eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old June 25th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Banned

CYBERIAN is on a distinguished road
abey unpud

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Cyberian comes from a family of hermaphrodites. His whole childhood was spent dodging insulting questions from other kids as to why he fills in the same name for both mother and father in the school forms.

This seems to have left a permanent impression. Unfortunately, Cyberian's kid will have to go thro' the same.
abey unpud PIG-JI

did u have to fill mom's name in you school forms. I had to rite only dad's.

Remember correctly was it a school or veterinary hospital?!
Old June 25th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Its easy....

Biggie, I don't think u need to boil it or anything.Atleast I don't remember my mom doin that.OK,here's the recipe as best as I can recollect .."My Amma's magic" recipe...

Ingredients:

1 goat's brain.
3 serrano chillies or more according to taste(finely chopped)
1 small onion(finely chopped)
Cumin seeds(1 tblspoon each)
Turmeric powder (1 teaspoon)
Cilantro/coriander
Salt to taste

Method:

1.Clean the brain of all the red tissues,etc. Using warm water should do good.
2.Take some oil in a pan.Heat it and add the cumin seeds.
3. Add the chillies.Saute it just a little.
4.Add onions,turmeric powder.
5.Saute till the onions turn transluscent.
6. Add the bheja and mix it all well.Add salt.
7.Cook till it looks cooked.. (can try covering it with a lid)
Shouldn't take more than 10 mins.
8.Garnish with coriander.

Note:u can add some masala,like garam masala or something according to taste.But I think it tastes best like this...simple.
Best with soft,mom ke haath ki chapatis!!!!aaaaaah! *sigh*

PS:I've never tried this recipe myself.But will if I can get bheja sometime...or nahin mila to..one day,if my BF pisses me off...u know wats cookin in my house that day...MWAHAHAHAHA...

Last edited by cool_jazzmin; June 25th, 2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old June 25th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Its easy....

Quote:
Originally posted by cool_jazzmin
3 soprano chillies or more according to taste(finely chopped)
sweetie, I think it should be Serrano chiles
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 25th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Talking Re: Its easy....

Quote:
Originally posted by cool_jazzmin
PS:I've never tried this recipe myself.But will if I can get bheja sometime...or nahin mila to..one day,if my BF pisses me off...u know wats cookin in my house that day...MWAHAHAHAHA...
Yeh Lorena ke dost har jagah ghoom rahe hain...
Old June 25th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Its easy....

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl

sweetie, I think it should be Serrano chiles
HA HA HA HA... ya..edited it.thanx SG!
"Sopranos" is a TV serial right??
Well,speaks volume about my culinary skills!!
Old June 25th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Add ginger and garlic paste to the oil after the cummin seed. And then add onions.. it makes the taste tangier.
Senior eCharchan

Re: Re: Its easy....

Quote:
Originally posted by nydood

Yeh Lorena ke dost har jagah ghoom rahe hain...
Arre sweetie, I don't like banana pie ....
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Talking

Thanks for the warning SG. I was gonna ask Jazz ki kabhi bana rahi ho
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Jazz...i am pretty positive about the boiling part. Brain has a weird smell. Boiling with dhaniya and discarding the water gets rid of the smell.
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Jazz...i am pretty positive about the boiling part. Brain has a weird smell. Boiling with dhaniya and discarding the water gets rid of the smell.
hmmmmm..maybe.I guess its always better to boil it,gettin rid of any kinda germs,etc in the process.But it shouldn't make the brain get soggy....cookin it so much...since the brain is pretty fragile and gets cooked soon.
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:07 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
I suggest ek din saare ikathhey ho ke cyberian ka bheja...boil/fry/banana pie karr daalo.....doubts bhi clear ho jaayeingay....jahaaz ko momy ko poochna bhi nai padegaa....aur dood bra khull ke ya to jahaazz ko court karr leingay ya phir there will ne a new recipe called dood malai by jahazz the next day...
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Talking

LOL dood malai
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by laal_langot
I suggest ek din saare ikathhey ho ke cyberian ka bheja...boil/fry/banana pie karr daalo.....doubts bhi clear ho jaayeingay....jahaaz ko momy ko poochna bhi nai padegaa....aur dood bra khull ke ya to jahaazz ko court karr leingay ya phir there will ne a new recipe called dood malai by jahazz the next day...
yeh kya ho raha hain??
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:20 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Bheja fry ho raha hai.....arrey pai there was confusion about smell hoti hai ya naheen hoti....boil hota hai ya naheen hota...sopranos ko bhi saath mein daal ke pateelay mein cook karna hai ya naheen karna....somebody wanted a banana pie whilst all the while cyberianm was volunteering for providing the raw material and dood pai was interested in having a family meal(family = him and you only I guess).....so this was my recipe using it all

so please continue with your posts about how to make mixed vegetables...
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

tempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud oftempest has much to be proud of
In case of CYBERIAN bheja fry though, it might be a good idea to soak the brain in phenyl for some time, before proceeding to cook.