eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 31st, 2003, 12:05 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
The walls on which the prophets wrote

Is cracking at the seams.
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams.
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams,
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
As silence drowns the screams.

Between the iron gates of fate,
The seeds of time were sown,
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known;
Knowledge is a deadly friend
When no one sets the rules.
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools.

Confusion will be my epitaph.
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back
and laugh.
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.

--------------------------------------------------
Advisers split as war unfolds
One faction hopes Bush notes ‘bum advice’ from the other

WASHINGTON, March 31 — The first 11 days of the war have brought back with a vengeance the deep splits that have long existed within the Bush administration and the Republican Party over policy toward Iraq.

ALREADY THERE is a behind-the-scenes effort by former senior Republican government officials and party leaders to convince President Bush that the advice he has received from Vice President Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and Deputy Defense Secretary Paul D. Wolfowitz — a powerful triumvirate frequently at odds with Secretary of State Colin L. Powell — has been wrong and even dangerous to long-term U.S. national interests.
Citing past public statements by Cheney and others about the prospective ease with which the Iraq war could be won and the warm welcome U.S. forces would receive from the Iraqi people, one former GOP appointee said he and his allies were looking at “whether this president has learned something from this bum advice he has been getting.”

http://www.msnbc.com/news/893141.asp

Mark Twain
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:45 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
This will depend on the outcome of the War. I think if things go on like they are now, (12th day of war and they are almost 40 miles of bagdad.. and fairly low Coilation casualities), Bush stands to benefit in the long run..

This is how it might work out.. USA, brits, aussies share the major portion of the spoils. Now think about how their economy will change? What with virtually unlimited oil, Contracts to rebuild, Sale of goods.. bush might just get elected a second time around to mess with someone else.. Second term he has nothing to lose as he cannot contest elections anymore.. so he might try more adventures then.
Old March 31st, 2003, 01:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant future
Right said pelu.

I am amazed on how wrong my perception was about Bush. Around 18-20 months ago, I was betting that he will be for sure one-time president, but now the way things are going for him I do not see anyone standing in his way for the re-election.
Old March 31st, 2003, 01:34 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

that's why I respect Gore as the smartest democrat...he chose not to stand up for another showdown with Bush after 9/11
Old March 31st, 2003, 01:45 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Also, imagine, with Iraqi oil under USA control, OPEC Suddenly looks so freeking toothless!!!

So This is what Bushy would have achieved.

A DMZ'd iraq..
with only US military in Iraq a nice base to screw all over the world
Cut off all funding the the jihad/hammas et. al.
No more financial incentive for a Palestinian Suicide bomber
Right to bugger Sauds at his free time and will
Right to bugger syria, libiya, Iran at his free time and will
(wow USA has bases in either side of Iran!!! )
French Germans losing their tooth
Russians twiddling fingers in the corner
Oil Oil and more Oil
Contracts and business in Iraq
UN legitimacy in shambles
American economy recovery
Almost a walkover to White House in 2006.

Now if that is not proving how well he knows the game of politics and power.. what can?

Current base scenario

Far East: South Korea and Japan
Middle East : Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain
Indian Ocean: Diago garcia
Asia: Afganistan
UK, France, Germany Europe
Ofcourse all over USA.

That is some potent power.. man oh man..

If france and germans refuse.. UK bases are there for Europe
Afgan and Iraq will be theirs to use for decades to come for Asia and Middle Eastern operations. Keeping that in view, who needs UN? Certainly not USA.
Old March 31st, 2003, 01:53 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Pelu

I would rather have your predictions come true than some Liberal whacko run the US and screw it all up!! yes.. cheap oil for my car over some Iraqi bum!! (Baaas.. kya mirchi lagne wali hai kuch logo ko!! )
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:10 PM
Pelu Pelu

Syria already lubing up..

