eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old December 12th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Junior eCharchan

LifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond repute
What is Karma?

I have recently gone through a personal tragedy. Accepted it and moving on. but some questions, you people seem highly read, wise, all rounders. , and all the other good stuff, hence the post.

Origomos - i remmeebr tthere was a thread you started - askign people to ask questions about god. Can you explain this please?

We believe in God, that he is super good. Why does he let bad thigns happen? that too for kids? - most popular response for this is Karma. They say you are beign punished for the bad deeds that you did in your previos life. When someone is dead or meets a bad fate - it not only effects them - it also affects their family. So where is the balance? he could punish him for the bad ddeds in the same life.......so he will know what his mistake is (after all punishment is for people to relaize what they did was wrong and they shd not do it again). So if he punishes them in next life - how will the perosn learn form his mistakes when he does not even know what the mistake was.

Am i right in assumiing karma stuff is trash and God - i dont knwo at this point i beleive he does not exist but automatically pray before goign to bed.
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:20 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Karma?

Karma's a bitch .. Not my words .. heard it somewhere
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeBuoy View Post

We believe in God, that he is super good. ...

Your basic premise is wrong. Agar foundation hi galat then what imarat you build

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Karma matlab jaisa karo ge waisa bharo gey ...aisa kuch right?
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniya 2 View Post
Karma matlab jaisa karo ge waisa bharo gey ...aisa kuch right?
That is correct... but it does not make any sense when it spans across lives. And that is what Lifebody pai is saying.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

LifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond repute

Karma is a bitch - super.

Soniya - thats right.

Sane - Fountaion is right (or worng? ) but hard to accept that God is not good. may be 28 yrs of brainwash effects

thanks.
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:

Sane - Fountaion is right (or worng? ) but hard to accept that God is not good. may be 28 yrs of brainwash effects

I do not understand this. Show me one religion and/or religious book that shows god/s as good. Just one... from anywhere in the world. Ye baat alag hai that every (or at least most) preacher in the world preaches otherwise

Old December 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have recently gone through a personal tragedy. Accepted it and moving on. but some questions, you people seem highly read, wise, all rounders. , and all the other good stuff, hence the post.

Origomos - i remmeebr tthere was a thread you started - askign people to ask questions about god. Can you explain this please?

We believe in God, that he is super good. Why does he let bad thigns happen? that too for kids? - most popular response for this is Karma. They say you are beign punished for the bad deeds that you did in your previos life. When someone is dead or meets a bad fate - it not only effects them - it also affects their family. So where is the balance? he could punish him for the bad ddeds in the same life.......so he will know what his mistake is (after all punishment is for people to relaize what they did was wrong and they shd not do it again). So if he punishes them in next life - how will the perosn learn form his mistakes when he does not even know what the mistake was.

Am i right in assumiing karma stuff is trash and God - i dont knwo at this point i beleive he does not exist but automatically pray before goign to bed.
I agree with you... things don't have to be the way they happen. I have understood, the key is to learn the language of the world. The air, the trees, the surroundings, they all speak to you. They scream out to you in their own language when things are about to happen. We in our bloated ego and pride, tend to overlook and neglect those communications. It is very hard to master the language and comprehend the subtle messages we constantly receive. Very few could claim to understand the "language of the air". However, the communications become very intense when there is something of an extreme nature that could happen....

You ask of the balance... the super intelligence is beyond our comprehension, we are told in scriptures. The balance exists, only that we fail to understand. Yet, things don't have to happen the way they happen... It really doesn't have to be this way. Things could happen differently and still keep balance.

Last edited by krantikari; December 13th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old December 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
I agree with you... things don't have to be the way they happen. I have understood, the key is to learn the language of the world. The air, the trees, the surroundings, they all speak to you. They scream out to you in their own language when things are about to happen. We in our bloated ego and pride, tend to overlook and neglect those communications. It is very hard to master the language and comprehend the subtle messages we constantly receive. Very few could claim to understand the "language of the air". However, the communications become very intense when there is something of an extreme nature that could happen....

You ask of the balance... the super intelligence is beyond our comprehension, we are told in scriptures. The balance exists, only that we fail to understand. Yet, things don't have to happen the way they happen... It really doesn't have to be this way. Things could happen differently and still keep balance.
Looks like Landbadabhaiya pai is going around biting people

Old December 14th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Banned

EkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant futureEkateesMaarKhan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Show me one religion and/or religious book that shows god/s as good. Just one... from anywhere in the world.
Hinduism - Ramayan says ram is a (or avtar of) good god.
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkateesMaarKhan View Post
Hinduism - Ramayan says Ram is a (or avtar of) good God.

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkateesMaarKhan View Post
Hinduism - Ramayan says ram is a (or avtar of) good god.
Ha ha... Ram a good god. Wonder anybody thought of asking Sita... or Bali... or Ravan... or even Lakshman or Bharat... or Shatrughan (Sinha?)

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Orijinally d Dooplikate!!

Metafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My condolences on the personal loss....am also in the same boots as you on the personal loss issue.

I have been wondering and wondering like a mad possessive man on the different possibilities that might have been the cause...and of course as of now...think its stupid to carry over, why punish when you can be punished in the same life and finish it off...rather than carry over....

Numerous answers are there...wonder which one answers the feeling of loss....but for me...I am not seeking an answer to my feeling of the loss.....but for the pain caused to my kid....why? Why? WHY????????

Old December 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

The warning of past life karma means to tell us that we behave in this life so that we have a good life ahead.There are certain things which are destined to happen but to pacify us during the grief/pain period some point it out as punishment from last life,in many cases those are not true.
As far as my petite knowledge tells me past karma and life after death,hell/heaven are all stories cooked by wise men so that men specially the fearless ones behave.And in a way some of those things did tame many in the past and continues to do even in present time.
Quote:

Old December 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

cannot exactly define karma.

but simply put, the sum total of all negative & positive energies has to be a peaceful state with zero (or minimum) potential energy.

thats the funda. call it 'karma' or 'repenting your misdeeds' or 'punya ka fal' or 'paap ka dand'