eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old February 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

Cancer is on a distinguished road
What memories does a rain bring back

It has been raining here since yesterday. Cats and dogs literally. But it brought back some fond memories.

For me my childhood. Going to school in gumboots esp in the mumbai rains.

I shall write in more details once I finish my coding
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What memories does a rain bring back

Sentimental memories of rain ... later.

Gumboots remind me of when I was about 15. My only pair of leather shoes got destroyed due to non-stop rains. Borrowed some money to buy pair of knee length rubber boots. I think cost Rs. 40 or less.

Several months after rainy seasons ended ... I was still going around wearing my knee length Gum Boots. Became laughing stocks of skul kaalej, neighborhood and almost entire city of Mumbai. :sad:
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:37 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

I find rains always very refreshing... brings to mind feelings like new beginings....first love...chai pakore....cuteness of wet crow on a clothes line

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old February 28th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Several months after rainy seasons ended ... I was still going around wearing my knee length Gum Boots. Became laughing stocks of skul kaalej, neighborhood and almost entire city of Mumbai. :sad:
Tantri pai, are you sure that you and I are not the same person We both seem to have undergone the same experiences I used to wear these heavy boots that the weight of them changed my walking style... became laughing stocks of skul kaalej, neighborhood and almost entire city of Mumbai. :sad:

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
Tantri pai, are you sure that you and I are not the same person We both seem to have undergone the same experiences I used to wear these heavy boots that the weight of them changed my walking style... became laughing stocks of skul kaalej, neighborhood and almost entire city of Mumbai. :sad:
duplicate id hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer
It has been raining here since yesterday. Cats and dogs literally. But it brought back some fond memories.

Wow!!! this takes me back to those school days when we enjoyed rain in the jungles of Aaray Milk Colony. I stay pretty close to milk colony .We all kids from building will wait for heavy rain and once it starts we will start walking to OP Garden ( Observation Post ) without umbrellas. Roaming in Aarey colony during July -August was so much fun. I guess if somebody has to walk through Aaray colony now then heavy traffic will make it impossible. I do really miss those days..........
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What memories does a rain bring back

When it used to rain, and it did pour during monsoons, in the place I was for my engineering, the biggest problem was the drinking water. It used to turn all brown and sometimes green or yellowish. We had to filter it twice over to drink.

The second biggest problem was that the toilet plumbing would be thrown off the tracks. The toilets could choke as there was no way for the water to go through the already choked and flooded sewer lines. Oh boy.,. Shitting was a pain.. One had to ensure that water was going down the toilet and then quickly shit and get over with it.
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
The second biggest problem was that the toilet plumbing would be thrown off the tracks. The toilets could choke as there was no way for the water to go through the already choked and flooded sewer lines. Oh boy.,. Shitting was a pain.. One had to ensure that water was going down the toilet and then quickly shit and get over with it.
hahahahha cha pai can relate any topic with a kamod and the morning job
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Eating hot butter dipped and coated with masala butta and walking on Juhu beach. Not to forget the absolutely hot vada pav outside Shivaji Park swimming pool and then eating it while walking in the rain. Miss those damn days
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hate rain....because of all that muck and mud...could not get to play soccer for good three months...I still wish it rain only on trees and fields
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Hate rain....because of all that muck and mud...could not get to play soccer for good three months...I still wish it rain only on trees and fields
Dhuru pai, you really do think otherwise... I remember playing soccer in the rain... still do sometimes But those days were so much fun... and sometimes the rain used to just pour down, while we were playing and all that slipping and sliding in the slush. No, Dhuru pai, do not think otherwise this time

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by padhu
Eating hot butter dipped and coated with masala butta and walking on Juhu beach. Not to forget the absolutely hot vada pav outside Shivaji Park swimming pool and then eating it while walking in the rain. Miss those damn days
Abey bawa.. bhool gay akya?? Rains mant that Kings Circle would be flooded.. all the way upto Aurora talkies... School would be closed for the day!! Yippeee!!!
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeh daulat bhi lelo, yeh shoharat bhi lelo
Bhale cheen lo, mujhse meri jawani
Magar mujhko lautado bachpan ka sawan
Woh kagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani

and those beautiful little soft, red bugs

Sent from my iPhone.
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
i too hate rain...snow is okay but please no rain....have had enuf or rain in B'lore....sunny bright days are best...
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
Yeh daulat bhi lelo, yeh shoharat bhi lelo
Bhale cheen lo, mujhse meri jawani
Magar mujhko lautado bachpan ka sawan
Woh kagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani
pl. see edited version here:

daulat bhi dedo, shoharat bhi dedo
mat cheen lo, mujhse meri jawani
aur mujhko lautado bachpan without sawan
Woh kagaz ki kashti, woh bath tub mein paani