eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old April 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Change is Permanent -- a good thought to contemplate upon

Found this interesting ... worth a reading and may be more contemplation in solitude ...

Quote:
The whole universe, scientists now tell us, is nothing but change, activity, and process—a totality of flux that is the ground of all things:

Every subatomic interaction consists of the annihilation of the original particles and the creation of new subatomic particles. The subatomic world is a continual dance of creation and annihilation, of mass changing into energy and energy changing to mass. Transient forms sparkle in and out of existence, creating a never-ending, forever newly created reality What is our life but this dance of transient forms? Isn't everything always changing: the leaves on the trees in the park, the light in your room as you read this, the seasons, the weather, the time of day, the people passing you in the street? And what about us? Doesn't everything we have done in the past seem like a dream now? The friends we grew up with, the childhood haunts, those views and opinions we once held with such single-minded passion: We have left them all behind. Now, at this moment, reading this book seems vividly real to you. Even this page will soon be only a memory.

The cells of our body are dying, the neurons in our brain are decaying, even the expression on our face is always changing, depending on our mood. What we call our basic character is only a "mindstream," nothing more. Today we feel good because things are going well; tomorrow we feel the opposite. Where did that good feeling go? New influences took us over as circumstances changed: We are impermanent, the influences are impermanent, and there is nothing solid or lasting anywhere that we can point to. What could be more unpredictable than our thoughts and emotions: do you have any idea what you are going to think or feel next? Our mind, in fact, is as empty, as impermanent, and as transient as a dream. Look at a thought: It comes, it stays, and it goes. The past is past, the future not yet risen, and even the present thought, as we experience it, becomes the past. The only thing we really have is nowness, is now.

Sometimes when I teach these things, a person will come up to me afterward and say: "All this seems obvious! I've always known it. Tell me something new." I say to him or her: "Have you actually understood, and realized, the truth of impermanence? Have you so integrated it with your every thought, breath, and movement that your life has been transformed? Ask yourself these two questions: Do I remember at every moment that I am dying, and everyone and everything else is, and so treat all beings at all times with compassion? Has my understanding of death and impermanence become so keen and so urgent that I am devoting every second to the pursuit of enlightenment? If you can answer 'yes' to both of these, then you have really understood impermanence."

[source: The book of living and dying]
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Dil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Change is Permanent -- a good thought to contemplate upon

It is the laws that prophet muhammad laid down in the quran which are permanent , you infidel !!
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil-hai-pak View Post
It is the laws that prophet muhammad laid down in the quran which are permanent , you infidel !!
yeah I know, except that muhammad too was impermanent and had to leave
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Banned

Dil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond reputeDil-hai-pak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
yeah I know, except that muhammad too was impermanent and had to leave
he was just the messenger of god

after delivering god's message he had to leave

however historian will durant has said about him--'' no man on earth has ever fully achieved his dream more than prophet muhammad ''
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he was just the messenger of god

after delivering god's message he had to leave

however historian will durant has said about him--'' no man on earth has ever fully achieved his dream more than prophet muhammad ''
I have a similar dream of willing all mankind to destruction of their own free will... but sad to say I have not even achieved a small percentage of my dream... whereas he seems to have fully achieved his

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:38 PM

Mahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond repute

Do I remember at every moment that I am dying, and everyone and everything else is, and so treat all beings at all times with compassion?

YES

Has my understanding of death and impermanence become so keen and so urgent that I am devoting every second to the pursuit of enlightenment?

YES

If you can answer 'yes' to both of these, then you have really understood impermanence

COOL!! They don't call me Mr Impermanence for no reason!!
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakali View Post
Do I remember at every moment that I am dying, and everyone and everything else is, and so treat all beings at all times with compassion?

YES

Has my understanding of death and impermanence become so keen and so urgent that I am devoting every second to the pursuit of enlightenment?

YES

If you can answer 'yes' to both of these, then you have really understood impermanence

COOL!! They don't call me Mr Impermanence for no reason!!
I understand the 'YES' to the first question but will disagree to the 'YES' to the second one. I think the answer to the second question should be 'NO' for you to understand impermanence. Your 'YES' makes me feel that you do not understand impermanence but because of the self-title you gave yourself you should be called Mr. Impertinence

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I have a similar dream of willing all mankind to destruction of their own free will... but sad to say I have not even achieved a small percentage of my dream... whereas he seems to have fully achieved his
what destruction ??

it is the modern idea of secularism and westernisation that is destroying societies .

look at the dwindling population of these so-called modern societies....

very soon these societies are going to be bereft of population --for example look at the dwindling populations of countries like japan , germany and russia , and the dwindling populations among the caucasians of america , france , UK.......

on the other hand , islam teaches to increase population.....

either you populate , or you perish......

islam will save the world from perishing.......
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
what destruction ??

it is the modern idea of secularism and westernisation that is destroying societies .

look at the dwindling population of these so-called modern societies....

very soon these societies are going to be bereft of population --for example look at the dwindling populations of countries like japan , germany and russia , and the dwindling populations among the caucasians of america , france , UK.......

on the other hand , islam teaches to increase population.....

either you populate , or you perish......

islam will save the world from perishing.......
Well, for an answer to that you just have to figure out whether you want to live as a cheetah/lion or a cockroach/insect. One is becoming extinct but the other is prolific. One is pleasant (however harmful) and the other just an irritant (however irrelevant).

You got to note that not all quotes in the superlative are in your favour

Old April 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Mahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond reputeMahakali has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I understand the 'YES' to the first question but will disagree to the 'YES' to the second one. I think the answer to the second question should be 'NO' for you to understand impermanence. Your 'YES' makes me feel that you do not understand impermanence but because of the self-title you gave yourself you should be called Mr. Impertinence
I disagree with your assessment. A lot of my colleagues have commented in passing - "dude! your understanding of death and impermanence is pretty keen and urgent!!"

I have dedicated every micro-second to the pursuit of enlightenment...toh second kya cheez hai??
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakali View Post
I disagree with your assessment. A lot of my colleagues have commented in passing - "dude! your understanding of death and impermanence is pretty keen and urgent!!"

I have dedicated every micro-second to the pursuit of enlightenment...toh second kya cheez hai??
like what...writing Mahakalchakra novel wherein Indra rapes some demon's wife and thereafter Narad enjoys her too?