eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Traditions and Festivals

Notices

Traditions and Festivals India's vibrant festivals and unique traditions..

Old November 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Question Will you get spiritual/religious experience in this environment ?

16 killed in stampede in Haridwar

Just look at the picture ..and tell me if you can experience god or anything like spiritual in this crowded environment ? I have now made it a point not to visit temples on any festivals or special occasions. I have visited tirupati in odd season like feb-march ..it is peaceful and easy for darshan. I simply do not see any point visiting temples/holy shrines in such crowded environment.

Sixteen people —— 14 women and two men —— were killed in a stampede on Tuesday during a religious ceremony attended by tens of thousands of devotees near the famous ‘Har Ki Pauri’ ghat on the banks of the Ganges river.

At least 30 people were injured in the stampede that broke out when people tried to enter the ‘yajnashala’(place of sacred fire ceremony) at Chandidweep Ghat for the birth centenary celebrations of Acharya Pandit Shriram Sharma.

The Acharya, a saint—scholar—philosopher, was the founder of Shantikunj Ashram and also the founder father of ‘Akhil Vishwa Gayatri Pariwar’ which has a huge following.

Sub-Divisional Magistrate Harbir Singh said 16 people were killed in the stampede in this pilgrim town in the hill state of Uttrakhand.

“It appears that suffocation in the area led to the stampede but exact cause will only come out after an inquiry,” he said. Most of the dead were reported to be aged.

District Magistrate Senthil Pandian ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.

Eyewitnesses said the stampede in this town occured at around 10.30 a.m when a few people tripped while those behind continued to push forward after tens of thousands devotees had gathered to proceed to the fireplace at the ashram to make offerings. The devotees were climbing stairs to cross a mini bridge ahead of the venue for the religious ceremony ‘Gayatri Mahayagya’, a male survivor said.

The situation soon went out of control and people ran helter—skelter with several women and children falling on the ground.

Uttrakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri visited the mishap site and announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to the kit and kin of each of the victims. A compensation of an identical amount was also announced by Shantikunj Ashram.

District authorities ordered the organisers of the celebrations to call off the five—day event which was due to end on Thursday.

The organisers agreed to end the celebrations on Wednesday after a prayer meeting.

Police sources said nearly two lakh people from home and abroad had gathered for the ceremony, which is considered to be biggest after the Kumbh mela.
link

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will you get spiritual/religious experience in this environment ?

god and spirituality are more of elevated internal state which maybe difficult to attain in crowded places but not impossible.

plus it may differ from individual to individual. i mean an individual may feel a stronger connection with supreme in company of large number of devotees singing His praise for example.
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about praying in a huge group is the collective prayers can do miracles. This is assuming most people there are praying and for one cause. It could be general good, like cleansing themselves off their sins .

If one gets panicked in such a mob, then it definitively is not a place to look for peace. Ofcourse, they will still reap the benefit by the others who are praying...

Also note .... the more the numbers ... more religious it gets ... the more popular the religion... get it?
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Will you get spiritual/religious experience in this environment ?

**** maro spirituality ki ...

Indianbhai, you repeating my mistake. Look at me ... no member throwing even thook at my threads. You want this happen you? You know why? Because I took my own threads for granted. I started but never finished. Members got fed up. You want this happen you, you like? Me, never mind. You a moderator. You know how shameful it is for moderators to receive no responses? Ask Tantric Yogi.

You have a thread in CGF waiting for you to steer it ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by Indian; November 9th, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
G* maro spirituality ki ...
you said once .... people who come to this forum are among gentlemen.

you still on it.

Last edited by Premi; November 10th, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
god and spirituality are more of elevated internal state which maybe difficult to attain in crowded places but not impossible.

plus it may differ from individual to individual. i mean an individual may feel a stronger connection with supreme in company of large number of devotees singing His praise for example.
i dont know how you can feel god when you are sandwiched from all sides.
If it is india...then you can smell lot of things like beedi, liquor, sweat, dirt and a variety of perfumes.

every second you are pushed either back or front and in some strange cases up/down in this kind of hostile scenario how do you think/concentrate about god and the punya he bestows upon you ?
Please tell us the technique you use it for concentrating in such difficult scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
The good thing about praying in a huge group is the collective prayers can do miracles. This is assuming most people there are praying and for one cause. It could be general good, like cleansing themselves off their sins .

If one gets panicked in such a mob, then it definitively is not a place to look for peace. Ofcourse, they will still reap the benefit by the others who are praying...

Also note .... the more the numbers ... more religious it gets ... the more popular the religion... get it?
not just in haridwar ...this kind of stampedes happened in mecca and some chrisitian places as well. How can god be so bad to kill the people who are praying collectively ? Looks like collective prayers are not good.

