eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old May 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dream Interpretation !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
Last year (in october) I did start reading extensively about 'diffused brain injury' (diffuse axonal injury to be specific) and how it manifests especially in next 72hrs to understand brain functions better. I gave up reading due to work pressure. guess its the right time to re-visit the topic and 'brain' in general to gain some useless knowledge.

Knowledge did no harm to none. Take away medical terms and neuron linguistic-jingo ... 50% of it all is really an ability to think out of the box and intelligent common-sense ... isn't it? If not yet ... at some stage you will reach such conclusion ... noh?

I get your point..something triggers....organs start failing (multiple organ failure)..sth..sth....phase wise shutting (except in sudden death)....hmmm....

Except in sudden death if related to brain injury ... noh? Otherwise it always is left to the brain to turn-off the lights before closing the shop ...

Books provide all the answers ... except one ... Landyabhai type of question. So what happens to consciousness (the soul ... no longer sitting on the fence ... consciousness is the after-life soul ... no doubts left)? ... Landyabhai has provided the answer in many of his posts ... think he has ... he must have. Except ... he spoils it by quoting other people (who are often dead thousand years ago) and old books, some of us got no patience for. One of these days ... Landyabhai is sure to come confidently to declare ... here, this is what I THINK happens to the consciousness after death? I wait ... with patience.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; May 20th, 2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Except in sudden death if related to brain injury ... noh? Otherwise it always is left to the brain to turn-off the lights before closing the shop.

Spriteji ... ... let's sprute ... leave this topic. Must be driving members nuts ... taboo ... most humans have natural aversion to the subject ... can't blame. Difficult ... repugnant ... emotionally.

I do apologize to the members.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
I think Premi's friend inviting her friend over at her place and making love to him in her dream shows a repressed urge for adventure and risk-taking. It also shows that not everything is fine with her sex-life. She needs to frankly talk to her husband and work on improving the physical intimacy aspect of their relationship.
Quote:
Not only you are confusing the poor soul even more but also giving more clues to predators to exploit her

now blame it to my sixth sense who knew that you ll be will be shocked on this kind of reply.

what san..., baa..., you are mistaken with someone else I think chhote
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talk of gratitude!

I didn't read your lady friend's copy/paste ... I stopped at word "pink" ... I am a gentleman who refuses to invade a woman's privacy unless she invites me to invade her privacy. Is the reason I asked if she wishes to see me but you got offended. I still am trying to make head or tail of why did you get offended?

Why were you offended?

Otherwise rest of my participation has been limited to Spriteji and a comment or two to Rakhiji. So, why were you offended?

I am a nobody ... she can have me for free but Spriteji doesn't come cheap ... talk of gratitude ... HEY RAM.

So why are you offended?
dream interpretation it was, stopped feeling offended @ tantrickdhongi babaji's replies no more but one true feeling is never too much to ask for a naive girl like her. Is it? pink is not always underwear ad the shade you stop its the color for research for the cancer too so never put a stop a stop on your heart's feelings whereever you see or hear 'pink' it could be somebody asking you couple of bucks to support fights against cancer or it could be against RamSena's beating-the-kissing-couples too.

Now read the full dream beyond 'pink' too and tell me what you think the mind is thinking. dont feel ashamed if you have to put off your LLKC mask for one post or so and if you are feel free to PM me.

no offense but still
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
btw what is this thread doing in philosophy section when it is a clear case of 'relationship' issue
relationship no pappu pyaare its not that issue, nobody is asking what the girl should do to be true to her feelings and heart or how to tell her hubby without creaste a mess in the relation, its pure philosophy of how a mind react in sleep on the issues that are not even exists in real world. same thing I suspect after watching 'jaane tu ya jaane na' when the Imran's gf ( not aditi) started playing 'whats that' game with him.
no web-sites, books I found on this otherwise I ll discuss it in the technology section.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
ghor paapi this premi is !!
and Confucius says men to stay away from their married 'women' friends no matter how close they were before wedding-day. He says that you friends must be mature but how can you be sure about the maturity of their husbands (and in-laws) ? point to ponder....men by nature are more possessive and insecure compared to women. No, they dont show it
Talk about 360 degree feedback. "Team us"-the wannabe smartasses' at echarcha service always
the relationship you ll find it became stronger by many folds when one of the friends is married or both and I dont have to prove this here to you chhote, you might know this after spending quite a bunch of your time on echarcha. friendship turns into stronger relationships when there is no expectations except a true and heathly advise in each n every feeling you want to share with your best friends.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Landyabhai is sure to come confidently to declare ... here, this is what I THINK happens to the consciousness after death? I wait ... with patience.
I m waiting ....too.
Old June 7th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
I m waiting ....too.
Unfortunately Premi Pai, I still have theoretical information (not first hand knowledge by personal experience) ...

