eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 18th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Banned

Jat will become famous soon enough
How do you picture your God ?

If God had a face
what would it look like
and would you want to see
if seeing meant that you would
have to believe
in things like heaven
and in Jesus and the saints
and all the prophets

We Once had this as an assignment in theology (My Hobby Subject in college ) --draw a picture of God. Being an agnostic at that time, I drew a picture of the solar system and wrote in tiny little letters at the bottom,

"If God exists, then he is in everything,"
so as not to offend my die hard theist teachers who were present.

One girl turned in a blank piece of paper. The theology teacher gave her a zero because she didn't give an explaination for it.

So how do my theist bretheren at echarcha and their sisters picture their God ?

I always picture him like this -

Imagine an erect penis (symbolizing logic) that twists four-dimensionally to become a vagina (symbolizing absurdity, or maybe the symbolism should go the other way around); this entity is eternally screwing itself like a dirtier version of Ouroboros. Except you can't really picture it because you'd have to be outside of it to picture it, and you can't get outside of it, because it's all of reality, self-contained and self-creating.
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you picture your God ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jat
Imagine an erect penis (symbolizing logic) that twists four-dimensionally to become a vagina (symbolizing absurdity, or maybe the symbolism should go the other way around); this entity is eternally screwing itself like a dirtier version of Ouroboros. Except you can't really picture it because you'd have to be outside of it to picture it, and you can't get outside of it, because it's all of reality, self-contained and self-creating.
Jattuji,

ur describing the Shivalinga in essence.