Quote:
**** maro spirituality ki ...

Indianbhai, you repeating my mistake. Look at me ... no member throwing even thook at my threads. You want this happen you? You know why? Because I took my own threads for granted. I started but never finished. Members got fed up. You want this happen you, you like? Me, never mind. You a moderator. You know how shameful it is for moderators to receive no responses? Ask Tantric Yogi.

You have a thread in CGF waiting for you to steer it ...
you use bad words for my thread which is talking about peaceful , tranquil, meditating methods collectively to reach god ? I have even came across people like you who use words like "gand,l**d" etc. ..when i stand in line for darshan. it is your kind of people who does not allow me to concentrate/meditate and see god.
you should stop using bad words.

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:57 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
i dont know how you can feel god when you are sandwiched from all sides.
If it is india...then you can smell lot of things like beedi, liquor, sweat, dirt and a variety of perfumes.

every second you are pushed either back or front and in some strange cases up/down in this kind of hostile scenario how do you think/concentrate about god and the punya he bestows upon you ?
Please tell us the technique you use it for concentrating in such difficult scenarios.
depends on whats u want to focus on. the odors emanated by devotees or their praise for the lord?

go to mata ka darbar. everyone is chanting and shouting 'jai mata di' and it feels good to gel, to rhyme. so many ppl wont be going thru such physically exhaustive exercise to feel bad.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; November 9th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I hate crowded places and would never go to such places even if I am to get a second life.Given a chance I would go and stay in some remote place where there is no communication and technology.
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I hate crowded places and would never go to such places even if I am to get a second life.Given a chance I would go and stay in some remote place where there is no communication and technology.
That's basically because you are an atheist. You see, it is like this. It is well-known that gods like to scr*w with human beings... lots of hindu mythology... just look at how peaceful people pray... in fact, the origin of christianity proves it beyond doubt. Gods like to scr*w people... well and good... and what's better for them than tonnes and tonnes of religious people in the same spot... tell me, what's better

To answer Indiniadi pai's question... but of course. In fact, a crowded environment is the only way to feel the presence of god/s... to feel a religious experience

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....it is your kind of people who does not allow me to concentrate/meditate and see god.
and he says he is ready to convert, .... ganda batcha !!
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:29 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
iyou use bad words for my thread which is talking about peaceful , tranquil, meditating methods collectively to reach god ? I have even came across people like you who use words like "gand,l**d" etc. ..when i stand in line for darshan. it is your kind of people who does not allow me to concentrate/meditate and see god.
You are being disrespectful to my religion. What the fuck has a filthy river or a bunch of assholes crowded likes anchovies in a can got to do with my religion? Least you can is pretend to be too educated to mix up my religion with some stupid thousand year old mythological stories?

Spirituality? Spirituality according to my religion is when you sit alone to worship, pray and, meditate with a peaceful mind. Religion and spirituality you speak is being run by pedophiles and mofos chasing women when not money.

You want to talk religion and spirituality ... good. What the fuck has your photo got to do with my religion and spirituality? Don't arrive at assumptions ... not before you have spoken to a Hindu. I am a Hindu, talk to me.

So now ... why were you being disrespectful to my religion?
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:43 AM

Talking Re: Will you get spiritual/religious experience in this environment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
you said once .... people who come to this forum are among gentlemen.you still on it.
You are not a hypocrite ... leave that quality to Krantibhai and Indianbhai. Check related thread in SF. You wish to join bandwagon ... you sure? Your religion, spirituality, and culture are mortgaged to a filthy river where crows and dog feast upon cadavers of dead? Not my religion ... not my spirituality. Yours, you guys can have it. Enjoy.

I do apologise to you guys for comment ... aisee spirtuality ki gaand maro ... I take my words back. Intention was never to offend. Sorry.

Sure feels good to have educated and intelligent fellow Hindus to mingle with.
Old November 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are not a hypocrite ... leave that quality to Krantibhai and Indianbhai. Check related thread in SF. You wish to join bandwagon ... you sure? Your religion, spirituality, and culture are mortgaged to a filthy river where crows and dog feast upon cadavers of dead? Not my religion ... not my spirituality. Yours, you guys can have it. Enjoy.

I do apologise to you guys for comment ... aisee spirtuality ki gaand maro ... I take my words back. Intention was never to offend. Sorry.

Sure feels good to have educated and intelligent fellow Hindus to mingle with.

the ones left alone at the ghat and one with crow is most disturbing pictures I saw lately. kids/relatives/people who brought the deads for this should be punished.

I dont even know which icon to attach. or or