eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old April 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Love Saneless

Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why are converts more religious???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Shouldn't it be that way... a path to oneness How can two opposite ways lead to the same destination
Your definition of oneness??
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead On Arrival View Post
Your definition of oneness??
The state of brahman... the ultimate state... something that is undefinable by man at the moment. It could well be a state of nothingness

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Love Saneless

Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The state of brahman... the ultimate state... something that is undefinable by man at the moment. It could well be a state of nothingness
So if I belong to a religion of Many Gods.. Would I have to convert to a one God religion to attain oneness??
Can't I worship ALL gods and still be on the right path??
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So if I belong to a religion of Many Gods.. Would I have to convert to a one God religion to attain oneness??
Can't I worship ALL gods and still be on the right path??
I am confused too My question was what was the path? The direction

If you already believe in all gods... and you think that you do not need to follow any path to oneness... then how? Have you already attained oneness with the Brahman? Isn't attaining oneness a path that needs to be followed... to be strived for... something that is seared into our jeans Then what is that path? Do you now have to add more gods to the current pantheon

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't have given it a thought Sir.. but for the fact she seemed to be the self assured kind.. you know people who are bold and brazen.. that kind of a woman! Needless to add.. well educated and well read..!
Tough on outside ? Eh ? Weak inside ? Perhaps she didn't even try to understand the religion she was born in? Or she gave into missionary onslaught (don't get ideas)?

Quote:
Her changing the religion is fine by me.. but what I dont understand is if she wasnt pedantic before.. why is she so now?
The answer again is, she is reassuring herself. Forcefully justifying the change she made. She is hammering her mind and soul to agree with the change so as to present to the world "the practical", "the independent", "the bold", "the modern", "the open minded", "the progressive", "the pragmatic", "the novel doxastic outlook". She doesn't know enough to shun the beliefs of her parents and she knows it. She is utterly confused and she is living in denial.
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Love Saneless

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
Tough on outside ? Eh ? Weak inside ? Perhaps she didn't even try to understand the religion she was born in? Or she gave into missionary onslaught (don't get ideas)?

The answer again is, she is reassuring herself. Forcefully justifying the change she made. She is hammering her mind and soul to agree with the change so as to present to the world "the practical", "the independent", "the bold", "the modern", "the open minded", "the progressive", "the pragmatic", "the novel doxastic outlook". She doesn't know enough to shun the beliefs of her parents and she knows it. She is utterly confused and she is living in denial.
Hmmmmm.. maybe..
Actually.. yes.. you might be partially correct..
(The more I think of her..what you are saying makes sense)
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Love Saneless

Quote:
I am confused too My question was what was the path? The direction

If you already believe in all gods... and you think that you do not need to follow any path to oneness... then how? Have you already attained oneness with the Brahman? Isn't attaining oneness a path that needs to be followed... to be strived for... something that is seared into our jeans Then what is that path? Do you now have to add more gods to the current pantheon
Tell me something.. on the same lines.. Don't we need a guru to guide us?! (By "guru" I mean any enlightened soul.. can be someone from the family as well)
How would a lesser mortal like me attain what's supposed to attained until guided by someone?! Someone needs to show us the path.. right?! The Gods.. unfortunately.. don't really converse with me.. and they have never ever appeared in my dreams either..
HOW??!!!!!!