and milk bowl. After finishing my cereal, I somehow felt like dumping more. So off I went and waited. Finally a small log fell and I was happy. Again had a shower to clean out the areas that matter

Well, as I came out and was about to dress up for office, I bent down to pick up my socks which had falled down from the closet. Taaaadaaaak!! Like a bolt of ligthening my lower left back muscle spasmed. My muscle almost yelled out - Bachaaao.. Aaaagggghh..

Somehow stood up straight. Put on clothes and sandals. Limped around to see if I had IODEX or ICY HOT but no. Then went to the nearest drug store and got some pain releif ointment and Motrin IB. Had 2 tablets and sat in car. Somehow managed to apply the ointment and was able to change angle of my back to a more comfortable position.

Came to work. In constant dull but throbbing pain the whole day.

I have a cricket match tomorrow.. Cannot let this stupid muscle spasm keep me on the bench. Leaving now to get some doctor's advise. This had happened once before in a more severe fashion and the doctor had prescribed a muscle relaxant whch worked wonders overnight. Feeling really awful that I will have a screwed up weekend.

See ya later... bye..

PS: I think my second round of dumping has caused this. Maybe my lower back muscles were stretched the wrong way as I lifted my ass partially for the small yet tough log to fall.
Old August 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: Lower left back muscle spasm has really shut me down today

Happened with me while playing cricket, started without warmup, had tylenol 500mg for almost a week, not gone completely, perhaps a heat pack would have been useful. And yes it hurts!! Hope ur feeling better....I almost lost complete breath a few times bcoz of it...
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Lower left back muscle spasm has really shut me down today

Take care Cha Pai...

I too had similar experiences earlier particularly when beginning exercises without a proper warm-up.

I suggest Voveran Emulgel over the pain effected area. Commonly prescribed by docs in India. Helps & gives quick relief.
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Folks,

Its a weekend and its a bad day for me today.

Today morning, I woke up as usual. Turned on Howard Stern and then realised its August and all Fridays in this month means repeat shows.

Well, then I brushed my teeth, had my coffee and went for a dump. Quick dump thanks to veggie only food. Then a quick shower, checked office emails and sat down with my customary cereal and milk bowl. After finishing my cereal, I somehow felt like dumping more. So off I went and waited. Finally a small log fell and I was happy. Again had a shower to clean out the areas that matter

Well, as I came out and was about to dress up for office, I bent down to pick up my socks which had falled down from the closet. Taaaadaaaak!! Like a bolt of ligthening my lower left back muscle spasmed. My muscle almost yelled out - Bachaaao.. Aaaagggghh..

Somehow stood up straight. Put on clothes and sandals. Limped around to see if I had IODEX or ICY HOT but no. Then went to the nearest drug store and got some pain releif ointment and Motrin IB. Had 2 tablets and sat in car. Somehow managed to apply the ointment and was able to change angle of my back to a more comfortable position.

Came to work. In constant dull but throbbing pain the whole day.

I have a cricket match tomorrow.. Cannot let this stupid muscle spasm keep me on the bench. Leaving now to get some doctor's advise. This had happened once before in a more severe fashion and the doctor had prescribed a muscle relaxant whch worked wonders overnight. Feeling really awful that I will have a screwed up weekend.

See ya later... bye..

PS: I think my second round of dumping has caused this. Maybe my lower back muscles were stretched the wrong way as I lifted my ass partially for the small yet tough log to fall.
happened to my mom too.....but it was so goddamn severe that she got stuck in bent position ....had to take her to hospital in ambulance

only time heals....pain killers only help numb the painful sensations

wishing you a speedy recovery
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Sutradhar Saheb.........

Looks like your recent long plane journey to be blamed for this spasm. Along with muscle relaxant try " Hot and Cold " Pack too. If it is milder one then by tomorrow you should be up for cricket or else it might trouble you for little while.

Take care and get well soon......
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Cha Pai....as it is,pain are signals from your body to your mind...so don't take it lightly...
Relax,drink and think abt Sameera Reddy...
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:36 AM
The Great Dictator

kingfisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
Cha Pai....as it is,pain are signals from your body to your mind...so don't take it lightly...
Relax,drink and think abt Sameera Reddy...
yaar Napolean , iska photo chipka naa lal mirchi mein
Old August 13th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you wishes folks.. BY evening , when I posted this, the pain was increasing. I was very uncomfortable. Just drove down to the Urgent Care in Sunnyvale. The doctor checked out the pain and said that it was a muscle sprain/spasm ( he used some medical term) and prescribed a muscle relaxant and Bengay ointment along with Motrin IB that I had taken in the day.

I have been applying the ointment which is just like our IODEX and gives some relief. THe pain killer numbs it. Last night I took the muscle relaxant and things are 'slightly' better. Will keep you updated. I dont think I can play cricket today, but I am leaving in a few minutes to go to the ground. Atleast I can st and watch a nice game!

Yes the plan journey from East coast to here is another reason. Also I need to be more careful while picking things up. The doctor advised the same that as far as possible bend your kneed and dont just arch your back and bend n the waist.

Okay folks... later..
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Cha pai... I hope everthings well now! So what about tomorrow's cricket match? Will you be able to play it?

Take care cha pai..
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I dont think I can play cricket today, but I am leaving in a few minutes to go to the ground. Atleast I can st and watch a nice game!

Oops... sorry I don't think I read that properly...!!!
Old August 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Back pain can be really troublesome. Take care Echarcha and apply some balm or hot packs and relax. Rest is important too. Get well soon.
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Its Sunday morning and I have not had a good night's sleep. The pain is still there, quite reduced but still present. The muscle relaxant just made me sleepy yesetrday and I slept in the afternmoon, but it does not seem to 'relax' the muscle! I will be going to the doctor tomorrow and asking him about why this prescribed medicine does nto work.

Folks, I might be not active on the forum for a couple of days, so please manage it yourself and dont force me to step in. I think moderators can handle it quite well.
Bye...
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

The stupid muscle relaxant just makes me drowsy and sleepy. So I slept. But its of no use. The pain has gone down just slightly. I had to take Ibuprofen (Motrin IB) to feel some relief.

Today was another very boring day as I had to attend a 8 hour traffic school to remove a point on my license for a ticket I had received about 3 months ago.
It was so boring!! Will tell you somethings I observed in the class.

I am going to visit the doctor tomorrow and really ask for something better. Hope my pain subsides by then.
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:55 AM
The Great Dictator

kingfisher is on a distinguished road

In Indian Handicraft exhibition you get these wooden dumbel shaped instruments (spiked and unspiked) which are good for massage and blood circulation. I tried a couple of times and worked well you may want to try too.

Get well soon!!

Yeh Napolean photo nahin chipkata yaar
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher
In Indian Handicraft exhibition you get these wooden dumbel shaped instruments (spiked and unspiked) which are good for massage and blood circulation. I tried a couple of times and worked well you may want to try too.

Get well soon!!

Yeh Napolean photo nahin chipkata yaar
Thanks for the tips.. Now where can I get this instrument from in USA?