eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Bargain Basement

Notices

Bargain Basement All the hot deals on shopping , air tickets and stuff!

Old March 18th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Tomatoes 2.24$ per lb

Guys, I dont know about other states but here in New Hampshire, I have purchased the costliest tomatoes .. Before that in Michigan the maximum price that went up because of Florida hurricane some years back was 1.25$ per lb but here in Walmart, Salem, NH it has actually crossed all price expectations ... Wonder why I did a PhD ... should have become a farmer ... saala 6 tamatar for like 7$ and change ...

tum log kitney mein khareedtey ho?
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tomatoes 2.24$ per lb

Roflmao ... hahahahaha I toT, I tot ... I heard it all ... never dreamt of the day when a man with doctorate in his pants and million options to beat is gona want to know price of tamaters.

I dont know the prices of tamaters in Jummritaliaya but I can tell you one thing ... they are red. Have you see ass of certain breed of monekys ... Tamaters redder than ass of those monekys.

I am talking RED ... tamaters as red as cheeks of a woman having biggest O of her life. OOOps ... sorry Laandyabhai ... I fogrgot ... you wouldn't know what I speak of. Never mind ... forget it. Tamater as karak as ... never mind. Forget it. Landyabhai, you will not know what I speak of.

Anyway what I am trying to convey to you is that tamaters here are really RED and KARAK.

I dont know how to explain to you color RED of tamaters in Jummritalaiya but lekin you do know what I mean by KARAK? Karak as in if you try press tamaters ... you break your fingers ... so karak.

Will let you know the price after lunch. I will export you few killos if you like the price. I will guarantee you the quality ... at the time I pack them.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tomatoes 2.24$ per lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Roflmao ... hahahahaha I toT, I tot ... I heard it all ... never dreamt of the day when a man with doctorate in his pants and million options to beat is gona want to know price of tamaters.
Tantu, it is not about million options or a doctorate ... It is just about the ridiculous price of a simple thing that we use it almost daily ... This country is weird ... very weird ... and it is Walmart that says "lowest prices" and I was stupid enough to fall for that ... actually there was another chain store nearby and I checked the price ... Guess what it is 99cents/lb ... Now tell me should my PhD or my options not let me wonder about this dilemma ...

actually my friends in India have always said which parallels a famous dialogue from some movie ... "baraane ki murgi charane ka masala" ... saala yeh desh hi aisa hai ..
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Rs. 6/- // kg. in Mumbai!
Must be around Rs.4/-//kg. in Vashi!
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
Guys, I dont know about other states but here in New Hampshire, I have purchased the costliest tomatoes .. Before that in Michigan the maximum price that went up because of Florida hurricane some years back was 1.25$ per lb but here in Walmart, Salem, NH it has actually crossed all price expectations ... Wonder why I did a PhD ... should have become a farmer ... saala 6 tamatar for like 7$ and change ...

tum log kitney mein khareedtey ho?
Actually, I wonder how you got a PhD

You feel its expensive and yet you buy it Instead you should go online and check prices in different stores....that's how I decide which supermarket to go to each week (one that has more discounts on different items that I usually buy)
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Actually, I wonder how you got a PhD
me too ... I also wonder why that degree has to have any relationship with intellect or for that matter intelligence ... or for that matter with buying Tomatoes

In Michigan, they used to have farmer's market and we used to go there ... Also there was this chain of stores that sold only fruits and vegetables, known as Joe Randazzo's ... They dont have it here in MA?
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tomatoes 2.24$ per lb

BhaYa ... I got great news for you. Monkey's arse tamaters are 2.50 a kilo. Grant Road Pilla House typle tamaters are 0.99 a kilo. A 500 gram can of tomater purree is 1.89.

But if I was to drive other end of town in to people of mid-east area ... leftover sarelas could be no more than 0.50 cents a kilo.

2.2lbs=kilo

BhaYa ... I also got prices of Bengan, aaloo, pyaz, gajar, hareesabzi, ginger, garlick, and few other ... let me know if and when you need. I am sure prices of these items are good for atleast a year. I hope.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; March 18th, 2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Stop eating tomatoes, collect Ketchup sachets from McDonalds

Bhai.. tomato nahi to nahin.. kya farak padta hain?
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

If I see tomatoes for around $0.99-$1.50 per lb, I buy them

else I follow Charcha's idea. (j/k)
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Landya...look for more grocery shops around. Weekends visit farmers market if they are near. Check with Sams club....I got 3 ponds of Roma tomatoes for 3.50. Indian shops sell here from 79 cents to 1.50 $ per pound. Asian grocery shops sell from 79 cents to 99 cents....and there are few mexican people who buy vegetables from farmers market and sell them sitting outside gas stations...that is my place to buy Tomatoes ---- Roma 6 for 1 $ and big ones 3 for 1 $...you will find better priced shop for sure...and for emergency always keep canned diced tomatoes and always stock Tomato paste for special recipes and making delicious home made Pasta sauce....Do you eat pasta?