Here is an interesting set of lines that I read from, "Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle" (it is available in pdf if anyone is interested)

This one is from the chapter titled "Death and the Eternal"

Quote:
How short-lived every human experience is, how fleeting our lives. Is there
anything that is not subject to birth and death, anything that is eternal?
Consider this: if there were only one color, let us say blue, and the entire world and
everything in it were blue, then there would be no blue. There needs to be
something that is not blue so that blue can be recognized; otherwise, it would not
“stand out,” would not exist.
In the same way, does it not require something that is not fleeting and impermanent
for the fleetingness of all things to be recognized? In other words: if everything,
including yourself, were impermanent, would you even know it? Does the fact that
you are aware of and can witness the short-lived nature of all forms, including your
own, not mean that there is something in you that is not subject to decay?
When you are twenty, you are aware of your body as strong and vigorous; sixty
years later, you are aware of your body as weakened and old. Your thinking too
may have changed from when you were twenty, but the awareness that knows that
your body is young or old or that your thinking has changed has undergone no
change. That awareness is the eternal in you–consciousness itself. It is the formless
One Life. Can you lose It? No, because you are It.

Quote:
Just as water can be solid, liquid, or gaseous, consciousness can be seen to be
frozen as physical matter, liquid as mind and thought, or formless as pure
consciousness. Pure consciousness is life before it comes into manifestation and
that life looks at the world of form through your eyes because consciousness is who
you are. When you know yourself as that, then you recognize yourself in
everything. It is a state of complete clarity of perception. You are no longer an
entity with a heavy past that becomes a screen of concepts through which every
experience is interpreted. When you perceive without interpretation, you can then
sense what it is that is perceiving. The most we can say in language is that there is a
field of alert stillness in which the perception happens. Through you, formless
consciousness has become aware of itself.
The only thing I can vouch for is the following that I have felt when I am lost in thoughts ... (again quoting from Tolle's book)

Quote:
The human condition: Lost in thought.
and sometimes this when I am meditating ...

Quote:
When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you
lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world.
Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness. This is
the “I Am” that is deeper than name and form.

Last edited by landyaBhai; June 7th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old June 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Books provide all the answers ... except one ... Landyabhai type of question. So what happens to consciousness (the soul ... no longer sitting on the fence ... consciousness is the after-life soul ... no doubts left)? ... Landyabhai has provided the answer in many of his posts ... think he has ... he must have. Except ... he spoils it by quoting other people (who are often dead thousand years ago) and old books, some of us got no patience for. One of these days ... Landyabhai is sure to come confidently to declare ... here, this is what I THINK happens to the consciousness after death? I wait ... with patience.
Unfortunately, Yogiji, I have words (not my words) but words from a book that I had recently read ... It is Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle ...

Here might be some of the aphorisms that may or may not answer the question related to consciousness and death but are somehow related to both ...

When you walk though a forest that has not been tamed and interfered with by man, you will see not only abundant life around you, but you will also encounter fallen trees and decaying trunks, rotting leaves and decomposing matter at every step. Wherever you look, you will find death as well as life.
Upon closer scrutiny, however, you will discover that the decomposing tree trunk and rotting leaves not only give birth to new life, but are full of life themselves. Microorganisms are at work. Molecules are rearranging themselves. So death isn’t to be found anywhere. There is only the metamorphosis of life forms. What can you learn from this?
Death is not the opposite of life. Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.

Sages and poets throughout the ages have recognized the dreamlike quality of human existence–seemingly so solid and real and yet so fleeting that it could dissolve at any moment. At the hour of your death, the story of your life may, indeed, appear to you like a dream that is coming to an end. Yet even in a dream there must be an essence that is real. There must be a consciousness in which the dream happens; otherwise, it would not be.
That consciousness–does the body create it or does consciousness create the dream of body, the dream of somebody?
Why have most of those who went through a near-death experience lost their fear of death? Reflect upon this.