'Iraq's WMD may be hidden in Syria'

Jerusalem, March 31

Iraqi chemical and biological weapons may be hidden in Syria, a senior Israeli intelligence officer told a parliamentary committee in Jerusalem on Monday, Israeli public radio said.

"It is possible Iraq transferred missiles and weapons of mass destruction into Syria," General Yossi Kupperwasser told the committee.

http://headlines.sify.com/1934news2.html?headline='Iraq's~WMD~may~be~hidden~in~Syria'
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:12 PM
bakarchod

abhee GC milne ke baad ye haal hai agar citizenship mil gayee to india gaya bhaad mein. kill all the indians too if USA will get some other cheap things for you right bro?
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
and some is in Libya......

Old March 31st, 2003, 02:16 PM
in Bartania

smartganduinuk will become famous soon enough
Re: Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

yes.. cheap oil for my car over some Iraqi bum!!
Thats why I would have loved 10 more 9/11s
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:26 PM
Pelu Pelu

Re: Re: Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by smartganduinuk
Thats why I would have loved 10 more 9/11s

Well this is what I was talking about. The whole dynamics will change after this war. Not only will there be more acts of violence againt civilians.. there will be an entire new breed of people who will rejoice from it.

This is the usual tell tale sign of the civilization realligning themself.

There might be attack over in Arab World on american/brit anyone gora but will it get exported to USA I would seriously doubt it. Besides, we cannot do much about the war or the consequences or payback there of.
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:30 PM
in Bartania

smartganduinuk will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Well this is what I was talking about. The whole dynamics will change after this war. Not only will there be more acts of violence againt civilians.. there will be an entire new breed of people who will rejoice from it.

This is the usual tell tale sign of the civilization realligning themself.

There might be attack over in Arab World on american/brit anyone gora but will it get exported to USA I would seriously doubt it. Besides, we cannot do much about the war or the consequences or payback there of.
Perfectly right there pelu pai. Bilkul correct.

I guess things will change so much. No one will be able to feel safe inside their houses. Neither me, nor you, nor anybody else.

But people thought that America was a safe place. I think that notion has already gone and will be proved wrong even further.

Do you think when americans are attacked the world over - you can keep yourselves locked inside your own country ??

If you(I mean americans) can do that - that would be US defeated
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:47 PM
Pelu Pelu

The irony here is, the very folks who are crying foul about civilian deaths in one place are actually "wishing" death on civilians else where. Not so pro-peace that is, is it?

Looks like if one of those peace activists get credible information about another 9/11 kind of attack in the near future, they would rather keep mum that alert someone who might be able to prevent it.

A very interesting shift of dogma. Not that I am in a position to judge if that is right or wrong.

As I have not taken a position either pro/anti war, I also do not want to take a position on that.
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:47 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by smartganduinuk
Perfectly right there pelu pai. Bilkul correct.

I guess things will change so much. No one will be able to feel safe inside their houses. Neither me, nor you, nor anybody else.

But people thought that America was a safe place. I think that notion has already gone and will be proved wrong even further.

Do you think when americans are attacked the world over - you can keep yourselves locked inside your own country ??

If you(I mean americans) can do that - that would be US defeated
So what right does US have to endanger the whole world because of monkey eyes' greed for oil?

Mark Twain
Old March 31st, 2003, 02:52 PM
Pelu Pelu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by videsee
So what right does US have to endanger the whole world because of monkey eyes' greed for oil?
No right at all this war is certainly one that could have avoided.. show me one place where I have justified this war. I do not like saddam is a diffferent issue. But this war was inevitable. We knew it the day Bush took office. He will eliminate saddam whether there is a fair reason for that or not. Afterall bachpan ki dushmani hai.. khandaani dushmani hai. WMD, this threat that threat, al-quaida are all noise made to shadow the actual motive. Oil and Revenge.

So since it was a forgone conclution that this war was coming.. I did not find a need to take a position. Its like taking a position about sun rises in the east.. like it or not.. have protests, show support.. it still will rise in the east nothing can or will change that.