Of course you know you are going to die, but that remains a mere mental concept until you meet death “in person” for the first time: through a serious illness or an accident that happens to you or someone close to you, or through the passing away of a loved one, death enters your life as the awareness of your own mortality. Most people turn away from it in fear, but if you do not flinch and face the fact that your body is fleeting and could dissolve at any moment, there is some degree of disidentification, however slight, from your own physical and psychological form, the “me.” When you see and accept the impermanent nature of all life forms, a strange sense of peace comes upon you. Through facing death, your consciousness is freed to some extent from identification with form. This is why in some Buddhist traditions, the monks regularly visit the morgue to sit and meditate among the dead bodies. There is still a widespread denial of death in Western cultures. Even old people try not to speak or think about it, and dead bodies are hidden away. A culture that denies death inevitably becomes shallow and superficial, concerned only with the external form of things. When death is denied, life loses its depth. The possibility of knowing who we are beyond name and form, the dimension of the transcendent, disappears from our lives because death is the opening into that dimension.

Some people become deeply peaceful and almost luminous just before they die, as if something is shining through the dissolving form. Sometimes it happens that very ill or old people become almost transparent, so to
speak, in the last few weeks, months, or even years of their lives. As they look at you, you may see a light shining through their eyes. There is no psychological suffering left. They have surrendered and so the person, the mind-made egoic “me,” has already dissolved. They have “died before they died” and found the deep inner peace that is the realization of the deathless within themselves.
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sea , stagnant water ... seems like a sea n im in the water. I had this kinda dream twice a week. Do not what does it mean?

does anyone have any idea?
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe somebody will interpret this dream I had last night. Very strange...

In the dream I was at a wedding reception... gujju friend... don't know and don't know who exactly got married. A very big reception. There were multiple banquet halls (may be on multiple floors, don't remember)... and food everywhere... food up the wazoo. All types of food... food from this world and food from that world. Most of the dream I was in two minds... should I pile up my plate and start eating... or should I stroll around first and check everything and then decide what to eat.

Anyway... it was a long dream sequence with multiple aspects and stories. In one scene I somehow ended up in the neighbouring building... don't ask me how (it was a dream)... and had to jump out the window of an apartment on to the fire-exit just to get back to where the food was but the specific point I want to discuss was this,

There were four exquisite cakes on a table and I was eating a piece of one of them. It was the very best cake I had ever tasted. Bluish cream and all. There was a cake next to the one I had taken from but only one piece was left. And I wondered if the one I was eating was so good how would that last piece be... as it was almost over. I had to taste it. As I walked to the table, a little kid (maybe 5 or 6) was trying to reach for the cake. The attendant was distracted at that moment and the kid was just able to reach the piece. He could only hold a small crumb of it and was putting it in his mouth. The attendant turned and saw the kid licking his fingers and shushed him away.

I walked up to the table and took the last piece and placed it in my plate. As I was moving away I happened to look at the attendant and he had a look of horror on his face. I followed his line of site and there was this elderly man (in his sixties) on the floor nearby... apparently having a heart-attack or something. I put a spoonful of cake in my mouth... then started shouting, "Doctor... is there a doctor here... we need a doctor... quick... docter". A man came in from the neighbouring banquet room and said he is a doctor. He ran up to the man on the floor and started checking him out. After looking at his pulse he looked up and said, "Too late... he is dead". Zoom to the man on the floor... and he is in the typical dead position.

Most of the above is exactly how I saw it... though I took some dreamatic liberty with some words and descriptions. So... what does this all mean

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniya 2 View Post
Sea , stagnant water ... seems like a sea n im in the water. I had this kinda dream twice a week. Do not what does it mean?

Hey... I started my post well before yours. Now you have started derailing people even before they post

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:

What does it mean... simple. Do not leave your country to go to US. Lots of oceans and you are probably going to drown

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
What does it mean... simple. Do not leave your country to go to US. Lots of oceans and you are probably going to drown

no i wanot drowning
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
no i wanot drowning
I am just interpreting your dream to you. In your dream you were not... in real, you will